Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if Westbrook is the best WR

(09-03-2018, 01:06 AM)Jags02 Wrote: From a fantasy perspective, shoud I start Donte Moncrief or Dede Westbrook week one? 

No.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bump

He's good, but nope.

(10-01-2018, 12:53 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: He's good, but nope.

He is currently the Jags' most 'potentialed' receiver, in my view, though a tad lacking in elite stature.  Who else would you consider as top of the WR corps?  Keelan Cole is an effort guy lacking measurables, though blossoming admirably.  Moncrief is a savvy vet on a 1 year temp assignment (Liking his endzone production though), Chark is a talented rookie with palpable rawness.  Right now, if you need ONLY 1 receiver for say a 3-game stretch, who would you choose?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Like most Jags fans, I did not follow his college career at Oklahoma and did not know anything about him before he got here. I just looked up his wiki page and was pleasantly surprised to read that he finished fourth in the Heisman voting in 2016 behind Lamar Jackson (QB), Deshaun Watson (QB), and Baker Mayfield (QB). In other words, he was arguably the best non-QB college football player that year.

He was an absolute steal to get him in the 4th round. I think he definitely has the potential to be the top receiver on the team. Like others have posted here, I don't see that with Lee and don't think he should have been re-signed.

I think what you are looking at is the Jags cutting Lee after the 2019 season. You can't cut him at the end of this season cuz it would cost to much to do so.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-01-2018, 09:57 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: I think what you are looking at is the Jags cutting Lee after the 2019 season. You can't cut him at the end of this season cuz it would cost to much to do so.

I think that was kind of the plan anyway

The story of dede is also very impressive, what he did to get to the pros. He almost hung up his cleats, great coach got him back out there.

It's not crazy.
He was a "first round talent" with "character concerns" stemming from some baby mama drama back in early years of college.

Dude's good.

I think Keenan Mccardell is underrated as far as WR coaches go across the league.

(10-01-2018, 09:57 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: I think what you are looking at is the Jags cutting Lee after the 2019 season. You can't cut him at the end of this season cuz it would cost to much to do so.
Really wish they had kept ARob and let Lee walk without signing Moncrief.

ARob, Westbrook and Cole. I like.

(10-01-2018, 01:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Really wish they had kept ARob and let Lee walk without signing Moncrief.

ARob, Westbrook and Cole. I like.

I think they really could have used Lee on the field vs the titans last week. Missed him in that one. 

ARob was a gamble coming off injury and Moncrief is starting to come along nicely in the scheme. 

This Jags receiver corps is just fine when Bortles is accurate and they don't drop balls.

(10-01-2018, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This Jags receiver corps is just fine when Bortles is accurate and they don't drop balls.

I think it's when we are able to throw opposing defenses curveballs. I don't think our WR corps are going to flat out beat a defense, but when we scheme up stuff that is completely unexpected, like we did against the Pats and Jets (as I outlined in the WR/TE routes thread), then they can make plays.

(10-01-2018, 01:53 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This Jags receiver corps is just fine when Bortles is accurate and they don't drop balls.

I think it's when we are able to throw opposing defenses curveballs. I don't think our WR corps are going to flat out beat a defense, but when we scheme up stuff that is completely unexpected, like we did against the Pats and Jets (as I outlined in the WR/TE routes thread), then they can make plays.

The Jags receivers got open plenty against the tacks. They just dropped balls or suffered poor accuracy from Blake.

Bipolar blake. If Blake throws like he did against the Jets/Pats these receivers can get open. If he throws like he did against the Titans this offense is sunk.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Ummm....what if he is?
Only going to get better
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-01-2018, 06:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:  If Blake throws like he did against the Jets/Pats these receivers can get open.  If he throws like he did against the Titans this offense is sunk.

Hmmm... I wonder if the pass rush of the tacks is better than those other teams.
And kinda in that vein... I also wonder if the back 7, or perhaps, the entire defense for the tacks is better than those teams....

I dunno... maybe...
Giants D held Drew Brees to a pedestrian type day... so perhaps the two teams we faced with good (or in the tacks case, very good) defenses, our WRs couldn't separate as much and Blake didn't play as well.

team games are funny

(10-01-2018, 06:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Bipolar blake.  If Blake throws like he did against the Jets/Pats these receivers can get open.  If he throws like he did against the Titans this offense is sunk.

He threw like he did vs the jets and pats they just kept droppin the balls. You really need to watch the games more. I think the stat was he had like 2 or 3 bad balls out of how 34 attempts. the oline was a swinging gate there was no run and the recievers where dropping first down passes. RBB5 did not play that bad.

(10-02-2018, 04:56 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 06:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Bipolar blake.  If Blake throws like he did against the Jets/Pats these receivers can get open.  If he throws like he did against the Titans this offense is sunk.

He threw like he did vs the jets and pats they just kept droppin the balls. You really need to watch the games more. I think the stat was he had like 2 or 3 bad balls out of how 34 attempts. the oline was a swinging gate there was no run and the recievers where dropping first down passes. RBB5 did not play that bad.

Well... the breakdown of plays vs the tacks it wasn't just bad balls but some bad decisions (very quick to the check down with a couple open guys)
But I think after the drops early, the pressure kinda mounted on Blake and he was just over thinking.

lets give that team some cred, tacks are also 3-1 mainly on their defensive play.

(10-02-2018, 04:56 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:

The count was four drops and five bad throws (one of those under duress)
He also had a bad throw end up a completion thanks to dede bailing him out. 

He also had four batted passes.  Some of that is the line, some of it is on Blake's release point. 

Blake is still on an upward trend overall and I think he'll play well in KC - but let's not act like he brought his A game to that tacks game. He didn't.