Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee

The Marqise Lee experiment has run its course. In my humble opinion he is not a number one receiver, he is a third receiver at best. The game against the Vikes where he totally goofed that catch on the sideline where the defender fell down was just one example of his lack of talent. He is ok running across the middle and being linebacker fodder, but not much else. Dez Bryant is still out there.....
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lee will be a Jaguar and a productive one until the team's out-clause in his contract comes up after the 2019 season.

No way blame should go to Lee for the 40 yard pass down the sideline. That pass should have been placed to the left of the pylon. Lee would have ran under it in stride.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 10:51 AM by Ronster.)

(08-23-2018, 10:41 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: No way blame should go to Lee for the 40 yard pass down the sideline.  That pass should have been placed to the left of the pylon. Lee would have ran under it in stride.

I just watched it again, and the ball was catchable, he had no sense on where the ball was and that is his job, to find the ball and catch it. And that is only one example of catches he should have made. He is not a high caliber receiver.

aaaannnd..... Dez Bryant is still out there...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Good God, Dez Bryant.  No [BLEEP] thanks.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-23-2018, 10:52 AM)Rico Wrote: Good God, Dez Bryant.  No [BLEEP] thanks.

The Jags have no definitive number one receiver. Dez is a proven veteran that wants to work and probably feels he has something to prove.. Thats a guy I want on my team, skill, hunger and anger.

(08-23-2018, 10:54 AM)Ronster Wrote:

The Jags have no definitive number one receiver. Dez is a proven veteran that wants to work and probably feels he has something to prove.. Thats a guy I want on my team, skill, hunger and anger.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-23-2018, 10:48 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 10:41 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: No way blame should go to Lee for the 40 yard pass down the sideline.  That pass should have been placed to the left of the pylon. Lee would have ran under it in stride.

I just watched it again, and the ball was catchable, he had no sense on where the ball was and that is his job, to find the ball and catch it. And that is only one example of catches he should have made. He is not a high caliber receiver.

aaaannnd..... Dez Bryant is still out there...

Because he was probably expecting the ball to be out in front not top of his head.  AR15 would have caught that to make up for bad ball placement.  Lee is not 6'3" with a 40' vertical.

Yeah, that's just what we need on this team that is obviously going to spread the ball around on offense.  Some clown that's going to cry that he isn't getting the ball thrown to him enough.  I'm glad you want him on your team because the idiot doesn't belong on this team.  Brilliant.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Good Lord, Dez Bryant?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So - if we're going to crucify him for not making what would have been a heck of a catch on a ball thrown a bit too far to the sideline (in the preseason!) :

[Image: LeeDrop11.gif]

Can we acknowledge the great plays he's made?  

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 11:13 AM by Bullseye.)

Dez can't separate deep any more. 

At best, he is a red zone threat.  A glorified possession receiver.

This says nothing about his off field rep.

While I am not sold that Lee is a true #1, I'm definitely not sold that Bryant is the answer to that.

I'm willing to take my chances on the guys we have on the roster.  Both Cole and Westbrook are in their second years.  Chark is in his first, and from the outside looking in, he seems to have the work ethic and mindset that would enable him to develop into a good player.

No thanks to Dez.

(08-23-2018, 11:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: So - if we're going to crucify him for not making what would have been a heck of a catch on a ball thrown a bit too far to the sideline (in the preseason!) :

[Image: LeeDrop11.gif]

Can we acknowledge the great plays he's made?  

[Image: giphy.gif]

We definitely don't beat the Chargers without him.

Maybe not a true #1, but is a productive receiver for us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This Marrone / Hackett offense doesn't require a #1 receiver. They have plenty of options to get Bortles his 3800-4000 yards in a run first offense. Lee, Moncrief, Westbrook Cole, Chark , ASJ , Three RBs that all catch well. There's only so many ways to spread that out, and a 1200 yard receiver is not required.

(Dez will never be anything resembling a #1 receiver again)

Even the Browns have apparently turned their back on Dez.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

As stated in multiple other threads:

I dont understand the infatuation of finding a "legit #1 WR" in this offense. Would Julio or AB be nice? Of course. But this offense is designed around multiple recieving options and a ground game. It's not even conducive to the skillset of say Julio.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Op is bake

(08-23-2018, 11:19 AM)PF* Wrote: Even the Browns have apparently turned their back on Dez.

To be fair, if healthy and not suspended, their WR room is stacked.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 12:02 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-23-2018, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This Marrone / Hackett offense doesn't require a #1 receiver.  They have plenty of options to get Bortles his 3800-4000 yards in a run first offense. Lee, Moncrief, Westbrook Cole, Chark , ASJ , Three RBs that all catch well.  There's only so many ways to spread that out, and a 1200 yard receiver is not required.

I'm of a mixed view of this (and this goes back to the WR debate I was having with malabarjag and deacon I never got back to-UGH)

On the one hand, football being a game of matchups, it stands to reason that the most effective players are the ones that cause matchup difficulties for the opponent and advantages for your own team.  The reason our defense is so good is that we have so many playmakers on it that cause matchup problems-Ngakoue, Campbell, Dareus, Jackson, T. Smith, Jack, Ramsey, Bouye, opposing coordinators have to pick their poison and often times their choices-in terms of blocking schemes, route combinations, personnel groupings, etc. are limited.  Similarly, if we had a guy like Julio Jones who could create matchup problems for defenses, that would create benefits for Bortles, other receivers, and Hackett.

Having said that, the Super Bowl champs who have managed to have success without having the stud WR ('85 Bears, Parcells era Giants, Seattle, Baltimore) were, for the most part, defense first, run the ball teams built similarly to the Jaguars.  New England I would put in a different category.  Early in the Belichick-Brady era, I would say they were a defense heavy team that had a decent running attack but not an overpowering one, and they had the GOAT QB.  Once they had a better understanding of just how great Brady was, they became a predominately passing offense what had very few stud WRs, with the notable exception of Randy Moss.

If Jacksonville is going to win a Super Bowl, they are following an established precedent with the Parcells era Giants, Baltimore, and Seattle) with their current group of receivers.  I still think their chances of doing so would improve with the acquisition/development of a stud WR.

(08-23-2018, 11:32 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This Marrone / Hackett offense doesn't require a #1 receiver.  They have plenty of options to get Bortles his 3800-4000 yards in a run first offense. Lee, Moncrief, Westbrook Cole, Chark , ASJ , Three RBs that all catch well.  There's only so many ways to spread that out, and a 1200 yard receiver is not required.

I'm of a mixed view of this (and this goes back to the WR debate I was having with malabarjag and deacon I never got back to-UGH)

On the one hand, football being a game of matchups, it stands to reason that the most effective players are the ones that cause matchup difficulties for the opponent and advantages for your own team.  The reason our defense is so good is that we have so many playmakers on it that cause matchup problems-Ngakoue, Campbell, Dareus, Jackson, T. Smith, Jack, Ramsey, Bouye, opposing coordinators have to pick their poison and often times their choices-in terms of blocking schemes, route combinations, personnel groupings, etc. are limited.  Similarly, if we had a guy like Julio Jones who could create matchup problems for defenses, that would create benefits for Bortles, other receivers, and Hackett.
Hackett has shown some ability to identify and create mismatches. I think he can do it with the guys on this roster.  Would having a Julio or AB help? Of course.  Is that necessary to win a championship with this offense? No.

(08-23-2018, 11:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 11:32 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm of a mixed view of this (and this goes back to the WR debate I was having with malabarjag and deacon I never got back to-UGH)

Hackett has shown some ability to identify and create mismatches. I think he can do it with the guys on this roster.  Would having a Julio or AB help? Of course.  Is that necessary to win a championship with this offense? No.
(Emphasis added)

That remains to be seen.

Hopefully, this statement will prove true, or somebody like Chark develops into that stud #1 WR and we win it all this year.