Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tack Talk

(08-07-2018, 10:26 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 05:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: That should be the biggest concern for tacks fans right now though, his accuracy. I can understand some scheme growing pains, but accuracy is something that is concerning. 

Blake's has gotten better, Mariota's is getting worse.

He’s had one bad practice. A practice. You guys didn’t want to post links to the good practices he had. Bortles could only muster garbage time TD’s against what some here consider a so so defense just last season. Has Bortles improved enough to score a meaningful TD?

I've seen multiple reports of Mariota having off days
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-07-2018, 02:04 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 01:53 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: He isn't even Alex Smith.. Alex Smith is one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL and he rarely makes a mistake which leads to a interception.. Two areas in Mariota's game that is holding him back.

I agree with your point, but the comparison was toward what the teams led by guys like them can expect as far as winning. The titans have had two winning seasons in a row and even managed a playoff win against the incredible wilting chiefs, but they fired their coach because they recognized what everyone else did, which is that they're not actually a good team. Their fans blamed coaching, I personally think it's talent level. If Mariota actually was an elite QB they'd have won the division last year.

With half of a competent coaching staff, the titans would have won the division last year
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 08:14 AM by Treestone Ice.)

(08-08-2018, 04:35 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 02:04 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I agree with your point, but the comparison was toward what the teams led by guys like them can expect as far as winning. The titans have had two winning seasons in a row and even managed a playoff win against the incredible wilting chiefs, but they fired their coach because they recognized what everyone else did, which is that they're not actually a good team. Their fans blamed coaching, I personally think it's talent level. If Mariota actually was an elite QB they'd have won the division last year.

With half of a competent coaching staff, the titans would have won the division last year

Lol whatever makes you sleep better at night.

(08-01-2018, 02:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 02:11 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Its all good. Just find it funny you pick the one bad day mariota had, not the 4 days of excellence.

Didn't he throw more ints than tds last year?

That was only because of coaching though. Had nothing to do with Mariota being an average QB.

I cant wait for the point where reality sets in and the rest of the division watches us walk away with it. The excuses next year should be even better.

(08-07-2018, 10:26 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 05:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: That should be the biggest concern for tacks fans right now though, his accuracy. I can understand some scheme growing pains, but accuracy is something that is concerning. 

Blake's has gotten better, Mariota's is getting worse.

Has Bortles improved enough to score a meaningful TD?

You must not have watched the rest of the playoffs after your team got shellacked by the patriots, huh?

(08-12-2018, 08:18 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 10:26 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: Has Bortles improved enough to score a meaningful TD?

You must not have watched the rest of the playoffs after your team got shellacked by the patriots, huh?

That’s your go to after your team got swept? Guess you’re a Pats fan now.

(08-12-2018, 08:34 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 08:18 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: You must not have watched the rest of the playoffs after your team got shellacked by the patriots, huh?

That’s your go to after your team got swept? Guess you’re a Pats fan now.

No, just a fan of a team that went further than the tacks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

And I’m just a fan of a team that owns the Jags

(08-12-2018, 07:25 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: And I’m just a fan of a team that owns the Jags

As the Tennessee Argonauts look up in the standings at us.

(08-12-2018, 08:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 07:25 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: And I’m just a fan of a team that owns the Jags

As the Tennessee Argonauts look up in the standings at us.

They're holding on tight to a couple of games that didn't end up meaning anything.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2018, 10:59 AM by Kane.)

(08-13-2018, 07:34 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 08:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As the Tennessee Argonauts look up in the standings at us.

They're holding on tight to a couple of games that didn't end up meaning anything.

Except for the Eagles... none of the games meant anything I reckon lol

Tacks havent showed much these first 2 games but out of 3 drives, Mariota has 2 touchdowns. Lafleur will help him tremendously. Tacks are super bowl bound. (Last part is for the watt homer)

(08-19-2018, 07:32 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Tacks havent showed much these first 2 games but out of 3 drives, Mariota has 2 touchdowns. Lafleur will help him tremendously. Tacks are super bowl bound. (Last part is for the watt homer)

I saw that one deep ball that was like 10-15 yards behind his receivers. Looking for more of that during the reg season.

(08-19-2018, 07:32 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Tacks havent showed much these first 2 games but out of 3 drives, Mariota has 2 touchdowns. Lafleur will help him tremendously. Tacks are super bowl bound. (Last part is for the watt homer)

Lol, you've been saying that stupid crap before I even started conversing with you.

Y'all should've won the division right 

Laughing

Gabbert had better stats than Mariota. Qb controversy?

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 03:51 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(08-26-2018, 10:07 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Gabbert had better stats than Mariota.  Qb controversy?

Well lets wait till the real games start. But yeah, gabbert is improving week by week, although playing against reserves. Gabbert is 10 times better than matt cassel though. 
But mariota is going to blow up this season.

(08-27-2018, 03:48 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 10:07 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Gabbert had better stats than Mariota.  Qb controversy?

Well lets wait till the real games start. But yeah, gabbert is improving week by week, although playing against reserves. Gabbert is 10 times better than matt cassel though. 
But mariota is going to blow up this season.

Don't get fooled by practice/preseason Gabbert. That's what he does.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-19-2018, 08:27 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote:

I saw that one deep ball that was like 10-15 yards behind his receivers. Looking for more of that during the reg season.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/103...5042397184

This one?

(08-27-2018, 12:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 08:27 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: I saw that one deep ball that was like 10-15 yards behind his receivers. Looking for more of that during the reg season.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/103...5042397184

This one?

Davis and mariota will get this stuff ironed out before the playoffs

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018, 05:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Lol

https://www.facebook.com/NFLonESPN/video...825051405/