Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Watson INTs

Not saying this will continue, but it has to ve a concern. 

"It's virtually impossible for a quarterback to be good while throwing interceptions as frequently as Watson did last season. He threw eight picks on those 204 attempts, which was good for an interception rate of 3.9 percent. Only Siemian and [font=Georgia,]DeShone Kizer threw interceptions more frequently with that 200-pass minimum. The Clemson star was on pace for a 486-pass season, which would have resulted in 19 interceptions over a full campaign."[/font]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think he'll pile up picks in a few games this season against the better defenses.
Just my gut on what I've seen from him thus far and the arm-chair scouting I did when he was coming out of school.
It's possible he's grown beyond this to some degree, but we'll see.

Watson's INTs weren't much of an issue because he consistently made up for them.
'02

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 07:37 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-23-2018, 06:38 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Not saying this will continue, but it has to ve a concern. 

"It's virtually impossible for a quarterback to be good while throwing interceptions as frequently as Watson did last season. He threw eight picks on those 204 attempts, which was good for an interception rate of 3.9 percent. Only Siemian and [font=Georgia,]DeShone Kizer threw interceptions more frequently with that 200-pass minimum. The Clemson star was on pace for a 486-pass season, which would have resulted in 19 interceptions over a full campaign."[/font]

Well two of those picks were also on hail Mary passes, but that happens and pick opportunities are also dropped over the course of a season so let's keep the.. "19 interception rate" projection..

Do you know what else he was on pace to do over a full season? He was on pace to throw for over 46 TDs and  4,182 yards as a rookie. So color me "not worried/couldn't care less" about a 19 INT rate his first year.

He was a rookie, he's only going to improve in that department. Peyton Manning did play his entire rookie season and threw 28 (threw 23 his 4th year) by comparison. Deshaun will be fine..especially if he keeps tossing a plus 2:1 TD/INT ratio.

(08-23-2018, 07:06 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 06:38 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Not saying this will continue, but it has to ve a concern. 

Well two of those picks were also on hail Mary passes, but that happens and pick opportunities are also dropped over the course of a season so let's keep the.. "19 interception rate" projection..

Do you know what else he was on pace to do over a full season? He was on pace to throw for over 46 TDs and  4,182 yards as a rookie. So color me "not worried/couldn't care less" about a 19 INT rate his first year.

He was a rookie, he's only going to improve in that department. Peyton Manning did play his entire rookie season and threw 28 (threw 23 his 4th year) by comparison. Deshaun will be fine..especially if he keeps tossing a plus 2:1 TD/INT ratio.

Oh I get it. Just thought it was an interesting stat. You're right though, I'd take that full projected year any time  

I'm inrerested to see how he does coming back from injury and teams having some time to study him a bit. I dont think its realistic to expect him to continue the tear he was on last year, also don't expect him to crash and burn either.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He threw a lot of bad INTs in college, too. Bad meaning INTs that were his fault and not simply bad luck deflections, tips, etc.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I hope his 2018 season is chock full of interceptions
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(08-23-2018, 10:30 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I hope his 2018 season is chock full of interceptions

You mean that you hope he does his best 2017 Marcus Mariota impersonation?  Laughing

Highly unlikely.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 12:18 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-23-2018, 10:23 PM)pirkster Wrote: He threw a lot of bad INTs in college, too.  Bad meaning INTs that were his fault and not simply bad luck deflections, tips, etc.

He threw just 13 interceptions to 35 passing touchdowns his last year in college (and won the NC game).. He threw just 2 interceptions the year before.

Hardly "a lot of bad INTs in college, too."

It's hard to find a male that fawns over another male quite as hard as Turndown for Watson.

Truth.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 01:00 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-24-2018, 12:21 AM)pirkster Wrote: It's hard to find a male that fawns over another male quite as hard as Turndown for Watson.

Truth.

The only time I ever really even talk about the guy is when he comes up in conversation or someone else brings him up. (Have you read the title of this thread?)

What do you want me to say? He sucks?

Ok.

You're right.. Watson absolutely sucks, was horrible when he played last season, and will be horrible this year. Rolleyes

There, does that make you feel better? Smile

(08-24-2018, 12:00 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 10:30 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I hope his 2018 season is chock full of interceptions

You mean that you hope he does his best 2017 Marcus Mariota impersonation?  Laughing

Highly unlikely.

15 int's? Yeah wadson will have that by november

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 01:15 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

Oh... almost forgot.

P.S.

He sucked in College too. The Tigers had to carry him over the finish line to win that title vs. Alabama

Wish we never would've drafted him. Damn, should've took Blake over Clowney instead.. We had the card filled out and everything.  Wallbash We will rue the day I tell ya..

(08-24-2018, 01:10 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Oh... almost forgot.

P.S.

He sucked in College too. The Tigers had to carry him over the finish line to win that title vs. Alabama

Wish we never would've drafted him. Damn, should've took Blake over Clowney instead.. We had the card filled out and everything.  Wallbash We will rue the day I tell ya..

I hope Bortles throws for 400 yards on romeo's crappy defense

(08-24-2018, 01:08 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 12:00 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: You mean that you hope he does his best 2017 Marcus Mariota impersonation?  Laughing

Highly unlikely.

15 int's? Yeah wadson will have that by november

Are you kidding me, he'll have that by October.. He's HORRIBLE!

(08-24-2018, 01:20 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 01:08 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: 15 int's? Yeah wadson will have that by november

Are you kidding me, he'll have that by October.. He's HORRIBLE!

Yeah but he'll miss all the october games.  Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 01:37 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-24-2018, 01:18 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 01:10 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Oh... almost forgot.

P.S.

I hope Bortles throws for 400 yards on romeo's crappy defense

He might as well get his first career 400 yard game against us.. I mean, we deserve it for passing on him and then later reaching for that bum Watson.. What the hell were we thinking?

(08-24-2018, 01:23 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 01:20 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Are you kidding me, he'll have that by October.. He's HORRIBLE!

Yeah but he'll miss all the october games.  Big Grin

That's if he even makes it to the opener.. geez.

(08-24-2018, 12:17 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 10:23 PM)pirkster Wrote: He threw a lot of bad INTs in college, too.  Bad meaning INTs that were his fault and not simply bad luck deflections, tips, etc.

He threw just 13 interceptions to 35 passing touchdowns his last year in college (and won the NC game).. He threw just 2 interceptions the year before.

He threw 17 picks his last year in college. Would have been 25 in the NFL. This has nothing to do with him playing for the Texans, but I just dont like him as a QB at all. I hated him coming out of college and was happy he went to the Texans. I think you guys are in for a rude awakening this season.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 06:22 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-24-2018, 05:52 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 12:17 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: He threw just 13 interceptions to 35 passing touchdowns his last year in college (and won the NC game).. He threw just 2 interceptions the year before.

He threw 17 picks his last year in college. Would have been 25 in the NFL. This has nothing to do with him playing for the Texans, but I just dont like him as a QB at all. I hated him coming out of college and was happy he went to the Texans. I think you guys are in for a rude awakening this season.

I know, he completely sucks.. I wish we had Blake Bortles. Damn you Rick Smith! He found another way to screw us on the way out!