Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pre-Season Injury Updates

Obviously - we won't get tons of info from this staff this time of year, but after 5 camp sessions here's an update from Oehser:

INJURY WATCH

Wide receiver Marqise Lee, defensive end Yannick Ngakoue and linebacker Telvin Smith all returned to practice Wednesday. Lee worked on a limited basis, working in individual drills after missing the last two days after sustaining an injury Saturday. Ngakoue missed Tuesday after being poked in the eye Monday, but returned wearing a shield over his facemask Wednesday. Smith missed Tuesday’s practice for personal reasons. Tight end Niles Paul missed practice with a hamstring injury.

Defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. (shoulder) remained on the Physically Unable to Perform list, where he has been since the start of training camp.
NOTABLE
*Rookie Leon Jacobs missed practice and linebacker Brooks Ellis worked with the first team at strongside linebacker in Jacobs’ place. Jacobs had worked with the first team in the first five practices of camp. Blair Brown continued to work with the second team at weak and middle backer. …

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So hyped about Jacobs being our strong side LB as the starter. Our LB unit has so much speed. They will be wrecking games this year.

Not bad. Hamstring injury, ugh.

(08-01-2018, 02:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not bad. Hamstring injury, ugh.

Yeah, those hammys are not good.

Marrone says Smoot, Ankou and Norwell will not practice in first joint practice with Vikings.

(08-14-2018, 11:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Marrone says Smoot, Ankou and Norwell will not practice in first joint practice with Vikings.

I say bubble wrap any veteran if they get a hang nail, we need to be healthy when it matters to make a run!

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2018, 05:26 PM by irontrooper83.)

(08-14-2018, 11:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Marrone says Smoot, Ankou and Norwell will not practice in first joint practice with Vikings.

I wouldn't be surprised if Smoot ends up on injured reserve at this point, he has been injured pretty much the entire offseason and competition is strong at the position.
I am/was actually really looking forward to his improvement this season...

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...3508272128

I guess that means Norwell practiced.

What's up with Smoot's ankle? Is he looking at IR?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-22-2018, 01:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...3508272128

I'd like to see Bryan and Norwell on Saturday.  Well...actually...I won't see it unless I can figure out a way to watch in Pittsburgh.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-22-2018, 01:18 PM)Rico Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 01:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...3508272128

I'd like to see Bryan and Norwell on Saturday.  Well...actually...I won't see it unless I can figure out a way to watch in Pittsburgh.

Jaguars.com?

It's gonna take more than a poke in the eye to keep Yannick down.

What's up with sefarian jenkins? Has he even played?

(08-22-2018, 09:30 PM)surfon Wrote: What's up with sefarian jenkins?  Has he even played?

Not sure where this is coming from. 

Yes he played, and he's been very good in camp. He and Blake have some good chemistry.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-22-2018, 09:30 PM)surfon Wrote: What's up with sefarian jenkins?  Has he even played?

He's had an injury that held him out of preseason games, but he'll be fine.  They needed the reps to sort out Paul, O'Shaughnessy and Koyack anyway.  They know what they've got in ASJ.

[Image: ASJ.gif]

(08-23-2018, 08:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

He's had an injury that held him out of preseason games, but he'll be fine.  They needed the reps to sort out Paul, O'Shaughnessy and Koyack anyway.  They know what they've got in ASJ.

Don't forget Orndoff.  I've heard he's going to be a star...along with Basile.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-23-2018, 09:04 AM)Rico Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 08:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's had an injury that held him out of preseason games, but he'll be fine.  They needed the reps to sort out Paul, O'Shaughnessy and Koyack anyway.  They know what they've got in ASJ.

...because I said so!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(08-23-2018, 09:04 AM)Rico Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 08:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's had an injury that held him out of preseason games, but he'll be fine.  They needed the reps to sort out Paul, O'Shaughnessy and Koyack anyway.  They know what they've got in ASJ.

LOL
Orndoff is a pretty good PS candidate. He's slow and lumbers through routes, but he's a good blocker that can leak out to catch a pass here and there. His Dad played in the USFL. 

I got a kick out of Hackett splitting him wide in the red-zone on a 5'10" DB. That defender didn't stand a chance.

[Image: ScreenShot2018-08-23at9.17.47AM.png]

(08-23-2018, 09:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 09:04 AM)Rico Wrote: Don't forget Orndoff.  I've heard he's going to be a star...along with Basile.

LOL
Orndoff is a pretty good PS candidate. He's slow and lumbers through routes, but he's a good blocker that can leak out to catch a pass here and there. His Dad played in the USFL. 

I got a kick out of Hackett splitting him wide in the red-zone on a 5'10" DB. That defender didn't stand a chance.

[Image: ScreenShot2018-08-23at9.17.47AM.png]

I've been pleasantly surprised by Orndoff. A position that was once a dire need (TE), now looks really deep for us.