Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags get a call from the Jets

I wouldn't take any deal for Bridgewater.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mark Sanchez for Fowler straight up.

(08-21-2018, 01:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: How funny this is compared to last year. At this point last year, if Teddy was playing like he is and how Bortles looked in camp last year, most of us would have begged to make that trade of Fowler for Teddy.

Not me. As much as I wanted us to draft a QB, I see Bridgewater as having a very limited ceiling. IMO, he's an average QB at best. We have an average QB in Bortles, I don't want to stockpile average guys. I wanna go for someone with "star potential." If I can't get that, I'll just be satisfied with what we already have. Fowler has the potential to be a very good pass rusher if he keeps his head on straight. I wanna get solid value for him. I'd like to see what the Jets offered, because I really believe we will get more offers the closer we get to the trade deadline.

I'd take a 1st or a 2nd and 3rd.

I prefer to keep him, but i don't see him performing well enough to resign him.

(08-21-2018, 02:21 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I'd take a 1st or a 2nd and 3rd.

I prefer to keep him, but i don't see him performing well enough to resign him.

I doubt we'd get a 2nd and a 3rd, but I'd be o.k. with a 2nd and a 5th. That's more than we'd get in a compensatory pick.

Sure Teddy B and a draft pick for Fowler. I like Teddy's passing ability much more than Bortles and our superbowl hopes won't be over if Blake goes down. I've seen enough of Kessler to know that he refuses to throw the ball downfield in actual games.

Teddy is average to me. He’s a dinker and then here and there he lays one up for a WR to run under.

No zip like a Brady to Gronk type rope throw

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 03:00 PM by Upper.)

We aren't getting a premium pick for one year of Fowler. I also don't think he is getting nearly the FA contract y'all expect so I think we'll get a comp pick for him, but doubtful a 3rd rounder. Heck, if the comp pick is the goal then maybe we should get trade him for Teddy cause I'd bet Teddy gets a bigger contract in FA next year.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 03:00 PM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

i can only see this board if we trade him and something happens to one of our DE's... suddenly that stacked D-line is in trouble

I really wish we didnt spend the money on Lee so that we could have an easier time keeping guys like fowler on the Dline

(08-21-2018, 02:39 PM)jg77 Wrote: Sure Teddy B and a draft pick for Fowler. I like Teddy's passing ability much more than Bortles and our superbowl hopes won't be over if Blake goes down. I've seen enough of Kessler to know that he refuses to throw the ball downfield in actual games.

Refuses to throw the ball downfield?  Hell, the guy is getting hammered or running for his life every time he drops to pass.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-21-2018, 03:00 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: i can only see this board if we trade him and something happens to one of our DE's... suddenly that stacked D-line is in trouble

I really wish we didnt spend the money on Lee so that we could have an easier time keeping guys like fowler on the Dline
And that’s why the Jags won’t trade him.

Same reason we won’t trade one of our WRs. One injury and everything changes.

(08-21-2018, 10:09 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Coughlin likes having waves and waves of pass rushers, but this  is interesting, especially if they think Bryan is ready to contribute significantly this year.  I’ve had my issues with Bortles, but I don’t think Teddy is the answer so if that’s the offer I’d probably just roll with Fowler for this year and take the likely compensatory pick when he signs elsewhere.  I hope for everyone’s sake that there is some confidence in Bortles in the building, especially after having just extended him even if it is a team friendly deal.

Bingo. 

Unless the offer is for a 3rd round pick or better, you keep Fowler, use him up this year as you make your playoff run, and let him walk and take the comp pick after the season once he signs elsewhere.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-21-2018, 03:00 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: i can only see this board if we trade him and something happens to one of our DE's... suddenly that stacked D-line is in trouble

I really wish we didnt spend the money on Moncrief so that we could have an easier time keeping guys like fowler on the Dline

FTFY

I would say second round pick or better. Since I think the Jets do not have a second round pick it has to be their first. They won't do that so you keep Fowler, especially at the 3.8 million or so he costs. Compensatory could be a third round pick possibly. So no to a third.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Fowler has pretty good value to our team. He's in a prove it year and as someone said he is a true 4-3 edge rusher which the only other one we have is Yannick. All the other big names on our D-line are interior guys. It would have to be a first round pick. Teddy is an interesting prospect but he'd have to learn a new offense and adapt to our style. Blake is still having a better preseason than last year. One INT against a pro bowl safety isn't going to kill Blake for me. He should still have a solid season for us.
No pain, no gain.

Knowing how these nfl trade works. They probably offered us 5th or 4th round pick at best.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Amen.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2018, 06:22 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-21-2018, 04:09 PM)Kane Wrote:

I really wish we didnt spend the money on Moncrief so that we could have an easier time keeping guys like fowler on the Dline

FTFY

Moncrief only signed a one year deal, so that shouldn't effect our ability to re-sign Fowler next season. Lee on the other hand, signed a 4 year $34 million deal and that inflated price for a #3 WR (which is what he would be on virtually every other NFL team), drastically effects our ability to sign big name players next year and beyond.

(08-21-2018, 05:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Knowing how these nfl trade works.  They probably offered us 5th or 4th round pick at best.

I'd hang up the phone on them, if that was the offer.

After this season, bye Fowler. He’s jealous that my boy Yan is the player he should have been but he’s not half as good.

Hopefully he balls out this year and helps us win a SB. Then leaves.