Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all..

(08-12-2018, 11:17 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 06:34 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: By the way, Hopkins numbers are ahead of Andre Johnson who will be a HOFer one day.. so I can compare him to Irvin, wake me up when Chark puts actual NFL pelts on his wall as being arguably the best in the game.
Rolleyes
Hopkins production speaks for its self. Could have just stopped there, but you went full [BLEEP] bringing the ‘rookie’ Chark into the fold. Dude hasn’t even played a regular season snap.

I'm not the one who brought Chark into the fold..JaguarKick did, I simply responded to his post. Admittedly stupidly responded, because that guy hasn't done crap in this league yet. His measurables are off the charts though, so we'll see. LSU receivers do have a knack for busting out in the NFL after spending a college career with crappy QB play. He's a intriguing prospect.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-12-2018, 06:25 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 05:13 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Comparing Hopkins to Irvin?  Yeah, you're no homer, lol.

By the way I hear Chark is basically Jerry Rice.

Have you even looked at their numbers.. and I compared playing style.

Wake me up when Chark leads the NFL in TD receptions..with crappy QB play, then we'll have this discussion. There's a difference between being a homer and straight hating..and I'm sorry, but you're hating with this post.

BTW, if you actually took the time to pull up their numbers before submitting this stupid post, you'd realize that Hopkins has over 1,500 more receiving yards than Irvin, 9 more TDs than Irvin, and has 164 more receptions without playing with a HOF QB or even a legit starting NFL QB during the same point in their career, (and Hopkins is a year younger) So you're right, I shouldn't compare the two. Hopkins has been better by a wide margin.

Couple things:

1) You do recognize sarcasm when you see it, right?  I wasn't seriously suggesting Chark was Rice, just like you shouldn't be seriously suggesting Hopkins is close to Irvin.

2) Hopkins cannot hold Irvin's jock, my man.  The two eras of football are completely different.  You could actually mug receivers in Irvin's day.  DeAndre "Push Off" Hopkins literally shoves every defender who guards him every play with only about 1/3 of them ever getting called.  If DBs had free reign to tee off on Hopkins, he'd be a nobody.

(08-12-2018, 11:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 06:19 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: If it were Robiskie, it would have been three runs up the middle and a punt.

I choose to assume you didn’t watch the game because the less polite option would be that you are stupid, and I prefer not to assume that.

Mariota threw three passes. The 1st pass went for 38 yards. The 2nd was a fade from the 4yd line, and we got to watch Taywan Taylor trip and fall over his own imagination. The 3rd was a TD pass from the 4yd line on a legal pick.

So how do you justify your drivel?
So who has hopped on the butthurt train now? Good thing Mary only went 2/3. Rapidly approaching that tack fan finger countin’ limitation! 

Thanks for the recap. I saw the same 5-ish yard throws you did. There’s always Gabbert.

Gabbert was awful. Everytime he tried to throw down the field, he overthrew his receiver.

Up to four pages now of 'told you so' vs 'nuh uh'.

(08-13-2018, 07:11 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Up to four pages now of 'told you so' vs 'nuh uh'.

Yep. The things the texans fan will try to make himself feel better about his crappy team.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(08-13-2018, 12:52 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 06:25 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Have you even looked at their numbers.. and I compared playing style.

Wake me up when Chark leads the NFL in TD receptions..with crappy QB play, then we'll have this discussion. There's a difference between being a homer and straight hating..and I'm sorry, but you're hating with this post.

BTW, if you actually took the time to pull up their numbers before submitting this stupid post, you'd realize that Hopkins has over 1,500 more receiving yards than Irvin, 9 more TDs than Irvin, and has 164 more receptions without playing with a HOF QB or even a legit starting NFL QB during the same point in their career, (and Hopkins is a year younger) So you're right, I shouldn't compare the two. Hopkins has been better by a wide margin.

Couple things:

1) You do recognize sarcasm when you see it, right?  I wasn't seriously suggesting Chark was Rice, just like you shouldn't be seriously suggesting Hopkins is close to Irvin.

2) Hopkins cannot hold Irvin's jock, my man.  The two eras of football are completely different.  You could actually mug receivers in Irvin's day.  DeAndre "Push Off" Hopkins literally shoves every defender who guards him every play with only about 1/3 of them ever getting called.  If DBs had free reign to tee off on Hopkins, he'd be a nobody.
Lol. Hopkins is a top 5 WR in the game, quit hating. I'd do anything to have a WR of his quality on our team.

(08-13-2018, 07:11 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Up to four pages now of 'told you so' vs 'nuh uh'.

So now I'm responsible for people's posts now.. I've posted about other things in this thread as well.

P.S. your stupid post and the one below yours have done nothing, but add to the length of the same thread you're criticizing..what sense does that make?
Big Grin

(08-13-2018, 12:52 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 06:25 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Have you even looked at their numbers.. and I compared playing style.

Couple things:

I'm seriously starting to doubt that you ever even watched Michael Irvin play at all in the NFL. Irvin did what you just described his entire freaking career.. Hence the comparison.

And Hopkins could've played in any NFL era..Like Irvin Hopkins is a physical player, doesn't have top end break away speed, and has to make contested catches on the regular.. He makes up for it with his exceptional route running/foot work on the sidelines and arguably the best hands in the NFL, where he snags one handed catches on almost a weekly basis with his unnatural 10" meat hooks for hands.

Also again, NFL eras or not..Hopkins has grossly out produced Irvin with journey man/busts at QBs.. imagine if he had a HOF QB his entire career. Hopefully Watson finally brings stability to that position. Hell even Andre Johnson had Matt Schaub for some good years.

Seriously, this is good stuff, a legitimate 2-popcorn thread IMO.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(08-13-2018, 04:33 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:

So now I'm responsible for people's posts now.. I've posted about other things in this thread as well.

P.S. your stupid post and the one below yours have done nothing, but add to the length of the same thread you're criticizing..what sense does that make?
Big Grin

We get it watt. You are boasting because your team stands atop the meaningless preseason standings. Congratulations.

Superbowl?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-13-2018, 07:39 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 04:33 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: So now I'm responsible for people's posts now.. I've posted about other things in this thread as well.

Big Grin

We get it watt. You are boasting because your team stands atop the meaningless preseason standings. Congratulations.

Actually I didn't say any of that...please point out where I did..

Also you're the one who's been running around here in literally every football forum telling everyone how your team should've won the division and how your team is Superbowl bound since the hire of Vrabel so this post is really rich coming from you.
Laughing

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2018, 02:07 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(08-13-2018, 10:50 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 07:39 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: We get it watt. You are boasting because your team stands atop the meaningless preseason standings. Congratulations.

Actually I didn't say any of that...please point out where I did..

Also you're the one who's been running around here in literally every football forum telling everyone how your team should've won the division and how your team is Superbowl bound since the hire of Vrabel so this post is really rich coming from you.
Laughing

Literally every football forum... exaggerate much?
And come on watt.. i say superbowl bound on the titans threads that are started on here as a joke. You really think that i think kenny vaccaro makes the titans super bowl favorites? Whatever man

(08-14-2018, 02:00 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 10:50 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Actually I didn't say any of that...please point out where I did..

Laughing

Literally every football forum... exaggerate much?
And come on watt.. i say superbowl bound on the titans threads that are started on here as a joke. You really think that i think kenny vaccaro makes the titans super bowl favorites?  Whatever man

Yes, given your post history, I really do think that.  Smile

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/th...6?amp=true
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(08-14-2018, 02:45 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 02:00 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Literally every football forum... exaggerate much?
And come on watt.. i say superbowl bound on the titans threads that are started on here as a joke. You really think that i think kenny vaccaro makes the titans super bowl favorites?  Whatever man

Yes, given your post history, I really do think that.  Smile

That can’t be just a running joke with Titans fans alone. Everytime the Titans sign some scrub, we all just kind of look at each other and go “Super Bowl [BLEEP]!”.

(08-14-2018, 07:02 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 02:45 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Yes, given your post history, I really do think that.  Smile

That can’t be just a running joke with Titans fans alone. Everytime the Titans sign some scrub, we all just kind of look at each other and go “Super Bowl [BLEEP]!”.
It runs here as well but slightly different form... “Championship!”
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2018, 12:35 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-14-2018, 03:06 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/th...6?amp=true

J.J. Watt also got to the quarterback more than any player in the NFL.. and he had 3 roughing the passer calls on the entire season. Whoopty freaking doo.

As far as Antonio Smith, yes he should of kept his cool, but that whacko Icognito deserved every bit of that helmet swing..he purposely tried to break Smith's ankle and this helmet swing happened after Incognito tried to twist Smith's head around (wasn't even trying to block him, just trying to cause bodily harm) Incognito was considered to be the dirtiest player in the game. I put this in the same class as A. Johnson finally snapping on Cortland Innegan. Antonio Smith was never considered a dirty player..this was a isolated incident against one of the biggest turds who has played in this league the last 15 years.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2018, 11:43 PM by AlsJagsFan.)

(08-14-2018, 12:32 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 03:06 AM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/th...6?amp=true

J.J. Watt also got to the quarterback more than any player in the NFL.. and he had 3 roughing the passer calls on the entire season. Whoopty freaking doo.

As far as Antonio Smith, yes he should of kept his cool, but that whacko Icognito deserved every bit of that helmet swing..he purposely tried to break Smith's ankle and this helmet swing happened after Incognito tried to twist Smith's head around (wasn't even trying to block him, just trying to cause bodily harm) Incognito was considered to be the dirtiest player in the game. I put this in the same class as A. Johnson finally snapping on Cortland Innegan. Antonio Smith was never considered a dirty player..this was a isolated incident against one of the biggest turds who has played in this league the last 15 years.

Maybe you should contact fox sports and tell them that because you said the Texans aren't a dirty team it must mean something. Because according to that article the Texans are one of the worst. If you don't like it maybe you shouldn't make a claim with no evidence. Of course you don't think the Texans are dirty..and the Patriots fans don't think the Patriots cheat.

And if you want to know why I am no longer responding to your ignorant posts the answer can be found below.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2018, 01:33 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-14-2018, 11:42 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 12:32 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: J.J. Watt also got to the quarterback more than any player in the NFL.. and he had 3 roughing the passer calls on the entire season. Whoopty freaking doo.

Maybe you should contact fox sports and tell them that because you said the Texans aren't a dirty team it must mean something. Because according to that article the Texans are one of the worst. If you don't like it maybe you shouldn't make a claim with no evidence. Of course you don't think the Texans are dirty..and the Patriots fans don't think the Patriots cheat.

And if you want to know why I am no longer responding to your ignorant posts the answer can be found below.

That is one writer's opinion..

And what did I say that was false, maybe like that writer you should actaully do some research and figure out why Smith swung his helmet.. one play against a habitual dirty [BLEEP], doesn't make a player dirty or a entire team dirty.

Neither does 3 roughing the passer calls for a entire season on a player who led the entire league in QB pressures and hits.

Furthermore the idiot writer wrote the article in 2016, but used a exaggerated stat from 2014 and a incident that happened in 2013 to support his article written years later.. not only was Antonio Smith not even on the team anymore, but the entire coaching staff had overturned.. yeah, that's fantastic writing there.
Rolleyes