Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags get a call from the Jets

@mmehtanydn BREAKING: #Jets reach out to Jaguars to gauge their interest in trading pass rusher Dante Fowler, Jr., per sources. 

Story: https://t.co/7mYJlbDU2N https://t.co/NbzjZkvbH2

Would you guys do it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’d do it depending on what they offer. Preferably picks and not Teddy B.

Could it be for Teddy B and a draft pick.

Two thoughts on this:

Fowler is likely of more use to the Jags in the short term (2018) than Bridgewater. So if you trade Fowler - trade him for a draft pick, not a QB. (I like Bridgewater - but have concerns about his longevity injury-wise)

If you do in fact trade him for a player - it should be a depth OT that's clearly better than those on our roster.

Coughlin likes having waves and waves of pass rushers, but this is interesting, especially if they think Bryan is ready to contribute significantly this year. I’ve had my issues with Bortles, but I don’t think Teddy is the answer so if that’s the offer I’d probably just roll with Fowler for this year and take the likely compensatory pick when he signs elsewhere. I hope for everyone’s sake that there is some confidence in Bortles in the building, especially after having just extended him even if it is a team friendly deal.

I can remember when this team was starved for pass rushers, we literally couldnt buy one... I mean, we tried, and it failed, over and over. bust after bust too in the draft

now we have a good amount and are ready to just trade them

Fowler has been a pain in the [BLEEP] sometimes no doubt, but the guy is former 3rd overall pick, and has continued to show production as a pass rusher in limited time, the guy in a full time position is probably a double digit sack guy year in and year out, and is still very young

I am not trading him unless its for a 1st rounder, which the jets would never do

I still cant figure out why we are so quick to cut or trade productive players, and IDC about our depth, you cant have enough depth on the Dline in the NFL

imagine if yannick gets hurt early in the year, now where are we getting our Pressure from on the edges without fowler?

absolute HARD NO from me

(08-21-2018, 09:51 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @mmehtanydn BREAKING: #Jets reach out to Jaguars to gauge their interest in trading pass rusher Dante Fowler, Jr., per sources. 

Would you guys do it?

He'd just fail the physical.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

people mention taven bryan but again, he is not a pure outside 4-3 pass rushing DE... we really only have 2 of those in fowler and yannick, keep both, I still hold out hope we can resign fowler next year for a good team deal that makes both sides happy

(08-21-2018, 10:12 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: people mention taven bryan but again, he is not a pure outside 4-3 pass rushing DE... we really only have 2 of those in fowler and yannick, keep both, I still hold out hope we can resign fowler next year for a good team deal that makes both sides happy

I don't disagree with this except to point out a few edge guys in development. Lerentee McCray has actually looked pretty good in limited snaps at the edge spot.  The team also has Smoot and Philips there for rotational purposes if they need them. (though Smoot may be more suited to the strong side) 

Still -  I think the production they'd get from Fowler off the bench this year may outweigh the value of what's being offered in trade.

I'd rather have Fowler.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Right now, Fowler has more benefit to us than something the Jets could offer. I would much rather keep Fowler. We don't need any picks because that doesn't replace his value for this year. We could use Bridgewater as a failsafe at the QB position; but he doesn't replace the 8+ sacks that Fowler could provide; not to mention more depth in our D-line rotation. I think he stays.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Fowler will stay here this year. If he has a good year hes gone. Theres a win now. Windows can close fast.

Coughlin and Co. are all in to try and win it all This Year, and Fowler is a big part of that plan. I'd be shocked if we shipped him off for future picks - the future is now.

(08-21-2018, 10:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 10:12 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: people mention taven bryan but again, he is not a pure outside 4-3 pass rushing DE... we really only have 2 of those in fowler and yannick, keep both, I still hold out hope we can resign fowler next year for a good team deal that makes both sides happy

I don't disagree with this except to point out a few edge guys in development. Lerentee McCray has actually looked pretty good in limited snaps at the edge spot.  The team also has Smoot and Philips there for rotational purposes if they need them. (though Smoot may be more suited to the strong side) 

Still -  I think the production they'd get from Fowler off the bench this year may outweigh the value of what's being offered in trade.

I have zero doubt we can name guys behind fowler that would take his place, but none of them are as good as fowler or have that production... QB, Oline, Dline, CB are your 4 premium positions in football, I just want to hoard every single good player in those groups that we can

I aint giving him up unless its a 1st round pick

(08-21-2018, 10:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Two thoughts on this:

Fowler is likely of more use to the Jags in the short term (2018) than Bridgewater. So if you trade Fowler -  trade him for a draft pick, not a QB.  (I like Bridgewater - but have concerns about his longevity injury-wise)

If you do in fact trade him for a player - it should be a depth OT that's clearly better than those on our roster.

OT is the last thing I'd want from the Jets.

If we do decide to deal him to the Jets, I'd want to wait until after we play them this year, if that's possible.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 11:13 AM by brianmsbc.)

(08-21-2018, 11:02 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 10:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't disagree with this except to point out a few edge guys in development. Lerentee McCray has actually looked pretty good in limited snaps at the edge spot.  The team also has Smoot and Philips there for rotational purposes if they need them. (though Smoot may be more suited to the strong side) 

I have zero doubt we can name guys behind fowler that would take his place, but none of them are as good as fowler or have that production... QB, Oline, Dline, CB are your 4 premium positions in football, I just want to hoard every single good player in those groups that we can

I aint giving him up unless its a 1st round pick

I agree he is valuable but if they offer a 2nd rounder he is gone. I would prob also let him go for a 3rd rounder but it gets iffy around that point. 

I mean our last 3 3rd rounders were Yannick, Smoot, and Harrison. Smoot hasn't panned out yet and time will tell on Harrison, but giving up a backup DE that will be gone next year for another chance at another 3rd rounder seems like a great deal.

The truth is that the Patriots are really great at never getting too attached to their players and getting trade value out of them before they reach their big dollar salaries. That is a big reason for their 20 year dominance.

I just cant figure out why the Jets would be interested. They aren't really competing this year and Dante is a one and done player.

(08-21-2018, 11:07 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 10:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Two thoughts on this:

Fowler is likely of more use to the Jags in the short term (2018) than Bridgewater. So if you trade Fowler -  trade him for a draft pick, not a QB.  (I like Bridgewater - but have concerns about his longevity injury-wise)

OT is the last thing I'd want from the Jets.

If we do decide to deal him to the Jets, I'd want to wait until after we play them this year, if that's possible.

I admittedly have zero clue about their roster strengths/weaknesses beyond QB, but I know we are weak there.

Fowler for Jamal Adams straight up lol.

(08-21-2018, 11:22 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Fowler for Jamal Adams straight up lol.

I doubt that would ever happen, but could you imagine the 2019 secondary if it did?

Ramsey
Adams
Harrison
Bouye

Shaking my head in amazement!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-21-2018, 09:51 AM)BklynJag Wrote: @mmehtanydn BREAKING: #Jets reach out to Jaguars to gauge their interest in trading pass rusher Dante Fowler, Jr., per sources. 

Would you guys do it?

It's smoke. The New York media has been trying to pump and dump Teddy Bridgewater on us. If they are honestly attempting to land Fowler, Jr. it will cost them a second round pick (at least).

In news of greater importance, the New York Giants have released Monmouth FS Mike Basile. I have my fingers crossed that somebody in the Giants squad will put in a good word for Mike Basile with Tom Coughlin.