Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can the technical team share any known issues with Chrome browser?

Can the technical team share any known issues with Chrome browser?

A few big ones that stand out to me...

1.  In replies, sometimes you have to choose Preview Post before you can see any advanced options (font effects, size, justification, insert object, etc...)

2.  Embedded links get "broken" if there is text before/after the link.  Example, if I post a twitter link - it only cleanly posts the link if that's the only thing in the post.  Any text before or after and I'll have to go back and edit the post to remove the text for the twitter link to properly embed.

3.  If I post a separate post in a thread I've just posted in, the posts get combined into one with a solid line between them instead of posting as two separate messages.

Are these known issues and/or are there known settings for Chrome to cure any of these?

I don't recall seeing this issue on Chrome for Android/mobile, just notice on Windows/PC.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hey Pirkster, tech team here:

1) This is intentional, as that's the "quick reply" box. Since that shows up on the bottom of every page, it doesn't slow things down and load a full WISIWYG editor every page load. The idea is to click the "reply" link below a post or click the reply button at the bottom of the page (or just click 'preview post' like I do) if you wanna get to the full editor.

2) I'll look into this. It's supposed to work if it's on it's own line.

3) Anti-spam features merge posts made within a few minutes of each other into a single post. This is designed to prevent a single user making a bunch of posts in a row which will clutter up the posts (and prevent people who are trying to boost their post count). Multi-quote or edit a post if you have more to say. This isn't Twitter after all and you can post more than 160 characters!

I hope that makes sense! Do report any other issues that you come across!
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.