Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tack Talk

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/derric...tside-zone

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tacks are going to surprise alot of people this season. Complete team, them tacks..
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(07-30-2018, 03:58 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Tacks are going to surprise alot of people this season. Complete team, them tacks..

The team that's really going to do some surprising is the Jaguars. Everyone seems to think they somehow lucked their way into a fourth quarter AFC championship game lead on the road and that they're really an 8-8 team.

The Jaguars are closer to a thirteen win team than an eight win team .

The tacks, on the other hand, are going to learn a humiliating lesson this season about blaming everything on a winning coach.

All accounts so far are that the tacks defense has been okay in training camp, but offense is struggling. Hearing a lot of Davis and Mariota grumbling. The loan bright spot on offense has been Henry and the zone blocking scheme. Another nugget is that tacks training camp has had a very poor fan presence this year.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(07-30-2018, 05:38 PM)B2hibry Wrote: All accounts so far are that the tacks defense has been okay in training camp, but offense is struggling. Hearing a lot of Davis and Mariota grumbling. The loan bright spot on offense has been Henry and the zone blocking scheme. Another nugget is that tacks training camp has had a very poor fan presence this year.

Lol yeah ok

Your teams sites are talking about the same thing. So blind homerism you say? It’s only training camp but if you think the tacks won’t suffer from growing pains, you’d be mistaken. The videos I’ve seen show a bunch of struggles, one of which is Mariota and ball placement. Once again, just training camp but seems to be an annual theme. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tennesseetitans...ead_day_5/

https://gotitans.com/threads/titans-trai...30.100582/

Corey Davis is silent?

Verrrry eeenteresing!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-30-2018, 08:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Your teams sites are talking about the same thing. So blind homerism you say? It’s only training camp but if you think the tacks won’t suffer from growing pains, you’d be mistaken. The videos I’ve seen show a bunch of struggles, one of which is Mariota and ball placement. Once again, just training camp but seems to be an annual theme. 

Its all good. Just find it funny you pick the one bad day mariota had, not the 4 days of excellence.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018, 02:25 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

Looking forward to these preseason games. Used to not pay much attention but last year was very telling. Mularkeys crap offense looked very bad, and it carried over into the season.
I expect some growing pains, but i also expect improvement from last season on every level. Tacks will be much improved.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018, 02:40 PM by B2hibry.)

(07-31-2018, 02:11 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 08:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Your teams sites are talking about the same thing. So blind homerism you say? It’s only training camp but if you think the tacks won’t suffer from growing pains, you’d be mistaken. The videos I’ve seen show a bunch of struggles, one of which is Mariota and ball placement. Once again, just training camp but seems to be an annual theme. 

Its all good. Just find it funny you pick the one bad day mariota had, not the 4 days of excellence.
Excellence? Was that RB and o-line day or was it short game day (passes under 15)? I haven’t seen or heard of these Mariota days of excellence.

(07-31-2018, 02:24 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Looking forward to these preseason games. Used to not pay much attention but last year was very telling. Mularkeys crap offense looked very bad, and it carried over into the season.
I expect some growing pains, but i also expect improvement from last season on every level. Tacks will be much improved.

It will be interesting. I wouldn’t expect to see vast improvement until about midway through season. Who knows, could peak at just the right time.

(07-31-2018, 02:38 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 02:11 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Its all good. Just find it funny you pick the one bad day mariota had, not the 4 days of excellence.
Excellence? Was that RB and o-line day or was it short game day (passes under 15)? I haven’t seen or heard of these Mariota days of excellence.

(07-31-2018, 02:24 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Looking forward to these preseason games. Used to not pay much attention but last year was very telling. Mularkeys crap offense looked very bad, and it carried over into the season.

It will be interesting. I wouldn’t expect to see vast improvement until about midway through season. Who knows, could peak at just the right time.

Actually, mariota has been better on the deep passes so far. Tacks secondary will be lots better also. The tacks big weakness is still reciever i would say. But i look for lafleur to get more production with creativity than terry robiskie did for sure

(07-30-2018, 05:20 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 03:58 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Tacks are going to surprise alot of people this season. Complete team, them tacks..

The team that's really going to do some surprising is the Jaguars. Everyone seems to think they somehow lucked their way into a fourth quarter AFC championship game lead on the road and that they're really an 8-8 team.

The tacks, on the other hand, are going to learn a humiliating lesson this season about blaming everything on a winning coach.

I predict the jags start 0-3

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018, 07:16 PM by Brett.)

(07-31-2018, 06:04 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 05:20 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The team that's really going to do some surprising is the Jaguars. Everyone seems to think they somehow lucked their way into a fourth quarter AFC championship game lead on the road and that they're really an 8-8 team.

[Image: AgileThisAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif]

(07-31-2018, 06:04 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 05:20 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The team that's really going to do some surprising is the Jaguars. Everyone seems to think they somehow lucked their way into a fourth quarter AFC championship game lead on the road and that they're really an 8-8 team.

I'll wager a grand on that being complete [BLEEP] right now

(07-31-2018, 04:00 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Corey Davis is silent?

Verrrry eeenteresing!

Actually, anything I've read about Davis is that he has been insanely good in camp. I haven't seen any practices myself though.

For Mariota, I keep reading that his ball placement is better. I know in the videos I've seen, he's making a lot of the throws he has struggled with in the past. Still not the same as a game, however.

Taywan Taylor has shined a bit too.

Other than the secondary, I really haven't heard much about the defense.

(08-01-2018, 07:41 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 04:00 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Corey Davis is silent?

Verrrry eeenteresing!

Actually, anything I've read about Davis is that he has been insanely good in camp. I haven't seen any practices myself though.

For Mariota, I keep reading that his ball placement is better. I know in the videos I've seen, he's making a lot of the throws he has struggled with in the past. Still not the same as a game, however.

Taywan Taylor has shined a bit too.

Other than the secondary, I really haven't heard much about the defense.
I know Davis has had a few decent camps but I’m hearing he hasn’t appeared to step up to that next level. Honestly it seems pretty quiet on the WR front. Someone needs to step up because Walker can’t be expected to do it all.

Anyone stepping up to challenge Cyp? That dude is a pretty big weak link back there.

I’ve heard good things about Cruikshank but I don’t think he’s here to usurp Cyprian. Cyprian is definitely the weakest link but honestly, he’s not terrible in coverage and he hits. But you guys already know that. Overall, the secondary is much better. I could be wrong, but I think Jackson will be slot, which in my opinion, is perfect for him with how he plays the ball.

(08-01-2018, 12:58 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: I’ve heard good things about Cruikshank but I don’t think he’s here to usurp Cyprian. Cyprian is definitely the weakest link but honestly, he’s not terrible in coverage and he hits. But you guys already know that. Overall, the secondary is much better. I could be wrong, but I think Jackson will be slot, which in my opinion, is perfect for him with how he plays the ball.

Excited about this secondary. Robinson has turned a big weakness into a strength in just a cpl years. Just hope the pass rush improves, i think it will. All around, tacks will be a top 10 defense this season

(08-01-2018, 01:49 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 12:58 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: I’ve heard good things about Cruikshank but I don’t think he’s here to usurp Cyprian. Cyprian is definitely the weakest link but honestly, he’s not terrible in coverage and he hits. But you guys already know that. Overall, the secondary is much better. I could be wrong, but I think Jackson will be slot, which in my opinion, is perfect for him with how he plays the ball.

Excited about this secondary. Robinson has turned a big weakness into a strength in just a cpl years. Just hope the pass rush improves, i think it will. All around, tacks will be a top 10 defense this season

Top 10 based on what? I get that you are a tack fan but you appear overly optimistic on anything tack related. There are just so many question marks to be claiming all this domination, especially during another reset of sorts.

(08-01-2018, 02:08 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 01:49 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Excited about this secondary. Robinson has turned a big weakness into a strength in just a cpl years. Just hope the pass rush improves, i think it will. All around, tacks will be a top 10 defense this season

Top 10 based on what? I get that you are a tack fan but you appear overly optimistic on anything tack related. There are just so many question marks to be claiming all this domination, especially during another reset of sorts.
Yeah. 

New coach, new system, just overpaid a declining vet CB, a pass rush that ranked 21st in pressure percentage last year,  talking about moving a first round CB to the nickel?  

That's not screaming top ten to me. It's just a bunch of hovering question marks. 

They have some talent. Enough to be a top ten unit even. I'm just not sure where the confidence is coming from at this stage though with all of the unknowns floating about.