Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mason Rudolph

I remember a few posters wanted him in round 1 and some wanted him in round 2.

I watched him play last night and he was 4th on the depth chart. 

Roethlisberger 
Jones
Dobbs
Rudolph 

If they keep 3 QBs then he is going to the practice squad. If they roll with 2 QBs then he might be cut.

I’m glad we got Bryan instead.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-11-2018, 12:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I remember a few posters wanted him in round 1 and some wanted him in round 2.

I watched him play last night and he was 4th on the depth chart. 

Roethlisberger 
Jones
Dobbs
Rudolph 

If they keep 3 QBs then he is going to the practice squad. If they roll with 2 QBs then he might be cut.

I’m glad we got Bryan instead.

Desperation is a stinky cologne. People that wanted him early aren't smelling too good.

I wasn't a Rudolph fan at all, but really a topic like this after one preseason game?

(08-11-2018, 09:48 PM)Upper Wrote: I wasn't a Rudolph fan at all, but really a topic like this after one preseason game?

Review the source of the thread.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Wow a rookie QB is behind a guy who has started NFL games and a guy who already knows the system and is athletic

Guys I didn’t say how he played, I just said I watched him play last night and he was 4th on the depth chart.

Read the Steelers message boards. He started slowly but has dramatically improved.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This is a terrible thread. Every single Steelers 2018 Draft Pick or 2018 UFAis last on their Depth Chart. Just pull up the link below, their 1st round pick (FS) is 4th and their 2nd round pick (WR James Washington out of OSU) is 5th on their depth chart.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PIT

If they put him on the practice squad someone will def pick him off it they might as well just cut him in THAT case get real man.

Lol

(08-14-2018, 10:17 PM)surfon Wrote: If they put him on the practice squad someone will def pick him off it they might as well just cut him in THAT case get real man.

They can't put him on the practice squad without cutting him first...  I don't think he would get there.

Didn't get the hype behind that kid to begin with around here. I said it before and I'll say it again. He was just like Blake Bortles coming out of college statistically and they're built roughly the same. He could develop into a decent starter someday but this idea that he would be a day one or early 2nd RD pick was funny.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-15-2018, 01:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Didn't get the hype behind that kid to begin with around here. I said it before and I'll say it again. He was just like Blake Bortles coming out of college statistically and they're built roughly the same. He could develop into a decent starter someday but this idea that he would be a day one or early 2nd RD pick was funny.

But Bortles went 3rd overall so your comment is kind of funny

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2018, 01:48 PM by Caldrac.)

(08-15-2018, 01:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 01:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Didn't get the hype behind that kid to begin with around here. I said it before and I'll say it again. He was just like Blake Bortles coming out of college statistically and they're built roughly the same. He could develop into a decent starter someday but this idea that he would be a day one or early 2nd RD pick was funny.

But Bortles went 3rd overall so your comment is kind of funny

Not really. Bortles had a lot of upside out of that QB class. New England was rumored to be looking at him as a possible selection later on during day one that night as well. When you look at the fact that Manziel is playing like horse [BLEEP] in the CFL and Bridgewater's slightly frame not being able to hold up in the NFL with him now being in NY as a back-up too Caldwell made the right move at the right time. He's now in a position to where he could possibly be leading this team to a Superbowl title.

Also. I really do believe they didn't want him to start his rookie season. Derek Carr regressed last year from that draft class. Jimmy G looked decent in his starts for the 49ERS last year but it'll be proving time now in 2018 for him. 2014 had slim pickins' at QB that year. There was a lot more options at QB in this class from 2018 compared to his class. Rudolph wasn't going that high. He fell where he should have fell to. The 3rd RD. 

Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen & Jackson were all better prospects coming out of college over Rudolph. Ultimately he could develop into a decent starter. But based on his classmates. He fell into where he should have.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I wouldn't have minded Rudolph.
Think they got a hell of a steal getting him in the 3rd.
Suppose we'll see when he gets more than a dozen snaps.... if anyone pays attention that long.

I don't recall too many people thinking he was a plug and play QB like Mayfield and Rosen and Darnold were discussed.
Jackson had a terrible outing his first go around. (And was actually selected in the first round)
So ya know... grain of salt and what not.

How did Rudolph look? Asking for a friend

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 12:45 PM by Caldrac.)

He looked decent last night in some of the highlights I saw. Showed some grit on a rushing TD. A defender hit him a little late as he crossed the goal line and he didn't hesitate to get back up and get in his face.

With that said. Josh Dobbs looked pretty damn good last night too before Rudolph had his turn. He has a really quick release. Good footwork in the pocket. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh carry him with Rudolph and they look to either trade or just cut Landry Jones.

Much like Tanner Lee, Rudolph looked much better in his 4th preseason game than he did in his first.

Jones is gonna be cut. And I heard the squealers are trying to move Dobbs. (6th round pick like Hundley kinda deal I would guess)

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018, 10:35 AM by brianmsbc.)

I seem to recall the same poster thought Rashad Penney was better than Saquon Barkley. This is why we don't pay attention to internet message board experts.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018, 12:29 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

It was announced today that Rudolph will serve as Roethlisberger's main backup. This was as expected. He'll have time to sit and learn before taking over when Ben finally hangs it up. That should be 3-4 more years at least. He's actually in an ideal situation.

(09-02-2018, 10:35 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: I seem to recall the same poster thought Rashad Penney was better than Saquon Barkley. This is why we don't pay attention to internet message board experts.

Everything depends on what teams guys get drafted to. I still think Barkley is the most overrated RB in years and I believe he will fall well short of what people expect from him. With that said, Rashad Penny landed in the worst possible place. Seattle's O-Line is complete trash. For some reason, the Seahawks have not grasped the concept that you have to have a decent O-Line before you can get a running game going. At least the Giants tried to address the O-Line before drafting Barkley.