Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Millennials ‘destroying’ core beer brands

Millennials ‘destroying’ core beer brands: ‘Bar Rescue’s’ Jon Taffer

Americans aren’t drinking booze like they used to.

Millennials are disrupting the beer industry, according to Jon Taffer, the host of the Paramount Network’s “Bar Rescue,” who said sales in the beer industry are declining as millennials turn to other options.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/mil...jon-taffer
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Core beer brands are destroying core beer brands by offer crappy products even in the face of vastly superior alternatives. Don't blame millennials for your company having an outdated business model and/or ruining your products because you wanted to save half a cent per beer can in costs.

Turning to other options like good beer?

Likkerr is qwickerr
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Maybe he means a larger use or marijuana instead of alcohol? Id say the beer industry would be one or the biggest proponents of keeping marijuana illegal.

That said I do my share of keeping Miller and Budweiser in business.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

"IT WASN'T ME! i SWEAR! IT WAS THE MILLENIALS!!!"

Go capitalism!

(08-12-2018, 08:50 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Maybe he means a larger use or marijuana instead of alcohol? Id say the beer industry would be one or the biggest proponents of keeping marijuana illegal.

That said I do my share of keeping Miller and Budweiser in business.

Pabst for domestic
Moosehead for import
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 11:40 AM by Caldrac.)

Most of today's core brands got lazy and haven't kept up with trends. I'll buy Yuengling here and there. But most of today's "core brands" taste like water compared to the good [BLEEP] you can find locally or at your total wine locations. It's trash.

I've started buying and supporting local brewers here in Jacksonville. Since it stays in Jacksonville and goes toward supporting just that... Jacksonville. If you count Budlight as a beer you're missing out. I prefer higher alcohol content per can or bottle. I don't need to buy a 24 pack of Budlight and guzzle that down when I can get a four pack or six pack of something that's stronger and better at roughly the same price.

(08-12-2018, 05:05 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Core beer brands are destroying core beer brands by offer crappy products even in the face of vastly superior alternatives. Don't blame millennials for your company having an outdated business model and/or ruining your products because you wanted to save half a cent per beer can in costs.

Exactly. Stop selling us wimpy [BLEEP] beer that's watered down and maybe we'll start grabbing it off the shelves. Until that happens I'll stick to buying local beers or international beers. Germany, Iceland & Belgium beers are vastly better when it comes to taste, ABV and variety. I get my money's worth for sure.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-12-2018, 07:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Turning to other options like good beer?

I see my work here is done.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Well, it looks a lot more butch to be sipping on a fancy drink while grooming their beards and freshly waxed eye brows wearing flannel shirts and skinny jeans.   Big Grin

[Image: 19985.jpg]
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 05:29 PM by Caldrac.)

(08-13-2018, 03:09 PM)FBT Wrote: Well, it looks a lot more butch to be sipping on a fancy drink while grooming their beards and freshly waxed eye brows wearing flannel shirts and skinny jeans.   Big Grin

These guys probably butt chug Mike's Hard Lemonade.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-13-2018, 03:09 PM)FBT Wrote: Well, it looks a lot more butch to be sipping on a fancy drink while grooming their beards and freshly waxed eye brows wearing flannel shirts and skinny jeans.   Big Grin

Yeah, not nearly as manly as their dad's generation!

[Image: 15d3ypf.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't drink beer much anymore but when I do it's Guinness regular or Extra Stout. I don't see the point in light beer. At all.

(08-13-2018, 05:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

These guys probably butt chug Mike's Hard Lemonade.

That'll definitely put hair on their freshly waxed chests.  Well, peach fuzz anyway.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-13-2018, 06:06 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 05:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: These guys probably butt chug Mike's Hard Lemonade.

That'll definitely put hair on their freshly waxed chests.  Well, peach fuzz anyway.
. True.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I drink Coors or anything free....so if they want to turn it around give me free beer

(08-13-2018, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Yeah, not nearly as manly as their dad's generation!

[Image: 15d3ypf.jpg]

[Image: hes-right-you-know-gif-3.gif]

Really the world is making that group not too bright. As know my six of my seven nephews and nieces are in that is in that generation. Including three in laws their spouses.But they do not act like it not to brag. Three are married, one has a baby and another also pregnant. Two are serving our country in the USAF. Also they have steady jobs and also have been to college. One to be a preacher one day.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

That's looks like a band called Four Year Strong.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...