Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags get a call from the Jets

(08-22-2018, 03:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 02:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm all for keeping talented receivers. I truly believe we have our future core with Westbrook,  Cole and Chark. That's a talented, young group, but injuries always happen and you got to have talented players to step in. I just don't like seeing the less talented guys making more money than the up and coming stars. Lee is our top paid WR and I truly believe he is the 3rd most talented WR on the roster and by the end of the season, I believe Chark will surpass him as well.

I feel the same way but if I’m being honest with myself...our Receivers aren’t scaring anybody. 

We know what Lee brings which is 800 yards and 3 TDs.

Cole could be the guy that takes off but if he is our best WR then we are in bad shape. He’s not a 1300 yard and 12 TD guy

Westbrook we keep waiting on him to take off and hopefully he does this year. I think he is the key to all of this working

Moncrief I just don’t know about him. He couldn’t make it in Indy so we can only hope he makes it here.

Chark... man I’m hoping he is our stud WR1 he has quick feet for a bigger guy. His hands seem good. He has good speed. He’s got everything we could hope for. Not even sure how he fell to the 3rd. But he is my pick to win the battle.

He was an UDFA last season and it was remarkable what he did with 748 yards receiving and over 17 yards per reception. I see no reason why he couldn't be a 1300 receiver if given the chance to play a full season as a starter. 

We keep waiting for Westbrook to take off? He was a rookie last year who played in only 7 games. Give the guy a break.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-22-2018, 03:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 02:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm all for keeping talented receivers. I truly believe we have our future core with Westbrook,  Cole and Chark. That's a talented, young group, but injuries always happen and you got to have talented players to step in. I just don't like seeing the less talented guys making more money than the up and coming stars. Lee is our top paid WR and I truly believe he is the 3rd most talented WR on the roster and by the end of the season, I believe Chark will surpass him as well.

I feel the same way but if I’m being honest with myself...our Receivers aren’t scaring anybody. 

We know what Lee brings which is 800 yards and 3 TDs.

Cole could be the guy that takes off but if he is our best WR then we are in bad shape. He’s not a 1300 yard and 12 TD guy

Westbrook we keep waiting on him to take off and hopefully he does this year. I think he is the key to all of this working

Moncrief I just don’t know about him. He couldn’t make it in Indy so we can only hope he makes it here.

Chark... man I’m hoping he is our stud WR1 he has quick feet for a bigger guy. His hands seem good. He has good speed. He’s got everything we could hope for. Not even sure how he fell to the 3rd. But he is my pick to win the battle.

Well that's because he was taken in the 2nd.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-22-2018, 08:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He was an UDFA last season and it was remarkable what he did with 748 yards receiving and over 17 yards per reception. I see no reason why he couldn't be a 1300 receiver if given the chance to play a full season as a starter. 

That's pretty rich IMO. Like 500 of those yards came in December when our offense blitzed the league with the heavy crossers offense that teams were not ready for. But then they did adjust and Cole got 3 whole passes in the playoffs. I think he'll be a fine WR, but 1300 yards is a top 5 WR and that's kinda crazy to me.

Not sure we ever see a 1300 yard WR with the Bortles / Marrone / Hackett triumvirate.

(08-23-2018, 03:08 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Not sure we ever see a 1300 yard WR with the Bortles / Marrone / Hackett triumvirate.

That's very true. As long as we have a QB with limited abilities, this is gonna be a run first run, second, throw only when you have to type of team. That's fine by me as long as we keep winning.

(08-23-2018, 03:08 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Not sure we ever see a 1300 yard WR with the Bortles / Marrone / Hackett triumvirate.

More like screen slant run, repeat... maybe 1/10 streak throw to wide open man but uh....... aye... run more... I personally do not like Marrone ... i think we are all HAPPY of the change of ice cream, but everyone crowns Marrone like he is a god. He kinda sucks, i dont see why he is "good"

(08-23-2018, 03:56 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

More like screen slant run, repeat... maybe 1/10 streak throw to wide open man but uh....... aye... run more... I personally do not like Marrone ... i think we are all HAPPY of the change of ice cream, but everyone crowns Marrone like he is a god. He kinda sucks, i dont see why he is "good"

No, not really. I think he just recognizes the teams strengths and most importantly, it's weaknesses in order to better utilize what we have on the roster. I think that's good coaching, but nobody is comparing him to Belichek.

Belichek? My god I hope not he has had a winning record in like 18 seasons. Marrone is ok, but its just funny how everyone glorifies him as a saint after years of ice cream as if he is such a god. Marrone has a lot let to prove, especially after royally [BLEEP] up the afccg.

It's unlikely. 

Just one more reason why I don't understand the clamoring over a #1 receiver by so many. 
Bortles likely ceiling in this system is probably somewhere around 3800-4000 yards  - and you've got 5 or 6 WR guys capable of contributing 500+ yards each , plus ASJ, plus three backs that will catch plenty of swing passes and screens.

There's just simply no need for that constant go-to guy in this system. 

Blake has multiple speedy receivers to hit on those rare early-down PA shots down field, he's got a couple of big bodied possession guys, he's got a speedy-ish TE with hands for the first time, and he's got what should be one of the best run games in the league. 

O-Line injury seems to be the only thing that could really turn this whole thing sour. It should be a capable offense otherwise. 

On the Marrone topic, I'm disappointed by the change of tack in the AFCCG. Other than that I really like him. Curious to see how that game affects his strategy in post season this year.

(08-23-2018, 08:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
It's unlikely. 

Just one more reason why I don't understand the clamoring over a #1 receiver by so many. 
Bortles likely ceiling in this system is probably somewhere around 3800-4000 yards  - and you've got 5 or 6 WR guys capable of contributing 500+ yards each , plus ASJ, plus three backs that will catch plenty of swing passes and screens.

There's just simply no need for that constant go-to guy in this system. 

Blake has multiple speedy receivers to hit on those rare early-down PA shots down field, he's got a couple of big bodied possession guys, he's got a speedy-ish TE with hands for the first time, and he's got what should be one of the best run games in the league. 

O-Line injury seems to be the only thing that could really turn this whole thing sour. It should be a capable offense otherwise. 

On the Marrone topic, I'm disappointed by the change of tack in the AFCCG. Other than that I really like him. Curious to see how that game affects his strategy in post season this year.

Agreed. For the most part, I think we're pretty o.k. on interior depth with Reed and Shatley, but the OT depth is paper thin. We should learn a lot more against Atlanta, since Richardson should get a good look on Saturday, but I still don't know how the team plans to use him. Are they wanting him to be a swing tackle or would he be used exclusively on the right side? If the latter is the plan, we might want to swing a deal to bring in a veteran LT for insurance. If Robinson were to get hurt, we'd be screwed! I'm gonna pay close attention to how Richardson plays and where he plays this weekend.

Wells is awful. I don't know how the guy still has a job.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-23-2018, 09:37 AM)Rico Wrote: Wells is awful.  I don't know how the guy still has a job.

I've been saying this since he filled in last season. I was surprised he was even in camp, much less backing up Cam.

(08-21-2018, 04:09 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 03:00 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: i can only see this board if we trade him and something happens to one of our DE's... suddenly that stacked D-line is in trouble

I really wish we didnt spend the money on Moncrief, Lee and Hayden so that we could have an easier time keeping guys like Fowler on the Dline

FTFY

Hayden has played well.

(08-21-2018, 10:10 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: I can remember when this team was starved for pass rushers, we literally couldnt buy one... I mean, we tried, and it failed, over and over.  bust after bust too in the draft

now we have a good amount and are ready to just trade them

Fowler has been a pain in the [BLEEP] sometimes no doubt, but the guy is former 3rd overall pick, and has continued to show production as a pass rusher in limited time, the guy in a full time position is probably a double digit sack guy year in and year out, and is still very young

I am not trading him unless its for a 1st rounder, which the jets would never do

I still cant figure out why we are so quick to cut or trade productive players, and IDC about our depth, you cant have enough depth on the Dline in the NFL

imagine if yannick gets hurt early in the year, now where are we getting our Pressure from on the edges without fowler?

absolute HARD NO from me

Would you trade Dante Fowler for Earl Thomas?

(08-26-2018, 12:50 AM)palatypus Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 10:10 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: I can remember when this team was starved for pass rushers, we literally couldnt buy one... I mean, we tried, and it failed, over and over.  bust after bust too in the draft

now we have a good amount and are ready to just trade them

Fowler has been a pain in the [BLEEP] sometimes no doubt, but the guy is former 3rd overall pick, and has continued to show production as a pass rusher in limited time, the guy in a full time position is probably a double digit sack guy year in and year out, and is still very young

I am not trading him unless its for a 1st rounder, which the jets would never do

I still cant figure out why we are so quick to cut or trade productive players, and IDC about our depth, you cant have enough depth on the Dline in the NFL

imagine if yannick gets hurt early in the year, now where are we getting our Pressure from on the edges without fowler?

absolute HARD NO from me

Would you trade Dante Fowler for Earl Thomas?

IMO, no. FS is not a need and Thomas would command a huge contract that would cripple our cap.