Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pre-Season Injury Updates

(08-23-2018, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...9927365634

Interested to see how much better the line performs. Blake should actually have some decent time and some lanes for Fournette
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 03:09 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

What happened to Smoot?

Edit: Just saw this critical opinion about him: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/8/21/...-in-a-bind

Not much to disagree on, but I think Smoot was meant to be more the big end guy replacement for Calais but now we have Taven who can play outside and in. Got to wonder if his roster spot is in question. Dimick hasn't really shown anything in the preseason games to make a case.

(08-23-2018, 02:18 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: What happened to Smoot?

Edit: Just saw this critical opinion about him: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/8/21/...-in-a-bind

Not much to disagree on, but I think Smoot was meant to be more the big end guy replacement for Calais but now we have Taven who can play outside and in. Got to wonder if his roster spot is in question. Dimick hasn't really shown anything in the preseason games to make a case.

If Smoot can't get healthy I could see him IR'd.
I don't think he's in danger of being cut with the expected exit of Fowler after this season and the possible exit of another DL guy or two.
I agree that I don't think he was ever supposed to be a replacement for Fowler but is used more as a swing backup.

Sometimes 3rd round picks don't pan out to be much more than role players. Maybe the idea was to take over the big end spot but Taven fell in their laps.
I think Smoot will run out his contract as a backup player. And for this season he could be IR'd if he doesn't get on the field this week or next. (McCray has played well in his time on the field)

I literally despised the Smoot pick. I remember right before he was drafted, I was yelling at the television for us to draft OG Dan Feeney. Feeney is entering the second season as the starting LG for the Chargers.

(08-23-2018, 03:54 PM)Kane Wrote:

I don't think he's in danger of being cut with the expected exit of Fowler after this season and the possible exit of another DL guy or two.
I agree that I don't think he was ever supposed to be a replacement for Fowler but is used more as a swing backup.

Sometimes 3rd round picks don't pan out to be much more than role players. Maybe the idea was to take over the big end spot but Taven fell in their laps.
I think Smoot will run out his contract as a backup player. And for this season he could be IR'd if he doesn't get on the field this week or next. (McCray has played well in his time on the field)

I feel much the same on Smoot, and IR might make sense if it's going to be a nagging injury.  He may turn out to be a solid rotational player or maybe more, but I'd not be shocked if they shelve him for now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Smoot and Ankou are back practicing today, the situation gets interesting on the Dline depth with their return. Also returning to practice are Payne, Harrison, Bouye and Dareus.

Only players not practicing are Reavis, Linder, Gipson and Koyack.

id rather them hold out dareus we dont need a torn pec

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 05:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-23-2018, 03:54 PM)Kane Wrote:

We could've had OG Dan Feeney instead of Smoot. Ugh!

(08-27-2018, 01:50 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: id rather them hold out dareus we dont need a torn pec

I'd rather have them hold out all of our starters next game. We don't need any more injuries in meaningless games.