Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 NFL MVP Cam Newton vs. Blake Bortles

Quote:While I sometimes disagree with your Bortles nut hugging, I agree with your principle here.

Bortles is far from perfect but with a better running game I feel like he would look a whole lot better.  Our running game is dreadful, embarrassingly so.

Of course, everyone's already been saying that for weeks around here, but.... whatever.  What's one more thread?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Means was a Charger in 1995.

Correct. Playoff run 1996..... through Buffalo and Denver. Lost to new England 6-20. Remember it like it was yesterday. We were 14 point underdogs to Denver

Quote:No. Blake knows he's elite. He's just a leader. He will ALWAYS shoulder the blame. He's not a Phillip Rivers, Eli, or Ryan Leaf crying baby. Bortles is a leader. If A-Rob drops a TD, Bortles will tell you it's his fault. Leader.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:A lot of people were there opening day. It was new and exciting. Whether or not you've stayed loyal is a different story. Everyone can tell you've just come back because of Blake.

I'll be honest. I left as a fan for a few years after Jags fired Del Rio. Was a season ticket holder a few years Stroud/Henderson/Mathis days.....I just couldn't follow James Harris/Mularkey/Gus ineptness ran franchise after seeing what Tom Coughlin did. 

Caldwell gives me hope and I'm back on board. I've met Shad. I've been in his suite. Gus still shouldn't be here but looks like we are stuck with him.

Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:No. Blake knows he's elite. He's just a leader. 

What do you mean, "no?" 

HE said it. Blake did!  Is he saying he needs to improve all of those individual errors of his own technique to just to be humble?? 

No he's not. He needs to improve them.  He's not talking about the line, the receivers or the coaches. 

He said that's what HE needs to fix.  

How are you this blinded? I don't get it. 

Everyone knows he's a leader.  No one doubts that. We just want to see him play a solid sixty minutes a few weeks in a row instead of spending half of the game performing poorly in all of the areas HE, HIMSELF  just listed at a press conference as weaknesses.  

Let it go, dude.  He's a good QB that's making mistakes and needs to clean up his game. 

Of course the run game will help. Everyone knows it's been terrible and it's part of the problem. The other part is Blake making mistakes. 

Quote:What do you mean, "no?" 

HE said it. Blake did!  Is he saying he needs to improve all of those individual errors of his own technique to just to be humble?? 

No he's not. He needs to improve them.  He's not talking about the line, the receivers or the coaches. 

He said that's what HE needs to fix.  

How are you this blinded? I don't get it. 

Everyone knows he's a leader.  No one doubts that. We just want to see him play a solid sixty minutes a few weeks in a row instead of spending half of the game performing poorly in all of the areas HE, HIMSELF  just listed at a press conference as weaknesses.  

Let it go, dude.  He's a good QB that's making mistakes and needs to clean up his game. 

Of course the run game will help. Everyone knows it's been terrible and it's part of the problem. The other part is Blake making mistakes. 

Of course he needs to improve. He's 24 years old and works out like crazy in offseason with House and other QB gurus. The guy has a work ethic unparalleled and a hunger to be the best in the league. He's 24 years old and will continue to improve every season like the Jags hopefully will. It's just the annoying Jags fans who critique every little thing as Bortle's fault that is beyond annoying.

Cam Newton is 27. 

Andrew Luck is 27.

Blake Bortles is 24.

Bortles is putting up elite stats at an age thats unheard of on a team that is terrible or WAS terrible. Jags fans should be blessed they have this guy because another Bortles isn't walking through that door for 20-30 years at a minimum. 

Are you sure he worked with House this off-season (link?)?  His mechanics don't look it at all.

Quote:Are you sure he worked with House this off-season (link?)?  His mechanics don't look it at all.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4u...w_with_qb/

Past 2 years.

I personally give ZFG about mechanics. Big Ben, many QBs have bad mechanics. I look at improvement + results. Sure, in a perfect world everyone is Joe Montana.

I can't believe we have someone else on the level of JDub and Snowy. This guy is insane.

The reason Panthers fans aren't destroying Cam right now is because of what he has done in the past. Some people on this board are bashing Blake because he is turning the ball over too much which is helping lead to some of the losses. It's not solely on him but he's a reason for it.

Get off his jock already. Just because he went to UCF doesn't mean you have to blow him. I went to MD and I love Yannick but I'm not out here claiming he's better than Von Miller which is exactly what you're doing saying Blake is better than Cam.

6 Days?

And Bortles has not improved this season, at least not yet for what it's worth.

I'm not here to bash Bortles, but to claim he's elite or any other word close to that is just not accurate at this point in time.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 02:27 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:I can't believe we have someone else on the level of JDub and Snowy. This guy is insane.

The reason Panthers fans aren't destroying Cam right now is because of what he has done in the past. Some people on this board are bashing Blake because he is turning the ball over too much which is helping lead to some of the losses. It's not solely on him but he's a reason for it.

Get off his jock already. Just because he went to UCF doesn't mean you have to blow him. I went to MD and I love Yannick but I'm not out here claiming he's better than Von Miller which is exactly what you're doing saying Blake is better than Cam.

What has Cam done in the past? Have you ever seen his stats? He's had ONE elite season. That's it. He's a media hype.

Quote:6 Days?

I'm not here to bash Bortles, but to claim he's elite or any other word close to that is just not accurate at this point in time.
He seems to think if you criticize Blake at all it means you hate him.

He's no where near elite yet. If he was, we most likely wouldn't be 2-3 right now.

Quote:6 Days?

Will be elite* in due time. He's 24.

Quote:What has Cam done in the past? Have you ever seen his stats? He's had ONE elite season. That's it. He's a media hype.
And Blake has had zero elite seasons.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13994

Get a clue dude

space, you've lost all objectivity here, just saying.

Quote:And Blake has had zero elite seasons.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13994

Get a clue dude

Last year was an elite season for Bortles. Elite = Top 5.

Quote:space, you've lost all objectivity here, just saying.

Which QB in the league would you rather have than Bortles at age 24?

Quote:Last year was an elite season for Bortles. Elite = Top 5.
No. Explain how he was a top 5 QB last year?

Brady, Eli, Palmer, Brees, Rivers, Cam, Wilson, Rodgers .... They all had better seasons.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/playe.../year/2015

He was only top 5 in 2 categories...

#2 in TDs and #1 in INTs...

He was not a top 5 QB last year.