Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Help is not on the way...

Looks good in teal

[Image: teddybridgewaterjaguars-l-2e91bb31679d78bc.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-26-2018, 12:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Looks good in teal

Not gonna happen.
Let it go.

(08-26-2018, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Not gonna happen.
Let it go.

I've never been a fan of noodle arm, but for the Jaguars run heavy ball control offense philosophy, he can take the dink and dunk screen offense to a higher level with is higher passing IQ, quicker release, better ball placement and accuracy.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 01:08 PM by homebiscuit.)

(08-26-2018, 01:03 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not gonna happen.
Let it go.

I've never been a fan of noodle arm, but for the Jaguars run heavy ball control offense philosophy, he can take the dink and dunk screen offense to a higher level with is higher passing IQ, quicker release, better ball placement and accuracy.

Teddy just called. He says you're making him uncomfortable but doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting a restraining order against you like Khalil Mack did.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 01:11 PM by nate.)

(08-26-2018, 12:38 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 11:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: B-b-b-but its all screen passes!

Why are you saying this sarcastically? That's exactly why he had a good completion %. It was as shaky as ever when he tried to throw it downfield.

In other words, they don't really count (frankly, his screen game and play fakes are some of the best in the NFL at this point.  I have to say top 5.  Brady, Rogers......I'd say better then Brees and Ben)

Other QB's stats are not inflated by short passes, just Bortles.

Also, he did not complete passes down the field to 88 or 10, or under pressure to 12.......

[Image: teddybridgewaterjaguars-l-2e91bb31679d78bc.jpg]

Ugh.  No thanks.  

I prefer a QB who can throw for more than 14 TD's in a year.

(08-26-2018, 12:38 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 11:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: B-b-b-but its all screen passes!

Why are you saying this sarcastically? That's exactly why he had a good completion %. It was as shaky as ever when he tried to throw it downfield.

In other words, they don't really count (frankly, his screen game and play fakes are some of the best in the NFL at this point.  I have to say top 5.  Brady, Rogers......I'd say better then Brees and Ben)

Other QB's stats are not inflated by short passes, just Bortles.

Also, he did not complete passes down the field to 88 or 10, or under pressure to 12.......

Didn't he just complete like 70% of his passes and outperform by a loooooooonng stretch 2 of the highest paid QB's in the league in back to back weeks?

I have no problem him taking shots in preseason.

Let it go.

Bridgewater may be a marginally better passer than Blake, and he may be a bit smarter with the football too. 

However, the Jags have now passed on him three times. They aren't changing their minds. 

Important to note in your line of reasoning is that Blake actually looks much, much better at the dink and dunk stuff than he did before Hackett and Milanovich got here. His timing and placement on those passes has improved dramatically.  Last year the Buffalo game was the only time he struggled with that stuff, but he used to struggle with it regularly. 
All he really needs to do  to take this offense all the way is dial in some better accuracy on the downfield passes. 

Let's not forget that his ability to run and impressive toughness taking hits are clear advantages over Bridgewater.

If anyone should go after Teddy, it should be the Raiders or the Chargers. Their backup QB situations are a mess. Cardale Jones and Geno Smith have looked completely incompetent in L.A. and E.J. Manuel and Conner Cook have been so bad for the Raiders, that John Gruden said, he doesn't even know if he has an NFL backup QB on his roster. The Chargers in particular are real contenders this year, but if Rivers gets injured, they could go winless. The backup QB situation is that bad.

I'm just going to say that Blake had some great downfield passes last night. The throw to Lee when his injury occurred was pretty great. It's obvious he's improved. Every QB is going to throw INTs (hell, Ben threw 5 vs us last year). I think we're still Super Bowl bound.

We’d just be trading for a whole different set of QB issues if we acquired Teddy

(08-25-2018, 10:26 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Hes still a turnover machine and they still dont trust him. Same as last year

You looking for a job on the NFL Network?  You surely would fit right in.

We're still evaluating on pre-season stats and looks?? lol Hit me back in week 4 and then we'll see what's really going on. Until then, pray for no more injuries!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 11:01 AM by Caldrac.)

(08-25-2018, 09:23 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Teddy Bridgewater is perfect for this run heavy offense with short quick accurate dink and dunk passes.

What's the point of [BLEEP] like this? Are you another one of those [BLEEP] I see trolling on Facebook about "Let's trade Fowler Jr. for Teddy Bridgewater"?. Do people not realize that he had the exact same type of team with the Vikings and really played it safe as a passer? He was basically David Garrard minus the size, scrambling ability and durability. He's Captain Checkdown 2.0. That's not saying much...

And, again, if he was all that great why did the Vikings break the bank during the off season for Cousins and why is Teddy playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle in New York right now? He's not the answer you fool. He never was. Otherwise Caldwell would have reached for him that year instead of taking Bortles.

Let it go.

With what? He's trash. 14 TD's and 12 INT's as a rookie. 14 TD's and 9 INT's his second year. His frame as feared coming out of Louisville has not held up at all at this level. He barely showed up on the stat sheet in his lone play-off start where they got beat by SEA 10 - 9. He's an accurate passer that doesn't do enough to get it done. Believe it or not he's a downgrade from Bortles. We already have Kessler as well. Again, YOU"RE DUMB AS [BLEEP].

We're headed into the last game of the pre-season and you just expect this pedestrian passer at best to come on in and take the team by storm? Blake bailed this team out in the play-offs in Pittsburgh. He ran his [BLEEP] off the week before against the Bills. And he didn't botch the Patriots game. He played turnover free football and made play after play after play. 

[BLEEP] can't stand armchair GM's like you that think they know so much more or better than 31 other teams in the NFL. Dense as [BLEEP] man. Dense as [BLEEP].
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Remember when this board was so fired up because the first team offense could NOT score in the preseason?

Pepperidge Farms remembers....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Blake's interceptions have dropped each of the past 3 seasons from 18 to 16 to 13. His sacks have dropped each of the past 4 from 55 in 2014 to 24 last year. A better o-line is a big part of that but it also implies Blake's decision making is quicker. His completion percentage has increased each of the last 3 seasons as well. So, let's not go overboard. There are indications Blake could have a great season. I can't believe there are fans suggesting Bridgewater.  Laughing