Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roster Prediction Time

Wait a minute...
Did someone actually suggest cutting Moncrief?
LOL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here is my guess based on the rotations I saw at the game. Additionally, I paid close attention to the ST units and can almost guarantee Cody Davis, Niles Paul, Larentee McCray, James O’Shaughnessy and Donald Payne make the team for STs alone. I have Mickens making it as he was lined up on kickoffs as well as first team gunner.

QB - Bortles, Kessler
RB - Fournette, Yeldon, Grant
FB - Bohanon
WR - Lee, Westbrook, Mickens
WR - Moncrief/Cole, Chark
TE - ASJ, O’Shaughnessy, Paul, Koyack
LT - Robinson, Wells
LG - Norwell, Shatley
C - Linder, Reed
RG - Cann
RT - Parnell, Richardson

DE - Ngakoue, Fowler, McCray
DT - Jackson, Bryan, Bennett
NT - Dareus, Jones
DE - Campbell, Smoot
WLB - Smith, Brown
MLB - Jack, Payne
SLB - Jacobs
CB - Ramsey, Hayden, Myrick
CB - Bouye, Patmon
FS - Gipson, Davis
SS - Church, Harrison, Carey

K - Lambo
P - Cooke
LS - Tinker

Practice Squad
Brandon Wilds
Allen Lazard
Tony Adams
Scott Orndoff
Carroll Phillips
Hunter Dimick
Andrew Motuapuaka
Eli Ankou
Quenton Meeks
Tre Herndon

Fowler is a nutcase. And really needing to be traded may do the team some good or a lot of good.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 04:08 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(08-10-2018, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wait a minute...
LOL

Yup. He's nothing special. We've got young WRs itching to showcase their talent. Too much mark up on the going sticker rate of WRs. (a dime a dozen)

Hate to break the bad news to ya, but it's 1999 all over again. It's now or never. After this season, the Jaguars are scheduled to be dismantled.

I never insisted the team spend to the cap cuz I'm old enough to have learned the lesson you don't splurge. You draft the best talent possible and keep drafting the best talent possible.

No way I let Moncrief come in here and underachieve to the level of third WR. That's an insult to the BETTER players making about HALF of what David Caldwell agreed to pay for a third WR.

(08-11-2018, 03:59 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
LOL

Yup. He's nothing special. We've got young WRs itching to showcase their talent. Too much mark up on the going sticker rate of WRs. (a dime a dozen)

Hate to break the bad news to ya, but it's 1999 all over again. It's now or never. After this season, the Jaguars are scheduled to be dismantled.

I never insisted the team spend to the cap cuz I'm old enough to have learned the lesson you don't splurge. You draft the best talent possible and keep drafting the best talent possible.

No way I let Moncrief come in here and underachieve to the level of third WR. That's an insult to the BETTER players making about HALF of what David Caldwell agreed to pay for a third WR.
Not a chance Moncrief is cut so you might as well get over it now.

Jags dismantled after this year? So Ramsey, Bouye, Yan, Jack, Telvin, Bryan, Fournette, Westbrook, Chark, Bortles, Linder, Robinson, Norwell, Cole and Harrison are all leaving?

(08-11-2018, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 03:59 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Yup. He's nothing special. We've got young WRs itching to showcase their talent. Too much mark up on the going sticker rate of WRs. (a dime a dozen)

Not a chance Moncrief is cut so you might as well get over it now.

Jags dismantled after this year? So Ramsey, Bouye, Yan, Jack, Telvin, Bryan, Fournette, Westbrook, Chark, Bortles, Linder, Robinson, Norwell, Cole and Harrison are all leaving?

His visceral hatred of Shad Khan defies logic.

I'm just going to steal your guess, and make a few minor changes:

OFFENSE: 25

QB: Blake Bortles, Cody Kessler
RB: Leonard Fournette, Corey Grant, TJ Yeldon
FB: Tommy Bohanon
WR1: Keelan Cole, Dante Moncrief
WR2: Marqise Lee, DJ Chark
WR3: Dante Westbrook, Rashad Greene
TE1: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Niles Paul
TE2: Ben Koyack, James O'Shaughnessy
LT: Cam Robinson, Josh Wells
LG: Andrew Norwell
OC: Brandon Linder, Tyler Shatley
RG: AJ Cann, Josh Walker
RT: Jermey Parnell, Will Richardson

DEFENSE (25)
RDE: Yannick Ngakoue, Dante Fowler, Larentee McCray
DT: Malik Jackson, Michael Bennett
NT: Marcell Dareus, Abry Jones
LDE: Calais Campbell, Taven Bryan, Dawuane Smoot
WLB: Telvin Smith, Blair Brown
MLB: Myles Jack, Donald Payne
SLB: Leon Jacobs
CB1: Jalen Ramsey, Tre Herndon
CB2: AJ Bouye, Tyler Patmon
CB3: DJ Hayden
FS: Tashaun Gipson, Jarrod Wilson, Cody Davis
SS: Barry Church, Ronnie Harrison

SPECIAL TEAMS: 3
K: Josh Lambo
P/H: Logan Cooke
LS: Carson Tinker

(08-11-2018, 03:59 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
LOL

That’s not breaking bad news. 

That’s an admission of psychosis. 

I’d wager Moncrief racks up at least 800 yds receiving and 6 TDS this year and the Jags don’t lose a wink of sleep over his inflated paycheck.

(08-11-2018, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 03:59 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Yup. He's nothing special. We've got young WRs itching to showcase their talent. Too much mark up on the going sticker rate of WRs. (a dime a dozen)

That’s not breaking bad news. 

I’d wager Moncrief racks up at least 800 yds receiving and 6 TDS this year and the Jags don’t lose a wink of sleep over his inflated paycheck.

You do realize that Moncrief's best NFL season ever was back in 2015, when he had 733 yards receiving? He was also in a pass happy offense with at very good QB. I just don't see any way he reaches 800 yards here, when we have talented young guys like Cole and Westbrook as well as a veteran like Lee and a great young rookie that we spent a high pick on in Chark and we're in a run based offense. I'd expect more like 500-600 yards receiving from Moncrief as a role player.

(08-11-2018, 03:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That’s not breaking bad news. 

You do realize that Moncrief's best NFL season ever was back in 2015, when he had 733 yards receiving? He was also in a pass happy offense with at very good QB. I just don't see any way he reaches 800 yards here, when we have talented young guys like Cole and Westbrook as well as a veteran like Lee and a great young rookie that we spent a high pick on in Chark and we're in a run based offense. I'd expect more like 500-600 yards receiving from Moncrief as a role player.

Luck played in 7 games in 2015 and the clots finished 22nd in passing offense.  The only time Moncrief even played a full season with Luck was his rookie year.

(08-10-2018, 04:57 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 04:48 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Moncrief is meh. He was brought in to compete at the highest possible level. Where is he? Certainly not a one or two guy at all. To me he's a dog in the manger - holding back several players, who aren't receiving the reps they need to shine.

Fowler simply isn't a Coughlin guy. There was the beating he gave the wife of his child by proxy. That's unacceptable. Then what do you know? He goes meat-head and sends a guy's groceries flying. Now look. Personal conduct spilled onto the playing field. One game was NOT enough. He was unfairly and inappropriately protected in that attack on his child's mother. I'll take Smoot over that puke any day of the week, especially since he doesn't seem to conduct himself in such a way to protect his availability for work on Sundays.

BTW, I tried to correct the original post before I received a reply. So the version in your initial reply doesn't reflect the few changes I made.

Agree on Moncrief, I thought he was overpaid and is too injury prone, and has never really produced enough to warrant a 10 million dollar fully guaranteed 1 year deal.

As for Fowler .. LOL kick rocks dude. "the beating he gave the mother of his child by proxy". He knocked up a girl... they're no longer together but he's in the child's life, so the baby momma follows him home and trys to start a fight with his current girlfriend. If they have bad blood and are looking to fight, there's little that's going to stop it, either than can get a few swings in and then Dante steps in to stop it from getting out of hand; or she comes and finds the other girl when he's not around to step in and it gets realllll ugly. He did not put his hand on a woman, he did not inflict violence upon either woman. He is not responsible for their actions; "by proxy" you are ridiculous. To say he should be suspended for that is as asinine as it is ignorant. Now the throwing of the groceries and liquor in the lake for having his driving criticized? Yea that's a justified one game suspension, but anymore than that is gratuitous. Fowler is immature that's for sure, but he's what 22? he'll learn to compose himself and be a pro.. or he'll quickly find himself out of the league. He's a fantastic player on the field when he doesn't make boneheaded penalties and shows a lot of potential, I'd take him over Smoot based on talent any day. I don't want a team of choir boys like the gene smith era. I want someone who plays nasty and physical. Were you the guy who had his groceries thrown in the lake? because it seems like you have a personal issue against Fowler to detest him this much lmao.

Just despicable that someone makes accusations against a guy regarding domestic violence without a shred of ........anything.  

Awful

(08-11-2018, 03:41 PM)empty Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 03:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You do realize that Moncrief's best NFL season ever was back in 2015, when he had 733 yards receiving? He was also in a pass happy offense with at very good QB. I just don't see any way he reaches 800 yards here, when we have talented young guys like Cole and Westbrook as well as a veteran like Lee and a great young rookie that we spent a high pick on in Chark and we're in a run based offense. I'd expect more like 500-600 yards receiving from Moncrief as a role player.

Luck played in 7 games in 2015 and the clots finished 22nd in passing offense.  The only time Moncrief even played a full season with Luck was his rookie year.

Exactly. The guy is the "Sam Bradford" of the WR position. He's always hurt. What makes you think he can stay healthy an entire season, when it's been so hard for him to do it in the past?

(08-11-2018, 04:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 03:41 PM)empty Wrote: Luck played in 7 games in 2015 and the clots finished 22nd in passing offense.  The only time Moncrief even played a full season with Luck was his rookie year.

Exactly. The guy is the "Sam Bradford" of the WR position. He's always hurt. What makes you think he can stay healthy an entire season, when it's been so hard for him to do it in the past?

I agree he's struggled a bit with injuries the past 2 years, but that wasn't what you said.  The way you phrased the first part of your response implied that he's hasn't produced despite being with a very good QB on a pass happy offense.  I was just pointing out that neither of those were true in Moncrief's case.  The fact is, when he was on the field with Luck he was a very productive WR.  He's played in 16 games twice, 12 games last year and 9 the year before.  It wouldn't be a surprise to see him play in 13-16 games next year, which would make 800 yards do-able for him.

For the record, I wouldn't be surprised at all if no one really shines above anyone else in this receiving corps.  I could see us having 5-6 guys all in that 500-900 yard range.  There's a lot of good talent, so with injuries and a heavy rotation I could see a fairly equal split among everyone.

Herndon cost himself a spot with his play. He was getting picked on big time and every throw seemed to be a catch.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(08-11-2018, 03:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That’s not breaking bad news. 

I don’t define players by their past alone. 

I see Moncrief as ascending right now with a big opportunity to define his future by performing this season. 

I think he will capitalize.

(08-11-2018, 06:39 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Herndon cost himself a spot with his play. He was getting picked on big time and every throw seemed to be a catch.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I agree he looked like a rookie playing his first game, however, the team is so high on him that I still got him making the roster. We'll have to keep a close eye on him.
'02

(08-11-2018, 06:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 03:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You do realize that Moncrief's best NFL season ever was back in 2015, when he had 733 yards receiving? He was also in a pass happy offense with at very good QB. I just don't see any way he reaches 800 yards here, when we have talented young guys like Cole and Westbrook as well as a veteran like Lee and a great young rookie that we spent a high pick on in Chark and we're in a run based offense. I'd expect more like 500-600 yards receiving from Moncrief as a role player.
I don’t define players by their past alone. 

I see Moncrief as ascending right now with a big opportunity to define his future by performing this season. 

There's a big article just out that states Moncrief is just fine not earning the number one WR roster spot. We expect him to ALREADY have checked starting WR. We aren't gonna keep him if he doesn't step up and prove he deserves more.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 01:12 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(08-11-2018, 05:46 PM)empty Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 04:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Exactly. The guy is the "Sam Bradford" of the WR position. He's always hurt. What makes you think he can stay healthy an entire season, when it's been so hard for him to do it in the past?

I agree he's struggled a bit with injuries the past 2 years, but that wasn't what you said.  The way you phrased the first part of your response implied that he's hasn't produced despite being with a very good QB on a pass happy offense.  I was just pointing out that neither of those were true in Moncrief's case.  The fact is, when he was on the field with Luck he was a very productive WR.  He's played in 16 games twice, 12 games last year and 9 the year before.  It wouldn't be a surprise to see him play in 13-16 games next year, which would make 800 yards do-able for him.

For the record, I wouldn't be surprised at all if no one really shines above anyone else in this receiving corps.  I could see us having 5-6 guys all in that 500-900 yard range.  There's a lot of good talent, so with injuries and a heavy rotation I could see a fairly equal split among everyone.

That a pretty broad margin! You might also use the "it's early in training camp and the younger players are granted the most amount of game time" projection. That is not suitable relating to the fact that the Jaguars reportedly "did not have a number one or number two WR all last season". It is expected that a top dollar contract signed secures a player that you did NOT have prior to function expertly as a number one WR.

You can generate lots and lots of animosity forcing a player to focus on something other than the fact that he's starting WR while a guy at the same position is raking in three to four times as much salary without having to play.

That ship ain't right.

(08-12-2018, 12:48 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 06:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don’t define players by their past alone. 

There's a big article just out that states Moncrief is just fine not earning the number one WR roster spot. We expect him to ALREADY have checked starting WR. We aren't gonna keep him if he doesn't step up and prove...
How many US dollars would you like to bet that Moncrief plays 15+ snaps in week one for the Jags?

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 08:49 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(08-12-2018, 09:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 12:48 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: There's a big article just out that states Moncrief is just fine not earning the number one WR roster spot. We expect him to ALREADY have checked starting WR. We aren't gonna keep him if he doesn't step up and prove...
How many US dollars would you like to bet that Moncrief plays 15+ snaps in week one for the Jags?

Not doubting Keenan's ability. At the same time, not blaming McCardell either for what he has to work with in Moncrief. His stats cry injury guy. He has a single decent season coming up on THREE years ago (64 catches for 733 yds). 

30 and 32 catches per season the past two seasons indicates the Colts needed him to be more than a third rounder slot guy and he wasn't able to stay healthy to boot.

BTW, Luck was around for the full 2016 season. The Colts finished 8-8. Don't try to suggest that if Moncrief has stayed healthy it would have made a difference.

The fact is while the Colts believed they got a third round steal in Moncrief, in reality, the rest of the NFL was right for taking a pass on him.