Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all..

You guys duke it out for second already.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-12-2018, 12:02 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 11:55 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: Most Titans fans view Vrabel as an unknown but are excited about the coaching staff as a whole. Your talking points are dumb af because Vrabel isn’t a lb coach, nor is he a dc any longer.

Nonetheless, why the need to post this thread now?

Lol, so you think another step up in responsibility is going to produce positive results.  Laughing

What is "dumb af" here is you acting like I'm somehow butthurt after we just moved on from literally the worst defensive coordinator in the NFL.. again, You're avoiding that like the plague.

Be prepared to give up north of 25 ppg this season.

It’s dumb because neither really have a lot to do with the job he’s doing now. And he has some great coaches working underneath him. Like I already said, I view Vrabel as an unknown. The thread title let’s us know where you stand. Your overreaction to the fourth quarter of a week one preseason game is what makes you look butthurt.

(08-12-2018, 12:03 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 11:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Well, this is the "division" part of the forum where you can discuss, you know, the division and teams within it.

I'm not seeing this butthurt you're talking about. In fact, there have been a few in this part of the forum trying to bring you tack buddy out of the clouds and talk reality before the first game of the preseason was played. Yes, it is preseason but alot of the issues that were predicted to occur are popping up. The tacks are still looking for a consistent secondary, some receivers to start catching the ball, and a QB that can start going through progressions and throwing at the receivers numbers before going back to the first instinct of tuck and run. The defense as a whole has been able to play with some obvious weaknesses but as TurndownforWatt proposes, Vrabel and his system may actually compound those weaknesses and cause some serious issues. It'll take a few more games to know for sure how much your team will or will not suffer growing pains on both sides of the ball. Looking shakey at the moment.

And Mariota was the only QB in the AFC South to throw a TD pass despite his three top targets sidelined. And the defense played well overall despite missing several guys there as well. And it was still just a preseason game. Other than Butler getting abused by Adams with a double move out of press coverage on one play, I didn’t really see shaky so much.

Lol, Watson had 1 single pass attempt. Using your backwards logic Brandon Weedon is > than Marcus Mariota.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 12:14 AM by Psychop1.)

(08-12-2018, 12:11 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 12:03 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: And Mariota was the only QB in the AFC South to throw a TD pass despite his three top targets sidelined. And the defense played well overall despite missing several guys there as well. And it was still just a preseason game. Other than Butler getting abused by Adams with a double move out of press coverage on one play, I didn’t really see shaky so much.

Lol, Watson had 1 single pass attempt. Using your backwards logic Brandon Weedon is > than Marcus Mariota.

lol That was my point. I’m not the one overreacting about a preseason game

(08-12-2018, 12:05 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: You guys duke it out for second already.

Nope. You’re team’s burger flippers got blown up in the 4th quarter too. Your team is going to suck too.

(08-12-2018, 12:09 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 12:02 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Lol, so you think another step up in responsibility is going to produce positive results.  Laughing

What is "dumb af" here is you acting like I'm somehow butthurt after we just moved on from literally the worst defensive coordinator in the NFL.. again, You're avoiding that like the plague.

Be prepared to give up north of 25 ppg this season.

It’s dumb because neither really have a lot to do with the job he’s doing now. And he has some great coaches working underneath him. Like I already said, I view Vrabel as an unknown. The thread title let’s us know where you stand. Your overreaction to the fourth quarter of a week one preseason game is what makes you look butthurt.

My reaction has been due to the job that he did here, always has been..

Seriously though, what made the Titans say "That's our guy"..what was it based on?  If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure opposing fans would be questioning our hire as well.

(08-12-2018, 12:15 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 12:09 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: It’s dumb because neither really have a lot to do with the job he’s doing now. And he has some great coaches working underneath him. Like I already said, I view Vrabel as an unknown. The thread title let’s us know where you stand. Your overreaction to the fourth quarter of a week one preseason game is what makes you look butthurt.

My reaction has been due to the job that he did here, always has been..

Seriously though, what made the Titans say "That's our guy"..what was it based on?  If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure opposing fans would be questioning our hire as well.

Ah, well I guess you meant to make this thread back in January but forgot

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 12:22 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-12-2018, 12:13 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 12:11 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Lol, Watson had 1 single pass attempt. Using your backwards logic Brandon Weedon is > than Marcus Mariota.

lol That was my point. I’m not the one overreacting about a preseason game

(08-12-2018, 12:05 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: You guys duke it out for second already.

Nope. You’re team’s burger flippers got blown up in the 4th quarter too. Your team is going to suck too.

Again..this thread wasn't started off of one preseason game, there is literally nothing on Vrabel's resume that warrants a head coaching job in the NFL.. Hires like this have to make coaches like Mike Zimmer sick to his stomach that it took him that long to get a HC shot in this league. He had to pay dues on top of dues..Vrabel hasn't paid any whatsoever.

From the OP: “how many points did Vrabel's defense give up last night?”

(08-12-2018, 12:20 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 12:15 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: My reaction has been due to the job that he did here, always has been..

Ah, well I guess you meant to make this thread back in January but forgot

I didn't create a thread, but I did post on this subject...so, there's that.

Good ole CB doing the ole CB squirm. Makes me feel nostalgic.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 12:27 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-12-2018, 12:22 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: From the OP: “how many points did Vrabel's defense give up last night?”

Well that was just more proof to my original criticism.

(08-12-2018, 12:24 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: Good ole CB doing the ole CB squirm. Makes me feel nostalgic.

And what squirm is that, I've posted statistical facts..which you've squirmed every single one. I'm not the one squirming here, just saying.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 12:35 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

Lol, finally this forum has some real smack talk, it's healthy, and that does remind me of the good old days.. Smile Because we all know, this section has been dead for awhile.

(08-12-2018, 12:31 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Lol, finally this forum has some real smack talk, it's healthy, and that does remind me of the good old days.. Smile Because we all know, this section has been dead for awhile.

Yep, nothing like the hope of the preseason to bring the opposing fans out. In a couple of months it'll be dead in here again when the tacks are several games under .500 and the texans are talking about next year again with Watson injured and Watt still not being what he was years ago.

(08-11-2018, 06:21 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: This thread reeks of butthurt

Funny because I feel the same way about the picture in your signature.You know, the one from the game where we had the division locked up before the game even started?

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 08:44 AM by Psychop1.)

(08-12-2018, 07:58 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 06:21 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: This thread reeks of butthurt

Funny because I feel the same way about the picture in your signature.You know, the one from the game where we had the division locked up before the game even started?

You guys are lucky the Patriots beat the Titans. It would have been 1999 in here all over again. Isn’t it bad enough you guys got swept?

(08-12-2018, 08:44 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 07:58 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: Funny because I feel the same way about the picture in your signature.You know, the one from the game where we had the division locked up before the game even started?

You guys are lucky the Patriots beat the Titans. It would have been 1999 in here all over again. Isn’t it bad enough you guys got swept?

"The titans won two games that ended up not meaning anything at all, bow down, losers!"

(08-12-2018, 12:03 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 11:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Well, this is the "division" part of the forum where you can discuss, you know, the division and teams within it.

I'm not seeing this butthurt you're talking about. In fact, there have been a few in this part of the forum trying to bring you tack buddy out of the clouds and talk reality before the first game of the preseason was played. Yes, it is preseason but alot of the issues that were predicted to occur are popping up. The tacks are still looking for a consistent secondary, some receivers to start catching the ball, and a QB that can start going through progressions and throwing at the receivers numbers before going back to the first instinct of tuck and run. The defense as a whole has been able to play with some obvious weaknesses but as TurndownforWatt proposes, Vrabel and his system may actually compound those weaknesses and cause some serious issues. It'll take a few more games to know for sure how much your team will or will not suffer growing pains on both sides of the ball. Looking shakey at the moment.

And Mariota was the only QB in the AFC South to throw a TD pass despite his three top targets sidelined. And the defense played well overall despite missing several guys there as well. And it was still just a preseason game. Other than Butler getting abused by Adams with a double move out of press coverage on one play, I didn’t really see shaky so much.
Not sure I’d be blowing the horn of passing achievement over a couple 5-yard throws with blown coverage. However, I do like the more balanced play calling. The thing I’d be concerned about, as a tacks fan, is the heavy emphasis on quick game plays. I get that Mariota grew up in that type of offense but by NFL standards it’s so 10 years ago. It’ll be interesting to see how or if the offense matures beyong short slants, picks, bubble screens, etc.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-12-2018, 08:44 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 07:58 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: Funny because I feel the same way about the picture in your signature.You know, the one from the game where we had the division locked up before the game even started?

You guys should hang a banner in that stadium to commemorate the year you swept the Jags after a decade of matchups!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 12:22 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-12-2018, 06:13 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 12:31 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Lol, finally this forum has some real smack talk, it's healthy, and that does remind me of the good old days.. Smile Because we all know, this section has been dead for awhile.

Yep, nothing like the hope of the preseason to bring the opposing fans out. In a couple of months it'll be dead in here again when the tacks are several games under .500 and the texans are talking about next year again with Watson injured and Watt still not being what he was years ago.

We don't need Watt to be what he was..we have already had the best defense without him.. and why would you wish injury on players? That's sick. Seriously, I hope Karma smacks you.

(08-12-2018, 12:18 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 06:13 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Yep, nothing like the hope of the preseason to bring the opposing fans out. In a couple of months it'll be dead in here again when the tacks are several games under .500 and the texans are talking about next year again with Watson injured and Watt still not being what he was years ago.

We don't need Watt to be what he was..we have already had the best defense without him.. and why would you wish injury on players? That's sick. Seriously, I hope Karma smacks you.

Considering the level of dirty play from the texans over the years there's likely still more bad karma coming for your guys.