Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hall of Fame game

Ravens and the Bears....think AR 15 will make an appearance?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nah.

I think we'll see very few 1s tonight.

I'll still be watching at least a Q or two....
just cuz

FOOTBALL IS BACK!

Maybe just the opening drive. Interested to see him in action though. Same for Hurns.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm interested to see Lamar Jackson tonight
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-02-2018, 03:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm interested to see Lamar Jackson tonight

Think he'll have 5 catches for 100 yards and a TD?

(08-02-2018, 03:36 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 03:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm interested to see Lamar Jackson tonight

Think he'll have 5 catches for 100 yards and a TD?

I see what you did there
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

gonna check it out

These flags smh. Football is going to end itself with some dumb rules.

Yawn.
'02

I really like RG3 I hope he gets another chance to play more.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Two observations:

1. If the new helmet rule is enforced the way it was in this game, then the refs will determine who wins and who loses this season.
2. Both teams need receivers that can catch.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

What a snooze. This helmet rule is going to create a lot of issues that will surpass the pain caused by the ignorant catch rule. Too subjective.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

The helmet rule thing really seems overblown imo. I remember when it first came out people thought it would be thrown every down because of how running plays work. I think the overall notion is they'll throw it more often in preseason and then scale back as players also adjust....
We'll see... it was the first (extra) preseason game.

On to the "game"
the Bears have a questionable QB room. Mitch didn't play, and they are hoping he takes a good step forward... and for their sake I hope he does cuz Chase Daniel and Tyler Bray would make me yearn for Gabbert and Henne.
The Ravens wasted a first round pick lol Jackson was terrible and I hope Jeff Darling can keep his emotions in check from here out haha. Maybe they develop this kid into a great QB one day... but either way they traded up to select him at the bottom of round 1.... I know it's just one fake extra preseason game... But I was expecting a lil more than that from the hype this guy has gotten from certain people. To think some Jag fans wanted this guy. Bahahaha

My thoughts from last night's game?

Piss poor pass protection on both teams.

Lamar Jackson didn't look so hot.

Hurst was decent.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It looked like the first preseason game. I can see why Jackson was boosted. He has a great arm and accuracy was good. Now decision making did not look good at all. Like most running QBs he fell back on natural running ability when the passing game was frustrated. I can’t believe there was even rumblings that he would beat out Flacco. Jackson has a looooong way to go.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-02-2018, 09:06 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I really like RG3 I hope he gets another chance to play more.

You could always just watch DeShaun Watson, he's the same guy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-03-2018, 09:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Lamar Jackson didn't look so hot.

I don't mean to bag on the guy, it isn't his fault where he was valued/drafted...
But dude was going up against backups of backups and looked terrible. If his wheels are a big part of his game, perhaps he could have avoided some of the pressure caused by the bad OL protection?

I mean... this dude is supposed to be Vick right?
Fans (of our team and others) and talking heads have been talking this dude up for months... and that was the most anti-climatic debut I can ever recall lol
Probably would have had a better stat line as a WR/RB/OW
Laughing

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2018, 02:56 PM by Caldrac.)

Wasn't impressed by either team. Jackson's INT was ugly. You don't throw a pass inside on an outside comeback route. That ball needs to be rifled out and towards the sideline. It was his first game. I get it. But we'll see.

The penalty stuff towards the head should cool down by the end of the pre season. Someone mentioned that one of the commentators stated earlier that night that they would be seeing more flags thrown so they will have enough film for the regular season to better gauge what should and shouldn't be flagged. Just need more looks is all.

With that said. Pretty embarrassing that the Ravens managed only 17 points and the Bears only 16 with so much yellow flying around out there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Lamar was way over drafted. Hes Pat White 2.0 but right handed.

(08-02-2018, 02:12 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Ravens and the Bears....think AR 15 will make an appearance?

I did notice that the Bears had another receiver with the number 15.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"