Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Help is not on the way...

(08-26-2018, 12:09 AM)JNev Wrote: We've played 3 Super Bowl contenders with excellent to Top 5 Defenses and because Blake hasn't put up Madden numbers we need to call the Jets about Teddy like we didn't just give Blake a hefty contract. Get a grip people!

The 2nd INT was not pretty, but these things happen to every QB. His stat line was pretty nice outside of those two INTs (big but, I know). We can certainly win with him I have no doubts about that

Freddy T explained the second pick to my satisfaction. He did not fault Blake, stating Moncrief quit his route (a post route, I believe) leaving the defense back in a position to poach the flag route. 

Now you can see why I don't like Moncrief? It's clear he is NOT doing what the coaches are telling him to do.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-26-2018, 02:11 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 12:09 AM)JNev Wrote: We've played 3 Super Bowl contenders with excellent to Top 5 Defenses and because Blake hasn't put up Madden numbers we need to call the Jets about Teddy like we didn't just give Blake a hefty contract. Get a grip people!

The 2nd INT was not pretty, but these things happen to every QB. His stat line was pretty nice outside of those two INTs (big but, I know). We can certainly win with him I have no doubts about that

Freddy T explained the second pick to my satisfaction. He did not fault Blake, stating Moncrief quit his route (a post route, I believe) leaving the defense back in a position to poach the flag route. 

Now you can see why I don't like Moncrief? It's clear he is NOT doing what the coaches are telling him to do.
It was Westbrook though...

(08-26-2018, 02:26 AM)JNev Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 02:11 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Freddy T explained the second pick to my satisfaction. He did not fault Blake, stating Moncrief quit his route (a post route, I believe) leaving the defense back in a position to poach the flag route. 

It was Westbrook though...

LOL cmon JC17

(08-25-2018, 09:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Just wasn't the same preseason without a "Blake is terrible" meltdown around here.

I’m kinda, you know, advocating for people not to meltdown. 

We knew what to expect with Bortles. Inconsistency. So why some are panicking and begging for trades, etc is pointless. 

He’s our QB this year. Deal with it. That was what I was getting at

(08-26-2018, 02:49 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 02:26 AM)JNev Wrote: It was Westbrook though...

LOL cmon JC17

I think the pick happened on Westbrook's side of the field, but Moncrief quit on his route a little early tipping the defensive backs off to the design of the play. Fred pointed this out directly after the play.
Signature goes here.

(08-26-2018, 06:47 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 02:49 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: LOL cmon JC17

I think the pick happened on Westbrook's side of the field, but Moncrief quit on his route a little early tipping the defensive backs off to the design of the play. Fred pointed this out directly after the play.

Westbrook also made zero attempt to try catching the ball
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-25-2018, 09:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, help isn't needed.

I mean, you can’t say with a straight face that we can’t do better than Blake. 

But we can’t do that at the moment. We would have either 1. Sell the farm for a veteran solution or 2. Draft a top QB, but we were at the bottom of the pecking order and needed a kings ransom to trade up. 

Neither options are appealing so Blake is what we got: my point is people whining about it should probably think first. As outlined above, there’s not much we could do, unless we mortgaged the future. No thanks

I really wish we would sign the Vikings 3rd string guy...Kyle Sloter

The first team offense racked up a lot of yards but didn’t convert them into points. Lambo missed a FG. Blake threw a pick in the red zone.

Games like that are going to happen and I actually think Blake has looked good. Completed 73% of his passes last night for 204 yards. I’ll take it.

(08-26-2018, 07:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The first team offense racked up a lot of yards but didn’t convert them into points. Lambo missed a FG. Blake threw a pick in the red zone.

Games like that are going to happen and I actually think Blake has looked good. Completed 73% of his passes last night for 204 yards. I’ll take it.

But... but.... he's the 62nd best QB!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-26-2018, 07:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The first team offense racked up a lot of yards but didn’t convert them into points. Lambo missed a FG. Blake threw a pick in the red zone.

Do you know how many people have crucified Blake for his low completion %? Big steps since mid season last year

(08-26-2018, 11:41 AM)JNev Wrote:

Do you know how many people have crucified Blake for his low completion %? Big steps since mid season last year

B-b-b-but its all screen passes!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Didn't he just complete like 70% of his passes and outperform by a loooooooonng stretch 2 of the highest paid QB's in the league in back to back weeks?

I have no problem him taking shots in preseason.

(08-26-2018, 07:17 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 09:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, help isn't needed.

I mean, you can’t say with a straight face that we can’t do better than Blake. 

But we can’t do that at the moment. We would have either 1. Sell the farm for a veteran solution or 2. Draft a top QB, but we were at the bottom of the pecking order and needed a kings ransom to trade up. 

Neither options are appealing so Blake is what we got: my point is people whining about it should probably think first. As outlined above, there’s not much we could do, unless we mortgaged the future. No thanks

I'm fine with Bortles, he can do what they need done and he doesn't cripple the cap. If they draft another guy in the next 2 years then fine too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-26-2018, 07:25 AM)ColoJag Wrote: I really wish we would sign the Vikings 3rd string guy...Kyle Sloter

Maybe they try to put him on PS and we grab him and make him 3rd QB on active squad.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 12:04 PM by SeldomRite.)

I figured there would be a lot of tightening sphincters around here while watching the game last night. I'm not saying Bortles looked good, but strangely enough all of the QBs in the afcs had bad games to varying degrees.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 12:10 PM by JAGFAN88.)

(08-26-2018, 06:47 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 02:49 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: LOL cmon JC17

Westbrook was the slot receiver, Moncrief was outside. It was one of those crossing routes/kinda rub route, where Moncrief was supposed to run a slant inside while Westbrook ran the out. With Moncrief taking his defender inside. He ran staight into the endzone and did not cross allowing his defender to see and jump the pass.

(08-26-2018, 02:02 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bortles looks exactly how we knew he would. As long as he keeps the dumb plays at a minimum we will be ok.

Yep. This pretty much sums it up. 

Two picks yesterday. One was a pretty athletic tip by a LB that wasn't too bad of a play from Blake. He waited a beat too long for ASJ to separate, and the LB had time to get a hand on the ball in the air.  
Those type of picks aren't the dumb ones. 

Forcing the ball to Westbrook near the endzone with a checkdown to Greene available was a little more concerning. 
Sure - maybe Moncrief's guy would have stayed on him had he not looked back to the QB too soon. Maybe.
Maybe Westbrook could have played defense by lunging to get a hand on the ball. Maybe.
Still, probably not the best decision by #5 right there. And not the most accurate ball either. 

I think he'll continue to make some of these mistakes. We just have to hope they are fewer and farther between.

He's not a turnover machine. He does commit turnovers. Compared to other players at his position he is about average in that regard. He's usually in the middle of the pack in a lot of positive statistical categories as well, ranking favorably with QBs who are perceived to be much better. I'm also thinking back to last pre-season when 2/3rds of the fan base was ready to jump of the Modis building.

Cody Kessler has looked pretty good by the way though he's not playing against front-line players. Henne wasn't the worst player in NFL history as he was frequently portrayed but this guy is so clearly an upgrade.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-26-2018, 11:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 11:41 AM)JNev Wrote: Do you know how many people have crucified Blake for his low completion %? Big steps since mid season last year

B-b-b-but its all screen passes!

Why are you saying this sarcastically? That's exactly why he had a good completion %. It was as shaky as ever when he tried to throw it downfield.