Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
John McCain - RIP

McCain dead at 81.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Glioblastoma is an ugly monster. RIP

“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

-John McCain

The end came quickly and mercifully. RIP.

As much as I disliked him as a politician, brain cancer is a pretty awful path to have to go on. 21 gun salute for you sir.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Rip good sir prayers for his family.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

R.I.P. Senator. I may not have agreed with all of his politics or decisions, (especially the one to make Sarah Palin his running mate), but I really respected the way he stood up for what he believed in and voted with his head and his heart, even when that choice went against party lines. I really wish other politicians would show this kind of integrity, both Republicans and Democrats. Maybe then, this country wouldn't be so divided. My prayers to his family.

Oddly, McCain passed on the exact calendar day Ted Kennedy died from this terrible disease.

As someone who watched a loved one battle GBM, I get a little upset that the media continues to just call it "brain cancer" and do not bring the proper awareness to glioblastoma. One hopes that high profile cases like Beau Biden and John McCain will bring awareness and more importantly FUNDING to the most deadly form of cancer that typically yields a 12-18 life term, but they never seem to do.

Just think what we could do for cancer research if people choose to donate their hard earned money to research rather than gofundme pages for people like Peter Strzok.

Great man of great conviction.

Johnny Wet Start joined his shipmates yesterday. 134 souls have been waiting for you Johnny.

There are too few truly great men, it hurts to lose one, especially now.

RIP Senator John McCain
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-26-2018, 10:43 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Johnny Wet Start joined his shipmates yesterday.  134 souls have been waiting for you Johnny.

I'm afraid to ask.

(08-26-2018, 01:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 10:43 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Johnny Wet Start joined his shipmates yesterday.  134 souls have been waiting for you Johnny.

I'm afraid to ask.

It's an accusation against McCain that has been thoroughly debunked. BLT has no shame.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

BLT knows people who were there.

(08-26-2018, 03:28 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: BLT knows people who were there.

Just cuz you were there does not mean you know how the fire started.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

RIP Senator McCain.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Obama and GW Bush are to speak at his funeral, Trump was not invited. 

WH can’t even put out a press release honoring McCain.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(08-27-2018, 03:25 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Obama and GW Bush are to speak at his funeral, Trump was not invited. 

WH can’t even put out a press release honoring McCain.

Yeah, the Establishment doesn't like Trump. Film at 11.  Rolleyes
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Took almost a whole day before the flag was lowered halfway because Cheeto in charge is a petty child. He's got to be the most hated president of the past 25 plus years.

(08-27-2018, 05:51 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Took almost a whole day before the flag was lowered halfway because Cheeto in charge is a petty child. He's got to be the most hated president of the past 25 plus years.

Only by you and people like you.

Trump wasn't the petty one.