Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roster Prediction Time

(08-29-2018, 10:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 06:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I see this as a possibility too, hence the mention of it, albeit slightly different than your suggestion. 
I just have a hunch they might roll with Herndon as he got lots of attention at his pro-day from a number of NFL teams. I have a feeling he'd not clear waivers to make the PS. 
The Harrison addition also makes it tougher to keep Wilson.  I like Wilson's contribution though. Tough call. 

If they part with one of Meeks or Herndon I feel its Meeks unless he turns the tide tomorrow in Tampa. 
They've both had some good PBUs this preseason.

What has Davis shown to make you think he deserves/earned a spot over Wilson, Meeks or Herndon?

I'd rather keep young guys with upside over somebody who was hit his peak and isn't anywhere close to even being average.
Not much, really.  Just keeps being referred to as a core special teamer by the talking heads and drew praise form Marrone in that role fairly recently.  Davis may be a toss up with Wilson for all I know, or he may be cut while the others make the squad. My list (especially at depth DB) is on gut feel.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-29-2018, 10:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 10:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote: What has Davis shown to make you think he deserves/earned a spot over Wilson, Meeks or Herndon?

I'd rather keep young guys with upside over somebody who was hit his peak and isn't anywhere close to even being average.
Not much, really.  Just keeps being referred to as a core special teamer by the talking heads and drew praise form Marrone in that role fairly recently.  Davis may be a toss up with Wilson for all I know, or he may be cut while the others make the squad. My list (especially at depth DB) is on gut feel.

Ok, that was my feeling as well. 

I haven't seen Davis do anything really. Maybe twice I've seen him do anything this entire preseason and that twice might be generous.

And the staff calling him a core Special Teams player surely doesn't instill any confidence, because our Special Teams haven't looked good this preseason at all. Our ST unit has looked, far and away like our worse unit.

OFFENSE (26)

QB: (2) Bortles, Kessler
RB  (4) Leonard, Yeldon, Grant, Wilds
FB (1) Bohannon
WR (5) Moncrief, Greene, Chark, Cole, Westbrook
TE (4) Sefarian-Jenkins, Koyack, O'Shaughnessy, Orndoff
C (2) Linder, Shatley
OG (4) Norwell, Cann, Adams, Poehls
OT (4) Robinson, Parnell, Richardson, Wells

DEFENSE (24)

DE (5) Campbell, Ngakoue, Bryan, Fowler, Dimick
DT (5) Jackson, Dareus, Jones, Siligia, Bennett or Ankou
LB (5) Smith, Mack, Jacobs, Brown, Deluca
CB (5) Ramsey, Bouye, Patmon, Hayden, Meeks
S (4) Church, Gibson, Harrison, Davis

PK (1) Lambo
P (1) Cooke
LS (1) Tinker

No comment on practice squad.

I do see Tre Herndon making the roster, but I'm fairly confident both Cody Davis and Jarrod Wilson make the roster over Meeks. Heck, if they could bring on one more DB I suspect they'd keep Myrick over Meeks too. Pencil Meeks in on the PS.
'02

(08-30-2018, 03:49 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: OFFENSE (26)

QB: (2) Bortles, Kessler
RB  (4) Leonard, Yeldon, Grant, Wilds
FB (1) Bohannon
WR (5) Moncrief, Greene, Chark, Cole, Westbrook
TE (4) Sefarian-Jenkins, Koyack, O'Shaughnessy, Orndoff
C (2) Linder, Shatley
OG (4) Norwell, Cann, Adams, Poehls
OT (4) Robinson, Parnell, Richardson, Wells

DEFENSE (24)

DE (5) Campbell, Ngakoue, Bryan, Fowler, Dimick
DT (5) Jackson, Dareus, Jones, Siligia, Bennett or Ankou
LB (5) Smith, Mack, Jacobs, Brown, Deluca
CB (5) Ramsey, Bouye, Patmon, Hayden, Meeks
S (4) Church, Gibson, Harrison, Davis

PK (1) Lambo
P (1) Cooke
LS (1) Tinker

No comment on practice squad.

Some interesting selections here. I kind of like the idea of keeping Wilds over Mickens, although I'm thinking Niles Paul still makes it over Orndoff because of his contract alone. As for Adams and Poehls, I really don't think so. For starters, it appears they view Chris Reed as their top backup interior OL so he takes one of those spots. As for the other spot, either they only go 9 OLs like NY was thinking, or maybe they bring in a waiver-wire pickup.

At the LB spot, I'm no longer so sure about Brown, and I don't see DeLuca making anything more than the PS if that. I'm thinking Matuapuaka or Payne make it instead. I can see only 5 LBs knowing McCray or even Fowler can play SLB in a clinch. If they keep a 6th LB, keep your eyes on Hungalu.

Speaking of McCray, I see he's missing as well. I'm thinking they keep only one backup NT between Abry Jones and Sealver Siliga, so McCray can take the other spot.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 06:21 PM by irontrooper83.)

Mickens, O'shaughnessy and McCray, Niles Paul aren't playing tonight, together with the starters and the others who are sure to be on the 53 according to Mike Kaye.

That means they should be on the 53 roster and are being kept out to avoid injuries.