Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trouble brewing for Urban Meyer?

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/urban...tic-abuse/

I haven't been following this, and is the first I've heard of it.

Opinions?
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If evidence is provided and this is true, Meyer is done. It would mean that he tolerated one of his staff being a woman beater for several years with no repercussions.

He'll just "retire" again citing health reasons.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

He is pure scum.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...31361?s=19
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/10...2516473856
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 09:36 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

URBAN MEYER KNOWS --- that was good !!!

The dude that helped cover for scum bag Aaron Hernandez looked the other way in this matter??

You don't say?

Urban now has what I like to call a "track record".

As a Gator fan he left a bad taste the way he went about things on his way out...
I hope he gets his just deserts.

He'll retire like Deacon pointed out. In a poor attempt to save face. A little late for that now though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-01-2018, 03:05 PM)Dumptruck Wrote: If evidence is provided and this is true, Meyer is done. It would mean that he tolerated one of his staff being a woman beater for several years with no repercussions.

They've been talking about this a lot on the radio, but I kinda feel like people are making a lot of assumptions about this.  Did he tolerate someone on his staff being a habitual woman beater, or did he just not have enough information to legally fire him for the issue?  Was the guy even arrested for anything? The bombshell is that his wife was sent a picture by the victim, but what picture?  What was in the picture?  Isn't this important?  I'm not saying he's innocent or guilty of anything, but just this story still has a good deal of holes people are filling in for themselves.

(08-03-2018, 03:07 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 03:05 PM)Dumptruck Wrote: If evidence is provided and this is true, Meyer is done. It would mean that he tolerated one of his staff being a woman beater for several years with no repercussions.

They've been talking about this a lot on the radio, but I kinda feel like people are making a lot of assumptions about this.  Did he tolerate someone on his staff being a habitual woman beater, or did he just not have enough information to legally fire him for the issue?  Was the guy even arrested for anything? The bombshell is that his wife was sent a picture by the victim, but what picture?  What was in the picture?  Isn't this important?  I'm not saying he's innocent or guilty of anything, but just this story still has a good deal of holes people are filling in for themselves.
Firstly, Urban Meyer already lied once about this story, claiming he never knew about any of it...... later to be found false.

This whole situation goes back all the way to 2009.
Regardless of whether this guy has been or ever was charged with anything... the issue here is that coaches, universities and people involved in college competitive sports are placing winning over real life problems, like sexual assault (Winston, Mixon) and domestic violence, as in this repeat offender (or repeat suspect, whatever)

Urban Meyer epitomizes this going back to his days sweeping stuff under the rug at UF.

Perhaps Meyer knew, and said something to OSU about this situation.. and perhaps that clears him of "wrong doing" but it doesn't clear him of making poor decisions as a human.
This guy has had like a dozen police visits to his house over allegations of DV.
Perhaps Meyer should move on from this guy and let him get his schtuff together in real life....

If OSU knew of what's going on and turned a blind eye, it's even worse.

I'm usually the first to jump to someone's defense in "wait for more information or proof"
but after what I've heard and read... there's plenty of smoke.

It isn't just Meyer and OSU.
This happens all the time. If major media doesn't get ahold of the story, then colleges and their coaches skate by.
And only after it becomes a huge national news story does anyone want to do anything... and then you're only punishing to appease the media mob as it were.

Tony Reali said it best "the entire system is weighted against the victim"