Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Best of Times

I'm posting this in the Political Talk forum because it was written on a political website, but it's a cheery look at life in the US from any perspective.

America's Future

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Any white Christian and/or upper class perspective.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(08-07-2018, 08:39 PM)Kotite Wrote: Any white Christian and/or upper class perspective.

Or anyone with a job for that matter.

I have a job. I cannot think of a more tumultuous and depressing time in my life. Try again.

I miss when you guys used to complain about how certain presidents spent money on themselves unwisely. This guy has been double dipping by visiting his own properties and having tax dollars pay HIS businesses in a clear violation of his post. If Trump has accomplished anything, he has neutered the right. If you allow all the crap he pulls and sit in silence, you have no voice to complain about what any president does moving forward.

(08-07-2018, 09:20 PM)Kotite Wrote: I miss when you guys used to complain about how certain presidents spent money on themselves unwisely. This guy has been double dipping by visiting his own properties and having tax dollars pay HIS businesses in a clear violation of his post. If Trump has accomplished anything, he has neutered the right. If you allow all the crap he pulls and sit in silence, you have no voice to complain about what any president does moving forward.

Trump donates his salary to The Park Service and the likes of

The FLOTUS has a staff of 4, unlike MANchelle had a staff of like 24

Any president gets protection whereever he goes, he's just not paying for lodging in another place like other Presidents

You're losing and Trump is winning that's what has got you all triggered........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(08-07-2018, 09:06 PM)Kotite Wrote: I have a job. I cannot think of a more tumultuous and depressing time in my life. Try again.

Bummer that you had to leave your parents basement and get a job. It must have been paradise when they provided food, shelter, and clothing, so I can understand why you're so depressed.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

All very 1984 in Trump land

(08-07-2018, 09:06 PM)Kotite Wrote: I have a job. I cannot think of a more tumultuous and depressing time in my life. Try again.

Lol, so you're what, 5 or so?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-07-2018, 09:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 09:20 PM)Kotite Wrote: I miss when you guys used to complain about how certain presidents spent money on themselves unwisely. This guy has been double dipping by visiting his own properties and having tax dollars pay HIS businesses in a clear violation of his post. If Trump has accomplished anything, he has neutered the right. If you allow all the crap he pulls and sit in silence, you have no voice to complain about what any president does moving forward.

Trump donates his salary to The Park Service and the likes of

Any president gets protection whereever he goes, he's just not paying for lodging in another place like other Presidents

You're losing and Trump is winning that's what has got you all triggered........

I think you missed his point.
The President's salary may be small compared to the profit that the owner of Trump Tower or Mar a Lago can get when the whole secret service has to rent out rooms in those buildings.  And who is the owner?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-07-2018, 11:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 09:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Trump donates his salary to The Park Service and the likes of

The President's salary may be small compared to the profit that the owner of Trump Tower or Mar a Lago can get when the whole secret service has to rent out rooms in those buildings.  And who is the owner?
It's an operational necessity no matter the quarters. The secret service wouldn't be renting rooms for everyone anyways. There is also an entire private wing available. Except for a small team, most would stay at nearby hotels. This is just someone trying to twist this into an ethical arguement that really isn't there. Mar-a-Lago Resort has been placed in a trust until the Presidents term is up. If ethics really is an issue, then what is the fix? If he lets government employees stay for free, it is another ethical dilema that is actually fineable and a jailable offense. Government employees cannot receive gifts above a certain dollar threshold. This isn't the first, nor the last time the Secret Service will be paying a White House official for the use of their property.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-07-2018, 11:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 09:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Trump donates his salary to The Park Service and the likes of

Look on the bright side. Trumps SS detail at Mar a Lago is substantially less than the ongoing tax payer funded Mueller probe.

I have a feeling that your current state of depression and sadness actually have zero to do with who is POTUS. If it is directly related to that please explain how that is. What happened so bad personally to you since he was elected? If you cannot state some actual evidence or facts as to why you are suffering because of Trump policies or mandates then you are clearly only suffering from TDS and luckily for you there are doctors willing to treat you. Since you claim you work you will be glad Trumps tax breaks saved you some money for the needed prescriptions they will write for you.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-08-2018, 12:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 11:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think you missed his point.

Look on the bright side. Trumps SS detail at Mar a Lago is substantially less than the ongoing tax payer funded Mueller probe.

The Mueller probe is probably more expensive than the security details at Mar a Lago and Trump Tower. But no one is profiting from the Mueller probe. The people on salary there are showing up to work and, you know, working.  There's no owner sitting back and collecting profits off of that effort.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.