Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 NFL MVP Cam Newton vs. Blake Bortles

dont laugh, the guy may have killed himself

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:dont laugh, the guy may have killed himself

Nah. Him and his family (who are scouts) are probably trying to think up how to blame everyone else.

Quote: 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Cam Newton 2015- 35 TDs and 3837 yards = MVP

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Blake Bortles 2015- 35 TDs and 4428 yards

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Cam Newton 2016- 8 TDs and 1296 yards

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Blake Bortles 2016- 8 TDs and 1321 yards

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">So what's the difference??? Cam Newton had the best defense and running game in the NFL last year. This year his defense is terrible and his running game is average. Cam Newton is (1-5) and about to be (1-6). 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bortles needs a running game.

If I was blind and never saw BB5 throw a ball, I may buy into this.

Man, I wish I was blind...

How much more masturbating do you do than the rest of us, spacecoast?  

Hahahaha fail

Quote:Nah. Him and his family (who are scouts) are probably trying to think up how to blame everyone else.
What, and bail on his multi million dollar company? 

As bad as I feel after this loss, I can't imagine how miserable this week of media coverage and "bortles bashing" is going to be for spacecasejag. 

LOL multimillion dollar company.

Did he open a "1$ per stupid bortles play" business? In which case I can totally see how he's a millionaire.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 04:57 PM by irontrooper83.)

Well this guy even said that Bortles turned down a contract extension offer last year by the Jaguars so..take with a pinch of salt what he says. LOL

Quote:spacecoast isn't even a real Jags fan. He's jumped on ship because of Bortles. Dude hasn't had to endure some of the crap we've watched since 95.

Word
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Also lastonealive who has been arguing for sometime that Bortles is the best QB in the division and that he is better than Luck.

He usually goes quiet when he gets called out though....

He was lurking this topic after the game but didn't post. 

I hope he has a good support group at home.  

Quote:The Irresistible Force Vs The Immovable Object.

It's happened Y'all.
I was hoping for an update today on this.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I like lastonealive and his aussieness. But I think the political forum is rotting his brain now with the constant gun control arguments.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

[Image: 14708315_10202163884776249_4323118643654...e=58AA3DEA]

Bortles sucked.  Plain and simple.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Haha SCJ, just stop trolling. Only a troll would support the idea that Bortles is elite, after yesterday's performance. Dude struggled to throw it accurately to the ref after the knee to end the first half.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Part owner of a $27 million dollar book of business. $3.3 revenue per year. What's your point? Again, if you want to make this personal and laugh at what I do, at least answer MY question. What do you do for a living?

$3.3 Dollars in revenue a year? Ouch -  Well B.S. does have a ton of overhead I hear. 

As annoying as SCJ is, I want him to be right so badly. Yesterday was maybe Blake's worst performance. I don't know if he's played that bad even as a rookie. What's happened to him? Coaching stinks I get that, but the issues he's having aren't on play calls or whatever. He's got major problems and it's not just 1 thing. Last year he was throwing multiple touchdown games on the regular and it wasn't just garbage time. WHAT HAPPENED?!

Quote:As annoying as SCJ is, I want him to be right so badly. Yesterday was maybe Blake's worst performance. I don't know if he's played that bad even as a rookie. What's happened to him? Coaching stinks I get that, but the issues he's having aren't on play calls or whatever. He's got major problems and it's not just 1 thing. Last year he was throwing multiple touchdown games on the regular and it wasn't just garbage time. WHAT HAPPENED?!
Nothing happened to him, he is who he is (and always was).  Last year was fluky and lots of garbage time, and I said it when I saw it then, though REALLY wanted to be wrong.  He was not a good thrower of the football to start with, and still isn't, and his football IQ is questionable at best (arguably horrible).  The below is 100% accurate and courtesy of ESPN this morning (mid-season grading of their preseason predictions).

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/16724/blake-bortles' title="External link">Blake Bortles</a> will not live up to the hype

Piling up touchdowns and yardage in less-meaningful situations allowed Bortles to produce inflated conventional stats last season. His 4,428 yards and 35 touchdowns supported a feel-good storyline: rising young QB lifts long-suffering franchise over the hump.  Bortles has piled up a league-high 40 percent of his career passing yards while trailing by at least 10 points. Those are tough situations for any quarterback, and some were of his own making. Bortles' 3.3 percent interception rate since entering the league ranks 32nd out of 33 quarterbacks with at least 500 pass attempts since then. The rate is 2.3 percent (25th) when his team is tied or leading.  The 42 coaches and evaluators polled for my <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/17235940/2016-nfl-qb-tier-rankings-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger' title="External link">annual QB Tiers project</a> weren't entirely sold. Some questioned Bortles' mechanics. Several simply thought the Jaguars already would have enjoyed more team success if Bortles were playing as well as the stats suggested.  "Everybody wants to anoint him," one general manager said before the season. "I don't see it. He is 1-13 on the road. How's that for a stat?"  A closer look at advanced stats showed Bortles ranking 29th out of 29 qualifying quarterbacks in Total QBR over the second half of last season. He ranks 27th this season, ahead of only <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14879/brock-osweiler' title="External link">Brock Osweiler</a>, <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14876/ryan-tannehill' title="External link">Ryan Tannehill</a>, <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/8664/ryan-fitzpatrick' title="External link">Ryan Fitzpatrick</a> and <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15168/case-keenum' title="External link">Case Keenum</a>.

Quote:As annoying as SCJ is, I want him to be right so badly. Yesterday was maybe Blake's worst performance. I don't know if he's played that bad even as a rookie. What's happened to him? Coaching stinks I get that, but the issues he's having aren't on play calls or whatever. He's got major problems and it's not just 1 thing. Last year he was throwing multiple touchdown games on the regular and it wasn't just garbage time. WHAT HAPPENED?!

"Yesterday was maybe Blake's worst performance."

Yup.

The sad thing is, that's what we all were saying about the San Diego game.

"The San Diego game was Blake's worst performance."

Actually, he looked dreadful last week vs Chicago also. The defense played terrific. The offense got REALLY lucky with that play to Benn, with both players falling to the ground and Benn getting up to run a TD.

Blake does not look good this year, at all.