Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee

(08-23-2018, 07:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 06:45 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: We don't even have a number one QB. Why worry about a number one WR?

I'm not so sure that Bortles isn't a legitimate #1 QB, however, the lack of a #1 QB would make it all the more imperative to have a #1 WR. Just look at how Hopkins has been able to continually produce despite one horrid QB after another throwing him the ball.

Yeah, a top QB makes a top WR less necessary. Brady rarely has great WRs but he gets production from them
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 08:36 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Lee is injury prone. He has missed 11 out of a possible 64 games. (67 if you count playoffs). He also was banged up in some the games he has played that has limited his production. I hope he can become dependable and just have better hands. Lee tends to drop easy passes.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-23-2018, 08:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lee is injury prone.  He has missed 11 out of a possible 64 games.  (67 if you count playoffs).   He also was banged up in some the games he has played that has limited his production.  I hope he can become dependable and just  have better hands.  Lee tends to drop easy passes.

11 games in 4 seasons.... 9 of which were his first two years. He's missed 2 games the past 2 years. 

ARob missed 22 in 4 years, Hurns missed 12, 11 in the past 2 seasons. Yet these guys aren't viewed as "injury prone" even though they've missed more time than Lee. The reason why? They both had a big 2015, Lee hasn't had that season yet so he's viewed as less available even though he's been our healthiest WR the past 4 years.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-23-2018, 08:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lee is injury prone.  He has missed 11 out of a possible 64 games.  (67 if you count playoffs).   He also was banged up in some the games he has played that has limited his production.  I hope he can become dependable and just  have better hands.  Lee tends to drop easy passes.

Ya this... also in regards to Dez, sign him to a one year prove it deal. If you want the super bowl, you need some elite players to help you get there. One name, Randy Moss....
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-23-2018, 09:41 PM)Ronster Wrote:

Ya this... also in regards to Dez, sign him to a one year prove it deal. If you want the super bowl, you need some elite players to help you get there. One name, Randy Moss....

Dez is elite?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-23-2018, 09:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 09:41 PM)Ronster Wrote: Ya this... also in regards to Dez, sign him to a one year prove it deal. If you want the super bowl, you need some elite players to help you get there. One name, Randy Moss....

Dez is elite?

Yes.  

If you take a time machine to the year 2013.

(08-23-2018, 10:52 AM)Rico Wrote: Good God, Dez Bryant.  No [BLEEP] thanks.

this....i have NO interest in Dez Bryant

You probably don't know this since you foolishly botcotted the NFL last year, but Dez is far from elite now.

Lee is fine, he's not Calvin Johnson in his prime but, he doesn't need to be.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Lee hate thread part 3 chapter 11. Read it already .

To me, Marqise Lee is comparable to Torrey Smith. He's not a bad player, but he's always been over-hyped, over-valued and tried over and over as a #1 receiver, when he just doesn't fit that role. Lee is a good #3 receiver on any team and he could even be a decent #2 on some teams, but in no way, shape or form should he ever be used as a #1, nor should he be paid like one.

Lee's main problem is he can't catch the ball will his hands. He lets the ball come to him instead of going and getting it. He's great on the crossing routes because he usually can get some space, but on the outside he is going against a better DB and he has to get the ball.

On the drop in Minnesota, Lee had no clue what he was doing. First he completely misjudged the ball, thinking it was lofted for an over the shoulder basket catch. Then he puts up 1 hand for that, but the left hand is doing who knows what. Bortles threw it more on a rope and Lee finally seeing this throws his right in the way to stop the ball.

He needed to get his complete upper body turned towards Bortles for that to be a catch. He just doesn't seem to understand his body, hand eye coordination, etc. It's what separates the great WRs from the rest.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(08-23-2018, 11:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, Marqise Lee is comparable to Torrey Smith. He's not a bad player, but he's always been over-hyped, over-valued and tried over and over as a #1 receiver, when he just doesn't fit that role. Lee is a good #3 receiver on any team and he could even be a decent #2 on some teams, but in no way, shape or form should he ever be used as a #1, nor should he be paid like one.

Good thing he's not. With a $4.65 mil cap hit, Lee is the 45th most expensive WR this season.

Now his contract average should he stick around is $8.5 mil, but that's only 23rd most expensive, or basically a low-end #2.
'02

(08-23-2018, 09:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

11 games in 4 seasons.... 9 of which were his first two years. He's missed 2 games the past 2 years. 

ARob missed 22 in 4 years, Hurns missed 12, 11 in the past 2 seasons. Yet these guys aren't viewed as "injury prone" even though they've missed more time than Lee. The reason why? They both had a big 2015, Lee hasn't had that season yet so he's viewed as less available even though he's been our healthiest WR the past 4 years.

Arob had season ending injuries in 2/4 years with the Jags. Lee missed the bulk of a training camp and a hand full of games over 4 seasons. I'll never understand it.

(08-23-2018, 11:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, Marqise Lee is comparable to Torrey Smith. He's not a bad player, but he's always been over-hyped, over-valued and tried over and over as a #1 receiver, when he just doesn't fit that role. Lee is a good #3 receiver on any team and he could even be a decent #2 on some teams, but in no way, shape or form should he ever be used as a #1, nor should he be paid like one.

Lee was drafted with Arob. At what point was he ever tried or considered to be a #1 WR?

(08-24-2018, 04:41 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 09:34 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 11 games in 4 seasons.... 9 of which were his first two years. He's missed 2 games the past 2 years. 

Arob had season ending injuries in 2/4 years with the Jags. Lee missed the bulk of a training camp and a hand full of games over 4 seasons. I'll never understand it.

Lee was drafted with Arob. At what point was he ever tried or considered to be a #1 WR?

Anytime ARob missed considerable time on the field, which was a lot.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 07:37 AM by RicoTx.)

These two things are not equal.

By the way, why are the other 31 teams not clamoring for his services since he's so elite and all?  The Patriots just cut three WR and have no #1 and they're not even dumb enough to sign Bryant...and they're known for bringing in vets.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-24-2018, 03:02 AM)Jags02 Wrote:

Good thing he's not. With a $4.65 mil cap hit, Lee is the 45th most expensive WR this season.

Now his contract average should he stick around is $8.5 mil, but that's only 23rd most expensive, or basically a low-end #2.

And what no one ever understands, is that if he hits that money, it means he's playing very well. That's a good thing
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The who's who of Marqise Lee haters makes me like him more and more each day. We should be honored that he chose to be loyal to Jacksonville. Get to know him better.

[Image: Marqise_Lee_2014_Jaguars_training_camp_%...ropped.jpg]

Being forced to be #1 on the depth chart due to injury twice in one's career does not equate to "tried over and over as a #1 receiver."  

Woefully inaccurate description of what actually happened.

I wonder if this has the chance to hit 16 page epic status like the many Bortles v Anti-Bortles pages of last year.