Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tack Talk

(08-29-2018, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol

https://www.facebook.com/NFLonESPN/video...825051405/

[BLEEP]..

Dude should've just walked off the field and handed over his playbook right then and there after that.  Laughing

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018, 07:03 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

We are quick to judge when a qb misses a reciever in a game. Just goes to show on some plays we dont know all the details, route assignments, all the what if's that recievers and qb's work out thru practice.
This actually makes me feel alot better about these tacks. This will be Mariota's best season. Guaranteed
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(08-08-2018, 04:35 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 02:04 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I agree with your point, but the comparison was toward what the teams led by guys like them can expect as far as winning. The titans have had two winning seasons in a row and even managed a playoff win against the incredible wilting chiefs, but they fired their coach because they recognized what everyone else did, which is that they're not actually a good team. Their fans blamed coaching, I personally think it's talent level. If Mariota actually was an elite QB they'd have won the division last year.

With half of a competent coaching staff, the titans would have won the division last year

Looks like you now have a half competent staff.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(08-29-2018, 07:02 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: We are quick to judge when a qb misses a reciever in a game. Just goes to show on some plays we dont know all the details, route assignments, all the what if's that recievers and qb's work out thru practice.
This actually makes me feel alot better about these tacks. This will be Mariota's best season. Guaranteed

Off to a wonderful start.

(09-11-2018, 10:57 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 07:02 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: We are quick to judge when a qb misses a reciever in a game. Just goes to show on some plays we dont know all the details, route assignments, all the what if's that recievers and qb's work out thru practice.

LOL that is what I was about to say... So far so good lol.

Mariota is below average. The Titans will never be a Super Bowl contender with him.

Quote:Delanie Walker will miss the rest of the 2018 season with a broken ankle and ligament damage.
Mike Vrabel said Walker had a "leg injury" and would undergo surgery in the next couple of days.
Walker led the Titans with 74 receptions and 807 receiving yards last season.

Big loss for them.

(09-11-2018, 12:29 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: Mariota is below average.  The Titans will never be a Super Bowl contender with him.

Good
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-11-2018, 10:57 AM)Kane Wrote:

Yeah for real. Mariota is walking a thin line with his future contract. Sometimes i wonder if he even wants to be a qb in this league. 
I expect he will get better, if he can stay on the field. I also expect robinson to start looking at qb's.

(09-11-2018, 02:29 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 10:57 AM)Kane Wrote: Off to a wonderful start.

Yeah for real. Mariota is walking a thin line with his future contract. Sometimes i wonder if he even wants to be a qb in this league. 
I expect he will get better, if he can stay on the field. I also expect robinson to start looking at qb's.
I heard Kessler is available for a 1st round pick....

I’m still staunchly in Mariota’s corner. He took a cheap, albeit legal hit. He took a helmet to the hand. His knuckles swelled up. I doubt he could feel the football but he tried to play through it anyway. He was having a decent game until then. He’ll get over the hand.

And besides, if I ever feel down about Mariota having a bad game, I just watch some of Bortles’s low lights to remind me of how bad it could be.

(09-11-2018, 09:28 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: I’m still staunchly in Mariota’s corner. He took a cheap, albeit legal hit. He took a helmet to the hand. His knuckles swelled up. I doubt he could feel the football but he tried to play through it anyway. He was having a decent game until then. He’ll get over the hand.

And besides, if I ever feel down about Mariota having a bad game, I just watch some of Bortles’s low lights to remind me of how bad it could be.

Yeah i really really want mariota to be the one. 
Lafleur's offense is an improvement already. I'm not too down on mariota yet. He shouldn't have stayed in the game if he couldnt feel his hand. Lol
I get down after a loss but i dont stay down. Texans are going down this wk.

(09-11-2018, 09:28 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: I’m still staunchly in Mariota’s corner. He took a cheap, albeit legal hit. He took a helmet to the hand. His knuckles swelled up. I doubt he could feel the football but he tried to play through it anyway. He was having a decent game until then. He’ll get over the hand.

How bad it could be? You mean like going to the AFCCG? or not finishing a season? Even if Mariota was better than Blake (which he isn't) it doesn't really matter if he's the greatest to ever play the game. If you can't stay healthy, you can't play period.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Big test for Jonnu Smith and Cory Davis this year

Thumbs Down 

Oh that’s kind of cute. You think Mariota is better than Bortles

Has Blake ever had a season where he threw more interceptions than TDs? No? Cool cool....

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 03:28 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Mariota has regressed. He improved going into and through year 2 and has been on decline since we broke his leg
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-12-2018, 02:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Has Blake ever had a season where he threw more interceptions than TDs? No? Cool cool....

Yes. What he hasn’t had is a season with a QB rating north of 90

(09-12-2018, 08:52 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(09-12-2018, 02:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Has Blake ever had a season where he threw more interceptions than TDs? No? Cool cool....

Has Mariota ever finished a full 16 game season? no.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(09-12-2018, 08:52 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(09-12-2018, 02:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Has Blake ever had a season where he threw more interceptions than TDs? No? Cool cool....

So you'd rather have a better "rated" QB and lose?

Dat's cool.........

Ms. Mary was a bad choice. (Though it isn't like there was a lot of good ones in that draft.)
Bortles may not end up being a good choice for where he was drafted, but he's on his 2nd contract already and it's a palatable one. So it isn't like he also cost us tons like Carr did or Jimmy G (without proof they are as good as advertised)

As a fan you should be happy Ms. Mary is blowing it and falling to pieces (it's almost as if some of us thought it would happen like that)
at least you won't be forced into paying him a big second contract... and next years QBs look to be solid. (Grier, Stidham, Herbert--if you're not scared of from Oregon)