Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your Pre-Preseason Power Ranking

My Pre-Preseason NFL Power Ranking...

1. Eagles
2. Vikings
3. Rams
4. Jaguars
5. Steelers
6. Saints
7. Falcons
8. Patriots
9. Chargers
10. Packers
11. Lions
12. Titans
13. 49ers
14. Panthers
15. Bengals
16. Cowboys
17. Giants
18. Texans
19. Raiders
20. Chiefs
21. Seahawks
22. Redskins
23. Bears
24. Broncos
25. Browns
26. Ravens
27. Jets
28. Dolphins
29. Cards
30. Bucs
31. Colts
32. Bills
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-02-2018, 08:58 PM)Jags02 Wrote: My Pre-Preseason NFL Power Ranking...

1. Eagles
2. Vikings
3. Rams
4. Jaguars
5. Steelers
6. Saints
7. Falcons
8. Patriots
9. Chargers
10. Packers
11. Lions
12. Titans
13. 49ers
14. Panthers
15. Bengals
16. Cowboys
17. Giants
18. Texans
19. Raiders
20. Chiefs
21. Seahawks
22. Redskins
23. Bears
24. Broncos
25. Browns
26. Ravens
27. Jets
28. Dolphins
29. Cards
30. Bucs
31. Colts
32. Bills

Patriots at 8? Idk I would switch PIT and NE.

So generally speaking, you think the NFC is the stronger conference?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-04-2018, 11:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote: So generally speaking, you think the NFC is the stronger conference?

Indeed. In some cases, I've even had to lower NFC teams vs AFC teams just because they're more likely to take a loss playing in the NFC.
'02

1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. New England Patriots
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Atlanta Falcons
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Jacksonville Jaguars
8. Los Angeles Rams
9.Tennessee Titans
10. San Francisco 49ers
11. Carolina Panthers
12. New Orleans Saints
13. Houston Texans
14. Los Angeles Chargers
15. Detroit Lions
16. Seattle Seahawks
17. Baltimore Ravens
18. Kansas City Chiefs
19. Dallas Cowboys
20. Oakland Raiders
21. Buffalo Bills
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
23. New York Giants
24. Washington Redskins
25. Denver Broncos
26. Miami Dolphins
27. Chicago Bears
28. New York Jets
29. Cincinnati Bengals
30. Indianapolis Colts
31. Arizona Cardinals
32. Cleveland Browns

Bortles still needs to take the next step forward. But if our defense becomes more consistent, and Bortles moves forward, we could be moving up pretty fast.

1. Patriots
2. Eagles
3. Jaguars
4. Vikings
5. Rams
6. Chargers
7. Steelers
8. Saints
9. Packers
10. Falcons
11. Cowboys
12. 49ers
13. Washington
14. Dolphins
15. Lions
16. Texans
17. Chiefs
18. Bengals
19. Titans
20. Raiders
21. Bears
22. Broncos
23. Colts
24. Ravens
25. Giants
26. Cardinals
27. Panthers
28. Seahawks
29. Browns
30. Jets
31. Bucs
32. Bills

(08-04-2018, 02:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Patriots
2. Eagles
3. Jaguars
4. Vikings
5. Rams
6. Chargers
7. Steelers
8. Saints
9. Packers
10. Falcons
11.  Cowboys
12. 49ers
13. Washington
14. Dolphins
15. Lions
16. Texans
17. Chiefs
18. Bengals
19. Titans
20. Raiders
21. Bears
22. Broncos
23. Colts
24. Ravens
25. Giants
26. Cardinals
27. Panthers
28. Seahawks
29. Browns
30. Jets
31. Bucs
32. Bills

What's your thinking behind the Dolphins at #14 and the Seahawks at #28?
'02

(08-05-2018, 05:11 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 02:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Patriots
2. Eagles
3. Jaguars
4. Vikings
5. Rams
6. Chargers
7. Steelers
8. Saints
9. Packers
10. Falcons
11.  Cowboys
12. 49ers
13. Washington
14. Dolphins
15. Lions
16. Texans
17. Chiefs
18. Bengals
19. Titans
20. Raiders
21. Bears
22. Broncos
23. Colts
24. Ravens
25. Giants
26. Cardinals
27. Panthers
28. Seahawks
29. Browns
30. Jets
31. Bucs
32. Bills

What's your thinking behind the Dolphins at #14 and the Seahawks at #28?

The Seahawks secondary is decimated, the defensive line is much different than it was and the O-Line still sucks. I see a huge drop off this year for them. They can draft all the RB's they want, but LT wasn't the only position of need on the O-Line for them and until they address all of the problem areas, Russell Wilson will still be running for his life and the running game will be shut down. They no longer have a dominant defense to carry them and the other teams in the division, particularly the Rams and Niners have gotten significantly better. As far as the Dolphins, their starting QB is returning, I liked what I saw from Kenyan Drake last season and I expect the defense to be good enough for them to go anywhere from 9-7 to 7-9 in a division they should easily finish 2nd, behind the Pats.

With the first full week of preseason games in the books having watched the first quarter of every game, this is my 2018 Early Preseason NFL Power Ranking...
  1. Eagles
  2. Vikings
  3. Jaguars
  4. Rams
  5. Patriots
  6. Steelers
  7. Saints
  8. Falcons
  9. Chargers
  10. Packers
  11. Lions
  12. Titans
  13. Panthers
  14. Cowboys
  15. Bengals
  16. 49ers
  17. Giants
  18. Raiders
  19. Texans
  20. Seahawks
  21. Bears
  22. Jets
  23. Redskins
  24. Ravens
  25. Chiefs
  26. Broncos
  27. Cards
  28. Browns
  29. Colts
  30. Dolphins 
  31. Bills
  32. Bucs

'02

Until the Patriots get knocked off I can't see a sensible way to not have them as #1 of the AFC teams at the very least. 8 straight seasons of 12+ win seasons.... EIGHT STRAIGHT! 17 straight seasons with a WINNING record! I mean... I am a Jags homer, but putting them ahead of the Pats just seems flat out silly. Got to knock them off first boys and girls and that opportunity first presents itself week 2.

(08-14-2018, 04:27 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Until the Patriots get knocked off I can't see a sensible way to not have them as #1 of the AFC teams at the very least. 8 straight seasons of 12+ win seasons.... EIGHT STRAIGHT! 17 straight seasons with a WINNING record! I mean... I am a Jags homer, but putting them ahead of the Pats just seems flat out silly. Got to knock them off first boys and girls and that opportunity first presents itself week 2.

The Jaguars nearly knocked them off in the AFCC, and since then the Patriots have lost more than they've gained while the Jaguars have clearly taken steps to improve. The Patriots looked out of sorts in their first preseason action coming out flat, and they have issues at a few spots including WR. They're also trying to plug in a career RT at the LT spot and expecting him to somehow block Ngakoue week two. I just don't see the Jaguars losing that game, and I have to rank teams on where I see them right now. What they did in the past is the past. 
'02

(08-15-2018, 12:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:27 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Until the Patriots get knocked off I can't see a sensible way to not have them as #1 of the AFC teams at the very least. 8 straight seasons of 12+ win seasons.... EIGHT STRAIGHT! 17 straight seasons with a WINNING record! I mean... I am a Jags homer, but putting them ahead of the Pats just seems flat out silly. Got to knock them off first boys and girls and that opportunity first presents itself week 2.

The Jaguars nearly knocked them off in the AFCC, and since then the Patriots have lost more than they've gained while the Jaguars have clearly taken steps to improve. The Patriots looked out of sorts in their first preseason action coming out flat, and they have issues at a few spots including WR. They're also trying to plug in a career RT at the LT spot and expecting him to somehow block Ngakoue week two. I just don't see the Jaguars losing that game, and I have to rank teams on where I see them right now. What they did in the past is the past. 

Under normal circumstances I would agree with your logic, but its been almost 20 years and logic just doesn't apply to the Patriots until Brady is done.

(08-15-2018, 11:38 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 12:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote: The Jaguars nearly knocked them off in the AFCC, and since then the Patriots have lost more than they've gained while the Jaguars have clearly taken steps to improve. The Patriots looked out of sorts in their first preseason action coming out flat, and they have issues at a few spots including WR. They're also trying to plug in a career RT at the LT spot and expecting him to somehow block Ngakoue week two. I just don't see the Jaguars losing that game, and I have to rank teams on where I see them right now. What they did in the past is the past. 

Under normal circumstances I would agree with your logic, but its been almost 20 years and logic just doesn't apply to the Patriots until Brady is done.

If we lose to those bastards again I'll eat crow and lower the Jaguars, but for now, I agree with nfl.com's current power ranking that the Jaguars are simply the better team.
'02

Jags will beat the Pats.

Jags are a good team, and they get to face the Pats early in the year.

Let's face it. The Patriots seem like a completely different team in Nov/Dec than they do in Sep/Oct.
They do this about every single year. They start out pretty good, yes. But then seem to really hit their stride and take it up a notch or two when the 2nd half of the season starts.

Jags got 'em.

(08-15-2018, 11:38 AM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 12:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote: The Jaguars nearly knocked them off in the AFCC, and since then the Patriots have lost more than they've gained while the Jaguars have clearly taken steps to improve. The Patriots looked out of sorts in their first preseason action coming out flat, and they have issues at a few spots including WR. They're also trying to plug in a career RT at the LT spot and expecting him to somehow block Ngakoue week two. I just don't see the Jaguars losing that game, and I have to rank teams on where I see them right now. What they did in the past is the past. 

This statement is 100% accurate. I endorse this message.

Watching all the preseason games for the third week changed my mind about a few teams.

This is my Late Preseason NFL Power Ranking...

1. Eagles
  2. Rams
  3. Packers
  4. Vikings
  5. Jaguars
  6. Patriots
  7. Steelers
  8. Saints
  9. Falcons
  10. Chargers
  11. Cowboys
  12. Bengals
  13. Panthers
  14. 49ers
  15. Raiders
  16. Lions
  17. Titans
  18. Seahawks
  19. Giants
  20. Broncos
  21. Jets
  22. Texans
  23. Chiefs
  24. Browns
  25. Ravens
  26. Bucs
  27. Redskins
  28. Bears
  29. Dolphins  
  30. Colts
  31. Cards
  32. Bills

'02

1. US

32. Them

1) Nuclear
2) Coal
3) Solar
4) Wind
5) Water
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Elliot Harrison dropped us from 2 to 6 in his Power Rankings based solely on Marqise Lee getting injured.
No pain, no gain.

(09-05-2018, 01:20 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Elliot Harrison dropped us from 2 to 6 in his Power Rankings based solely on Marqise Lee getting injured.

Lol