Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 NFL MVP Cam Newton vs. Blake Bortles

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 03:18 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:I'm just saying Blake isn't a problem at all. He's 24 and on a perfect career trajectory to becoming an elite QB in this league. He's outplaying media sensations Andrew Luck one on one and Cam Newton for the season. Jags fans shouldn't be so hard on their franchise QB. That's all I'm saying. In 5 years from now, I'm sure most will look back at this laughing.
The problem is, that's not what you're saying at all. You're acting like he can do no wrong NOW. He has a good deal of improving to do.

And if that is considered bashing or being hard on him...wow.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not proclaiming Blake sucks, but your "cherry picking" logic is atrocious. 

Using facts, 21 QBs have more passing yards, 28 QBs have a higher pass % (at least 50 attempts), 16 QBs have more yards/game, 10 QBs have more TDs, only 3 have more INTs and 29 QBs have a higher passer rating (min 50 attempts).

So what's your point based on this season's stats?

Quote:This is the dumbest thread ever made...Except for the one that Rico made that one time.

Link?

box score numbers without an ounce of context is the reason blake is better than cam nice

Quote:Is that a joke? Bortles is going up against Raiders. Cam vs. Arizona. 

Fantasy Sharks has Blake the 6th best fantasy QB this week. 

Cam newton is about to be (1-6) FYI.
Actually, Seattle plays Arizona. Carolina has a Bye this week so again, you're wrong.

Quote:I'm just saying Blake isn't a problem at all. He's 24 and on a perfect career trajectory to becoming an elite QB in this league. He's outplaying media sensations Andrew Luck one on one and Cam Newton for the season. Jags fans shouldn't be so hard on their franchise QB. That's all I'm saying. In 5 years from now, I'm sure most will look back at this laughing.
That's not all you're saying. Thats the problem here. You're making claims like Blake is elite which he is so clearly not. He's not even outplaying Cam this year. You just are so blinded by your love for Blake that no one can have a legit convo with you.

Quote:The problem is, that's not what you're saying at all. You're acting like he can do no wrong NOW. He has a good deal of improving to do.

I just think it's hilarious when fans think that Bortles is a bust or the Jags are gonna find a better QB who's going to improve their record. Bortles has already improved their record 3 years in a row so far. You can't ask for much more than that; constant improvement. For people to say he's digressed when he has a BETTER record than last year is hilarious. It's only 5 games. All young QBs their first 5 years in the league have up and down stats. Look at Peyton's first 5 years. 23 INTs in year 4 and 19 INTs in year 5. Peyton never hit his stride until YEAR 6 and he had a hall of fame running game in Edgerrin James. 

All I'm saying is relax on wanting Lamar Jackson or Watson hahahaha. They aren't better than Bortles. Worry about improving the entire team and more importantly improving the coaching staff. 

Quote:I'm not proclaiming Blake sucks, but your "cherry picking" logic is atrocious. 

Using facts, 21 QBs have more passing yards, 28 QBs have a higher pass % (at least 50 attempts), 16 QBs have more yards/game, 10 QBs have more TDs, only 3 have more INTs and 29 QBs have a higher passer rating (min 50 attempts).

So what's your point based on this season's stats?

Bortles already had his BYE. These stats are useless.

Insurance salesman huh?  Makes sense lol

Quote:Actually, Seattle plays Arizona. Carolina has a Bye this week so again, you're wrong.

That's not all you're saying. Thats the problem here. You're making claims like Blake is elite which he is so clearly not. He's not even outplaying Cam this year. You just are so blinded by your love for Blake that no one can have a legit convo with you.

Meant Carolina's next game. Understandable. Cam will be 1-6.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 03:27 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:Insurance salesman huh?  Makes sense lol

Owner. What do you do?

Quote:I just think it's hilarious when fans think that Bortles is a bust or the Jags are gonna find a better QB who's going to improve their record. Bortles has already improved their record 3 years in a row so far. You can't ask for much more than that; constant improvement. For people to say he's digressed when he has a BETTER record than last year is hilarious. It's only 5 games. All young QBs their first 5 years in the league have up and down stats. Look at Peyton's first 5 years. 23 INTs in year 4 and 19 INTs in year 5. Peyton never hit his stride until YEAR 6 and he had a hall of fame running game in Edgerrin James. 

All I'm saying is relax on wanting Lamar Jackson or Watson hahahaha. They aren't better than Bortles. Worry about improving the entire team and more importantly improving the coaching staff. 

You're ridiculous.  

So Newton was MVP last year because of his team, but the 'Bortles has already won more games this year' all because of him.

You really need some help.  This is bordering on a fixation.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="spacecoastjag" data-cid="858258" data-time="1476898860">Wrong.

Without even bringing up the defense, the difference is the running game.

Carolina 2015- 19 rushing TDs

Jags 2015- 5 rushing TDs

Carolina 2016- 7 rushing TDs

Jags 2016- 3 rushing TDs

Yeah I agree. It's like they say a running game is the quarterbacks best friend. What is the biggest problem with running game? Is it the running backs or the offensive line?combination of both?

Jags have one of the worst rushing attacks in the league.
</blockquote>. I agree they say a running game is a quarterbacks best friend. What's biggest problem with running game. The running back talent or offensive line? How about the coaching?

You said part owner, nothing you say holds up.

Quote:You're ridiculous.  

So Newton was MVP last year because of his team, but the 'Bortles has already won more games this year' all because of him.

You really need some help.  This is bordering on a fixation.

Newton's MVP last year was EASILY about his team. Did you watch their defense last year or were you sleeping? 

That's like saying Peyton Manning was the reason the Broncos won the Super Bowl last year.

This ship is sinking fast...

Quote:You said part owner, nothing you say holds up.

Part owner of a $27 million dollar book of business. $3.3 revenue per year. What's your point? Again, if you want to make this personal and laugh at what I do, at least answer MY question. What do you do for a living?

Quote:Newton's MVP last year was EASILY about his team. Did you watch their defense last year or were you sleeping? 

That's like saying Peyton Manning was the reason the Broncos won the Super Bowl last year.

My last words in this thread as you are clearly delusional and have some really odd fetish for Bortles.

Get a life.  You're failing as Bortles' savior. 

Quote:You're ridiculous.

You really need some help. This is bordering on a fixation.

Pretty sure he has a Bortles shrine in his closet. Probably a dirty towel Bortles used to dry his butt crack too.

OP has a point and you lot bash him for an opinion.

Neither funny nor original.

Quote:OP has a point and you lot bash him for an opinion.

Neither funny nor original.

I find it hilarious. Thanks for your opinion.