Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all..

(10-28-2018, 08:22 PM)TackHammer56 Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 04:34 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Still waiting to see how vrabel pans out also. Watt homer (who finally got his old job back so he could start posting again) claims i love vrabel about as much as he hates him (still butthurt). But in fact, i was just so done with mularkey, and the addition of some new young forward thinking coaches excited me. Now we getting to see what mary can do with a new staff. (Same old mary, up and down)

Vrabel and his "aggressive" style had alot of people (myself included) praising him thru the first few games. Mostly because he could pull it back and be ultra conservative when needed (see the tacks embarrasing the texans and sending watt homer on a month of job hunting to keep his mind occupied, only to then start logging on and reading posts but still not able to make any posts for himself until his texans pulled into first place so it would seem as all his offseason talk was legit when in fact the texans are just the least damaged team in the division at the moment)

Kinda glad vrabels gamble backfired in london. ( thought either way the chargers would use the last 30 seconds with 2 timeouts to win the game before overtime) so maybe vrabels learned him some kinda lesson that may help him as he continues to learn on the fly to be a nfl head coach

I think Vrabels aggressive style worked well as a LB coach where you need to be aggressive....he definitely excelled at that position.
I think he needs to get a little more cerebral when it comes to being a head coach.

Agree with this. But I really love this kind of coaching style. I was sick of "play not to lose" instead of "play to win" football that Tennessee has missed for the last 15 years with horrible coaches.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Vrabel sucks and I warned y'all.. - by YourFather - 10-29-2018, 08:04 PM