Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all..

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 04:36 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-19-2018, 02:23 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Vrabel sucks. He let crab legs winston run up the scoreboard on his 3rd string defense. What was he thinking, pulling starters after only 2 series, especially with crab legs playing backup.. doesnt he want to win these meaningless preseason games, who cares if the starters get injured?

So you're saying that the Titans have zero depth that will allow them to be competitive after Fitzpatrick (who lets face it, isn't a good starting QB) leaves the game at the end of the first quarter? Okay, gotcha, good to know.  BTW, speaking of starters...Houston has barely even let their defensive starters take the field yet this preseason. I don't see them getting scored on left and right. Good defensive coaches still get a good defensive performance when reserves start coming in...at sometime this season some of those players will be starting for you. Dang..no wonder Vrabel had the league's worst defense last season.. all of his starters weren't able to play a full 16 game season.
Rolleyes

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 07:11 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(08-19-2018, 04:27 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 02:23 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Vrabel sucks. He let crab legs winston run up the scoreboard on his 3rd string defense. What was he thinking, pulling starters after only 2 series, especially with crab legs playing backup.. doesnt he want to win these meaningless preseason games, who cares if the starters get injured?

So you're saying that the Titans have zero depth that will allow them to be competitive after Fitzpatrick (who lets face it, isn't a good starting QB) leaves the game at the end of the first quarter? Okay, gotcha, good to know.  BTW, speaking of starters...Houston has barely even let their defensive starters take the field yet this preseason. I don't see them getting scored on left and right. Good defensive coaches still get a good defensive performance when reserves start coming in...at sometime this season some of those players will be starting for you. Dang..no wonder Vrabel had the league's worst defense last season.. all of his starters weren't able to play a full 16 game season.
Rolleyes

Think you're confused about the bucs quarterback situation. You know crab legs, their "franchise quarterback" who come in after fitzmagic to play against the scrubs... 
But yes, the tacks defensive depth not looking so good i admit. Maybe we can pick up some of your scrubs.
Your burger flippers are better than ours? Is that what i'm gathering from your post?
[Image: incredulous.gif]

The pulling everyone after two unimpressive series was puzzling. Only thing I could figure is he wanted them going out on a high note and he had no faith that mariota would start being able to hit a pass beyond the line of scrimmage against the league's worst defense.

I'm sure the titans board was laughing about Bortles only throwing for 150 yards and having an int in less than a half of play against the league's (second) best defense, but watching the titans last night I can't see your guys having success against any reasonably good defense with a QB that wild. The titans "success" last night reminded me of the Jaguar's success of five or so years ago in the preseason.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 07:40 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(08-19-2018, 07:35 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:

The pulling everyone after two unimpressive series was puzzling. Only thing I could figure is he wanted them going out on a high note and he had no faith that mariota would start being able to hit a pass beyond the line of scrimmage against the league's worst defense.

I'm sure the titans board was laughing about Bortles only throwing for 150 yards and having an int in less than a half of play against the league's (second) best defense, but watching the titans last night I can't see your guys having success against any reasonably good defense with a QB that wild. The titans "success" last night reminded me of the Jaguar's success of five or so years ago in the preseason.

They're playin it safe alright. But that quarterback you're busting on is the highest rated thru these 2 games. Touchdowns on 2 of 3 drives. I'll take that all year. 
And yes, i saw bortles almost throw a bad interception only to follow it up by throwing a bad interception. Lol

(08-19-2018, 07:38 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 07:35 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: The pulling everyone after two unimpressive series was puzzling. Only thing I could figure is he wanted them going out on a high note and he had no faith that mariota would start being able to hit a pass beyond the line of scrimmage against the league's worst defense.

They're playin it safe alright. But that quarterback you're busting on is the highest rated thru these 2 games. Touchdowns on 2 of 3 drives. I'll take that all year. 
And yes, i saw bortles almost throw a bad interception only to follow it up by throwing a bad interception. Lol

Preseason champs, eh? Enjoy it while it lasts.

(08-19-2018, 07:00 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 04:27 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: So you're saying that the Titans have zero depth that will allow them to be competitive after Fitzpatrick (who lets face it, isn't a good starting QB) leaves the game at the end of the first quarter? Okay, gotcha, good to know.  BTW, speaking of starters...Houston has barely even let their defensive starters take the field yet this preseason. I don't see them getting scored on left and right. Good defensive coaches still get a good defensive performance when reserves start coming in...at sometime this season some of those players will be starting for you. Dang..no wonder Vrabel had the league's worst defense last season.. all of his starters weren't able to play a full 16 game season.
Rolleyes

Think you're confused about the bucs quarterback situation. You know crab legs, their "franchise quarterback" who come in after fitzmagic to play against the scrubs... 
But yes, the tacks defensive depth not looking so good i admit. Maybe we can pick up some of your scrubs.
Your burger flippers are better than ours? Is that what i'm gathering from your post?

Players who play in the start of the second quarter are not just "burger flippers", A lot of them will be on your roster this year or is your team just going to roll with a 25 man roster this season?

Also, yes I know what time Winston came into the game..hence why I said Fitz left at the end of the first quarter...but it's not like the Bucs also weren't rotating in backups as well so the playing field is even and let's not act like Winston is a elite QB either. 

All I'm saying is Vrabel left a lot to be desired in the defensive department when he was here so beware. Good coaches can coach up talent even with starters out. Mike Vrabel took over a defense that was the best in the league and made it the worst. That doesn't just happen, because of injuries and starters being missing.

(08-19-2018, 07:44 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 07:38 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: They're playin it safe alright. But that quarterback you're busting on is the highest rated thru these 2 games. Touchdowns on 2 of 3 drives. I'll take that all year. 

Preseason champs, eh? Enjoy it while it lasts.

No that'd be the texans. Their defense is the best according to watt

(08-19-2018, 07:46 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 07:00 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Think you're confused about the bucs quarterback situation. You know crab legs, their "franchise quarterback" who come in after fitzmagic to play against the scrubs... 

Players who play in the start of the second quarter are not just "burger flippers", A lot of them will be on your roster this year or is your team just going to roll with a 25 man roster this season?

Also, yes I know what time Winston came into the game..hence why I said Fitz left at the end of the first quarter...but it's not like the Bucs also weren't rotating in backups as well so the playing field is even and let's not act like Winston is a elite QB either. 

All I'm saying is Vrabel left a lot to be desired in the defensive department when he was here so beware. Good coaches can coach up talent even with starters out. Mike Vrabel took over a defense that was the best in the league and made it the worst. That doesn't just happen, because of injuries and starters being missing.

Yeah crablegs throwing bombs to mike evans and deshaun jackson has practice squad written all over it.. 

I get what you're saying about vrabel, especially since you guys sucked so bad last year. Haha
Just think its premature. And yes he is putting scrubs on the field way sooner than i'm used to. So we'll see. And besides, pees is the defensive coordinator not vrabel..

(08-19-2018, 07:47 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 07:44 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Preseason champs, eh? Enjoy it while it lasts.

No that'd be the texans. Their defense is the best according to watt

Highest rated QB in the preseason, I'm sure it'll continue right through the Superbowl. Great job throwing a behind the line of scrimmage pass to an uncovered side of the field.

(08-19-2018, 07:55 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 07:47 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: No that'd be the texans. Their defense is the best according to watt

Highest rated QB in the preseason, I'm sure it'll continue right through the Superbowl. Great job throwing a behind the line of scrimmage pass to an uncovered side of the field.

Thats what a good coordinator does, makes it easy. Last year we saw what scrub coordinators do, makes it way harder than it needs to be

(08-19-2018, 07:57 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 07:55 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Highest rated QB in the preseason, I'm sure it'll continue right through the Superbowl. Great job throwing a behind the line of scrimmage pass to an uncovered side of the field.

Thats what a good coordinator does, makes it easy. Last year we saw what scrub coordinators do, makes it way harder than it needs to be

Like I said, I'm sure it'll be like that right through the Superbowl.

(08-19-2018, 08:20 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 07:57 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Thats what a good coordinator does, makes it easy. Last year we saw what scrub coordinators do, makes it way harder than it needs to be

Like I said, I'm sure it'll be like that right through the Superbowl.

Welcome aboard!!

(08-11-2018, 10:59 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:30 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: You think I'm butthurt...can you please explain what it is that I'm butthurt about?

I mean, who gets butthurt about losing a defensive coordinator that surrendered the most points allowed in the league by a wide margin? I mean what sense does that make? Trust me, I'm happy, just like our players are (I guess they're "butthurt" too) to have Romeo Crennel steering the ship again.

Here's another question, has a inexperienced coach ever been given a head coaching job after leading the league's worst scoring defense.. what on Vrabel's resume warranted that kind of promotion? The guy was a solid LBer coach in 2016, but when Houston gave him more responsibility as defensive coordinator he **** the bed and was in over his head, now your team is giving him even more responsibility.. look one day Mike Vrabel might grow to be a good NFL head coach, but he isn't ready yet. Either way, that's your problem now and it worked out on our end by having RAC back..so again, what is it exactly that I should be butthurt about? Romeo Crennel is a > defensive coach/play caller than Mike Vrabel..he's one of the best in league history.

Why would a Texans fan be butthurt about anything Titans related? Is that a real question?

To my bigger point, you feel the need to make a thread about how the the coach you lost, who by the way didn’t mean anything to you but you’re still obsessed with, sucks? I don’t mean to break up the obligatory chest thumping, but what specifically are you crowing about?

Dude.....Vrabel sucked as D cord!!
I can promise you there is nothing but elation among Texans fans about getting back Rac.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 08:04 PM by Psychop1.)

(08-19-2018, 07:47 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: No that'd be the texans. Their defense is the best according to watt

Shame on Mariota for playing well in preseason. If only he had embarrassed his team the way Bortles did against a 2nd string defense, he would finally have your respect.

And you’re busted again CB. You don’t watch the games before you come on here popping your lips and it’s obvious.

Bortles was reduced to nothing but screen passes and check downs. The coaches were worried he was going to hit another defender in the numbers and they wouldn’t be able to get his confidence back up.

(08-19-2018, 12:59 PM)TackHammer56 Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:59 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: Why would a Texans fan be butthurt about anything Titans related? Is that a real question?

To my bigger point, you feel the need to make a thread about how the the coach you lost, who by the way didn’t mean anything to you but you’re still obsessed with, sucks? I don’t mean to break up the obligatory chest thumping, but what specifically are you crowing about?

Dude.....Vrabel sucked as D cord!!
I can promise you there is nothing but elation among Texans fans about getting back Rac.

Well, elation and common parental DNA, but what’s your point? He’s no longer defensive coordinator of a Texans team that couldn’t keep their offense on the field, and nor is he defensive coordinator of the Titans. Vrabel is a question mark to Titans fans himself, but he has hired a great coaching staff, which is the main thing Titans fans are excited about. Listening to Texans fans intensely bemoan about his inadequacies with the Texans is just gravy on the side.

(08-19-2018, 08:18 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 12:59 PM)TackHammer56 Wrote:   Dude.....Vrabel sucked as D cord!!

Well, elation and common parental DNA, but what’s your point? He’s no longer defensive coordinator of a Texans team that couldn’t keep their offense on the field, and nor is he defensive coordinator of the Titans. Vrabel is a question mark to Titans fans himself, but he has hired a great coaching staff, which is the main thing Titans fans are excited about. Listening to Texans fans intensely bemoan about his inadequacies with the Texans is just gravy on the side.

The Texans lackluster offense is not a excuse for the disastrous defensive performance last season.. You act like they had Rodgers/Brady the year before when they were tops in the league or something.. No they finished #1 in the NFL without Watt and possibly the worst starting QB in Brock Osweiler, so last year's offense is not a excuse for Vrabel's piss poor performance. Especially when Vrabel still had the league's worst defense during the same stretch where Watson was orchestrating the league's top offense. That excuse doesn't float.

Also yes, Vrabel isnt the D.C. and he's the head coach, but he's a defensive minded head coach. Do you honestly believe that he's just going to be twiddling his thumbs on the sideline doing nothing? I highly doubt that and I'm sure he's going to have a big input on defensive decisions as defensive head coaches do.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 10:40 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(08-19-2018, 08:46 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 08:18 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: Well, elation and common parental DNA, but what’s your point? He’s no longer defensive coordinator of a Texans team that couldn’t keep their offense on the field, and nor is he defensive coordinator of the Titans. Vrabel is a question mark to Titans fans himself, but he has hired a great coaching staff, which is the main thing Titans fans are excited about. Listening to Texans fans intensely bemoan about his inadequacies with the Texans is just gravy on the side.

The Texans lackluster offense is not a excuse for the disastrous defensive performance last season.. You act like they had Rodgers/Brady the year before when they were tops in the league or something.. No they finished #1 in the NFL without Watt and possibly the worst starting QB in Brock Osweiler, so last year's offense is not a excuse for Vrabel's piss poor performance. Especially when Vrabel still had the league's worst defense during the same stretch where Watson was orchestrating the league's top offense. That excuse doesn't float.

Also yes, Vrabel isnt the D.C. and he's the head coach, but he's a defensive minded head coach. Do you honestly believe that he's just going to be twiddling his thumbs on the sideline doing nothing? I highly doubt that and I'm sure he's going to have a big input on defensive decisions as defensive head coaches do.

Well in that case, your head coach must really suck for not getting involved to fix vrabels sorry defense last season
Guess you'll say obrian is an offensive genius. Well in that case where was romeo? Assistant head coach? Why didnt he step in to fix vrabels awful defense? Especially since that was his defense vrabel was screwing up. Twiddling his thumbs i guess. He must really suck too

(08-19-2018, 10:35 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 08:46 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: The Texans lackluster offense is not a excuse for the disastrous defensive performance last season.. You act like they had Rodgers/Brady the year before when they were tops in the league or something.. No they finished #1 in the NFL without Watt and possibly the worst starting QB in Brock Osweiler, so last year's offense is not a excuse for Vrabel's piss poor performance. Especially when Vrabel still had the league's worst defense during the same stretch where Watson was orchestrating the league's top offense. That excuse doesn't float.

Well in that case, your head coach must really suck for not getting involved to fix vrabels sorry defense last season
Guess you'll say obrian is an offensive genius. Well in that case where was romeo? Assistant head coach? Why didnt he step in to fix vrabels awful defense? Especially since that was his defense vrabel was screwing up. Twiddling his thumbs i guess. He must really suck too

Romeo Crennel stepped back from D.C. to give Vrabel his shot to run the show and make the calls. Stop being a idiot, he isnt going to step in and strip that responsibility in season during year one. Crennel was already trying to pass the torch (He's 71 yo), he wasn't trying to have to step back in during the season. Vrabel was going to get his chance to sink or swim..he sunk, but your braintrust still pulled him out of the water regardless. A decision I still don't understand, seriously tell me what this guy had on his resume that warranted a shot at a HCing job? Especially after last season.

As far as O'Brien, why the hell are you even bringing him up.. He doesn't coach defense. But if you do want to compare the two as to the type of influence a head coach will have on his side of the ball.. O'Brien fired our offensive coordinator after 2016 and took total control which is why we don't have a O.C. now. Vrabel is going to have input on that side of the ball as well..especially since this is his first HC job and he tries to prove himself.

(08-20-2018, 12:13 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 10:35 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Well in that case, your head coach must really suck for not getting involved to fix vrabels sorry defense last season

Romeo Crennel stepped back from D.C. to give Vrabel his shot to run the show and make the calls. Stop being a idiot, he isnt going to step in and strip that responsibility in season during year one. Crennel was already trying to pass the torch (He's 71 yo), he wasn't trying to have to step back in during the season. Vrabel was going to get his chance to sink or swim..he sunk, but your braintrust still pulled him out of the water regardless. A decision I still don't understand, seriously tell me what this guy had on his resume that warranted a shot at a HCing job? Especially after last season.

As far as O'Brien, why the hell are you even bringing him up.. He doesn't coach defense. But if you do want to compare the two as to the type of influence a head coach will have on his side of the ball.. O'Brien fired our offensive coordinator after 2016 and took total control which is why we don't have a O.C. now. Vrabel is going to have input on that side of the ball as well..especially since this is his first HC job and he tries to prove himself.

So romeo and obrien were twiddling thumbs then?