Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD better than Fred Taylor?

What do you guys think? Not even close,pretty close or even?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 03:04 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Not even close.

Taylor missed 55 career games and still wound of 15th all time when he retired.

Taylor's best game - 234 yards vs Pit.

MJD's best game - 177 vs Titans.

Taylor rushed for 11,695 yards with a 4.6 yard average. And scored 66 TDs.

MJD rushed for 8,167 yards with a 4.4 yard average. And score 68 TDs.

Taylor also ran for 100 yards in 8 straight games. Only Barry Sanders can top that with 9 straight 100 yard games.

Taylor was faster in the 40. He was bigger. He also holds the record for most yards in a playoff game in a half. And I believe he has the longest run.

It's not even a debate. Fred Taylor is the best RB this team will ever have. MJD is in a far distant 2nd place.

Quote:What do you guys think? Not even close,pretty close or even?
No, not close. MJD was great. Fred is an all timer.

Guess this account is the one now? Rip HR86 2010-2017.

Some people just come up with dumb stuff. That's a dumb question

Worst thread ever

No. Not close.

It's like laughing at that chicken leg, broken bum, when you have a poor man's Jake Cutler in the yard. Laughable indeed.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:No. Not close.

It's like laughing at that chicken leg, broken bum, when you have a poor man's Jake Cutler in the yard. Laughable indeed.

Huh?

Huh, indeed. He who has ears shall hear.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

FRED EX! and quit hating on the OP. kids....

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Taylor was a unique specimen with his size, speed, and elusiveness.  MJD was good.  Fred was a great running back despite the injuries.  It's honestly not even close.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

No, not even debatable.

What would improve this thread is if we project and ask will Fournette be better....   hahahaha sarcasm

I have had it with winning the offseason and endless debate about the roster.  I'm a tad disappointed that we are back to needs drafting.  I like the blend of needs/value we have seen recently.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 11:27 AM by JagsorDie.)

I have to say no. Although i will say they both played in two different eras for this franchise so i think the answer is a little more complicated than "one is better than the other."

MJD was a monster with a Chip on his shoulders that he never seemed to get rid of, even towards the end of his career. While fred was a guy who was taken high, kept his head down(as far as media attention), had a hell of tenure in jax. 

Funny story, i saw fred at a bar at a hotel while he was in town to do some announcing work 2 years ago. i didnt say anything at first cause the bar was pretty empty and everyone was kind of minding thier own. then a british couple, that had no idea who he was, sat down next to him and started talking to him about typical junk and stuff. I couldn't help but over here the conversation, then they started talking about what they do for a living and they asked fred what he was doing in town and what he did. He told him we was here to do a radio show appearance for the Jaguars. The conversation sort of steered away from that until a server came up and asked for a picture with Fred. The people sort of realized he was something more than just a radio host so they started asking him how he became affiliated with the jaguars. He casually said that he used to play for them back in the day. They got a little excited and asked if he knew Mark Brunell, and he Casually said he played a few years with him. They went on to ask how long he was with the team and he said about from 99 to 08. He then steered the conversation back to what the people were in town for and asked them how their kids were doing in college back in england and stuff, but seemed genuinely interested.

It sort of shocked me because here you have fred taylor, a top 20 running back of all time and the jaguars greatest RB, literally say nothing about his career or who he was other than he played with mark Brunell. once they left i bought him a drink and we talked about his son and tons of football stuff which he was more than happy to sit a chat about, but then he started talking about me in college at the time and playing soccer and even joked about being a FSU fan and hating UF for a while. I kept thinking "why the hell am i talking to fred tayor about me?" but he would keep asking question and steering the conversation away from himself. I went away from it with a whole new respect for that man. he is one of the most genuinly humble people i've met. you never get this impression that you are talking to a famous guy at all. Ive met quite a players because of my fathers line of work. some cool, some not. But never one quite like that guy. 

Taylor benefited tremendously by running behind a great offensive line and a potent passing offense.

MJD pretty much accomplished everything on his own.

MJD > Fred Taylor

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2017, 12:18 PM by RonSwanson.)

not close

Fred was miles beyond MJD.  

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

Quote:Taylor benefited tremendously by running behind a great offensive line and a potent passing offense.

MJD pretty much accomplished everything on his own.

MJD > Fred Taylor
The offensive line and passing attack benefited from Fred Taylor too. Freddy T > MJD

Quote:The offensive line and passing attack benefited from Fred Taylor too. Freddy T > MJD

You aren't kidding.  When you look at the highlights it is crazy that a guy that big could do what he did.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Does it really even matter?

For the record, one was good while the other was great.

Boy the board has been infected with no brain cell activity lately.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.