Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 NFL MVP Cam Newton vs. Blake Bortles

Your infatuation with the guy is starting to get pretty cringeworthy dude, you may want to take a step back and try to see yourself as others are. If I were Bortles and saw all of your post, I would probably hire a guard to stand outside my house to watch for you.

If someone says something even remotely critical about Bortles, its ok not to have a temper tantrum about your boo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:While I sometimes disagree with your Bortles nut hugging, I agree with your principle here.

Bottles is far from perfect but with a better running game I feel like he would look a whole lot better.  Our running game is dreadful, embarrassingly so.
Yup we have the 2nd worst running game in the NFL

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

This crazy thread reminds me of when we drafted Matt Jones and the board was over-run with Arkansas fans. After MJ ended up being dog doo, they blamed the fanchise for 'not using him right', etc. They also said he would leave and BLOW UP with another team. 

Are you the guy's girlfriend or something? jesus.

Quote:Means was a Charger in 1995.
That fact is not inconsistent with his statement.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 02:47 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:That fact is not inconsistent with his statement.

Go back and try reading.....they were 2 separate statements and two completely separate sentences.

Quote:Go back and try reading.....they were 2 separate statements and two completely separate sentences.
You go back and try reading.

I was actually supporting you on that point.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Last year was an elite season for Bortles. Elite = Top 5.

Wow, just wow, the only thing he was top 5 in was turnovers and TD's. An elite guy doesnt lead the league in turnovers, and doesnt have one of the lowest completion percentages in the league. We all love Bortles, but what your saying is nonsense.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:This crazy thread reminds me of when we drafted Matt Jones and the board was over-run with Arkansas fans. After MJ ended up being dog doo, they blamed the fanchise for 'not using him right', etc. They also said he would leave and BLOW UP with another team.

Well he did use some blow with another team, I am pretty sure they were right.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Go back and try reading.....they were 2 separate statements and two completely separate sentences.
He was supporting you, you insane dingus.

Quote:Wow, just wow, the only thing he was top 5 in was turnovers and TD's. An elite guy doesnt lead the league in turnovers, and doesnt have one of the lowest completion percentages in the league. We all love Bortles, but what your saying is nonsense.

Fair enough. One could argue Bortles had a Top 10 season last year. Let's go with that. Either way, Cam Newton only has 1 elite season in his career and really so does Andrew Luck. Bortles is 3 years younger and is well on his way.

Please stop so you don't make me hate Blake. 

NFL.com has BB at 29 this week and Cam at 11.

Quote:NFL.com has BB at 29 this week and Cam at 11.

Is that a joke? Bortles is going up against Raiders. Cam vs. Arizona. 

Fantasy Sharks has Blake the 6th best fantasy QB this week. 

Cam newton is about to be (1-6) FYI.

Quote:That fact is not inconsistent with his statement.
Couldn't resist pointing it out even if they were technically distinct in a somewhat convoluted post.   I just was having a hard time buying the "long time fan" narrative from this particular poster.  

Alot of bashing in this thread but I don't see whats so absurd about OPs point. Newton IS lookng like crap now that his defense and running game sucks.

Quote:Alot of bashing in this thread but I don't see whats so absurd about OPs point. Newton IS lookng like crap now that his defense and running game sucks.

OK, so you're saying that he's as good as somebody that is playing bad right now.  I can accept that.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:OK, so you're saying that he's as good as somebody that is playing bad right now.  I can accept that.

I'm just saying Blake isn't a problem at all. He's 24 and on a perfect career trajectory to becoming an elite QB in this league. He's outplaying media sensations Andrew Luck one on one and Cam Newton for the season. Jags fans shouldn't be so hard on their franchise QB. That's all I'm saying. In 5 years from now, I'm sure most will look back at this laughing.

This is the dumbest thread ever made...Except for the one that Rico made that one time.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Alot of bashing in this thread but I don't see whats so absurd about OPs point. Newton IS lookng like crap now that his defense and running game sucks.

I don't think anyone really disputed that.  The bashing has been more about this strained narrative of Bortles being infallible and the fan base so undeserving of him. ( Not to mention the convenient omission of turnovers in the OP. )

But yeah, Cam and Blake are both struggling without a proper running game. Great.  That doesn't negate Blake's own personal negative contributions. 

I just find it weird that fans aren't allowed to discuss Blake's (admitted) weaknesses w/o being pounced upon and personally attacked by the poster in question. I'm sure I've wasted too much time on him already though.... Moving on....