Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFT's Chris Simms on Surprise Playoff Teams

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2018, 10:22 AM by Bullseye.)

Let's try this link instead...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...he-season/

I can't say I disagree too much with his choices.

With the Giants, they have skill position talent for days.  If they can get their OL to just above competent, their offense will be tough to stop (that is if Eli doesn't start declining appreciably).

As for the Chiefs, Andy Reid teams are typically well coached, and he typically does a really good job developing QBs.  Mahomes is really young, but he has a good running game to support him with Hunt, good receiving targets in Watkins, Hill, and Kelce, and a pretty good offensive line.  My question regarding the Chiefs would be their defense.

I also find it interesting that these two teams are in the first half of the Jaguars schedule-both on the road.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Chiefs are going to go through some growing pains with PM. He has a live arm, but that gets QBs in trouble sometimes. Look for Reid to keep his offense conservative just like he did with Alex Smith.

(08-01-2018, 03:01 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Chiefs are going to go through some growing pains with PM. He has a live arm, but that gets QBs in trouble sometimes. Look for Reid to keep his offense conservative just like he did with Alex Smith.

Did you watch the Chiefs last year? Andy Reid with Alex Smith had the league's top ranked deep ball passing offense.

Simms and Florio in the same article/video...oh lord!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Simms is worthless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-06-2018, 02:08 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 03:01 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Chiefs are going to go through some growing pains with PM. He has a live arm, but that gets QBs in trouble sometimes. Look for Reid to keep his offense conservative just like he did with Alex Smith.

Did you watch the Chiefs last year? Andy Reid with Alex Smith had the league's top ranked deep ball passing offense.

TBF they did run a lot more conservative/check down for years until last year (Tyreek Hill might have had something to do with it)

Which is odd to me... Alex Smith has his break out year from game manager to #1 deep ball thrower.... and they trade him to start a very young QB.

(08-08-2018, 09:07 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 02:08 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Did you watch the Chiefs last year? Andy Reid with Alex Smith had the league's top ranked deep ball passing offense.

TBF they did run a lot more conservative/check down for years until last year (Tyreek Hill might have had something to do with it)

Which is odd to me... Alex Smith has his break out year from game manager to #1 deep ball thrower.... and they trade him to start a very young QB.

When you take a QB as high as they did it was inevitable.. plus Andy Reid started to feel like his game didn't translate to the playoffs.

(08-08-2018, 10:23 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 09:07 AM)Kane Wrote: TBF they did run a lot more conservative/check down for years until last year (Tyreek Hill might have had something to do with it)

When you take a QB as high as they did it was inevitable.. plus Andy Reid started to feel like his game didn't translate to the playoffs.

Fair points... its like the saying 'give up on em a year early rather than a year late' or something....

I don't think Alex has the weapons in DC he had in KC... and it'll show...
I would trust Andy Reid as he's gotten it done with a multitude of QBs over the years and has even coached up guys to be better than they were (Foles and Kolb who I think he got some draft equity out of)