Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brian Sexton

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 09:26 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Maybe it's just a nostslgia thing, but I would love to see Brian Sexton reinstated as the voice of the Jaguars. Frangie is an okay talk show host, but he really sounds clunky as a play-by-play announcer.  Sexton makes the game more interesting, at least for me. Thoughts?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Frangie is terrible no matter what the circumstance.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Prefer him, he is the best of the worst.

They all kinda suck tbh, would want a Boselli and Prisco crew.

I miss Sexton always like him on play by play. Frangie is so bad it makes you cringe.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Marble-mouth Boselli is the worst.

Sexton is my favorite.

2 receivers to the left moving right to left across your radio dial.

I remember listening to Brian back in the 90s when Fred use to bust loose. “Fred to the 30 and look at em go”

If I'm not mistaken....

Frank has the gig now because he is party of the ownership group for 1010XL.

Frank is bad. I always enjoyed the enthusiasm that Sexton brought to the broadcast.
Signature goes here.

(08-25-2018, 09:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Maybe it's just a nostslgia thing, but I would love to see Brian Sexton reinstated as the voice of the Jaguars. Frangie is an okay talk show host, but he really sounds clunky as a play-by-play announcer.  Sexton makes the game more interesting, at least for me. Thoughts?

Sexton sounds natural calling games.  Like what you imagine a play caller on the radio would sound like. Frangie sounds like he's trying to make his voice sound like other guys. It's annoying and it sounds fake. 

That being said, until Sexton learns that timeout as it pertains to sports here in America is one word therforth making it impossible to be times out I don't want him near any broadcast in the regular season

(08-26-2018, 06:29 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: If I'm not mistaken....

Frank is bad. I always enjoyed the enthusiasm that Sexton brought to the broadcast.

This I did not know!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-26-2018, 08:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 06:29 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: If I'm not mistaken....

This I did not know!

Yes, he became the Voice when the station he owns became the Official station, you didn't think he was in that chair on his talent did you? His affectation of Folksy Frank combined with his stutter is nails on chalkboard bad.

I also seem to recall that Sexton moved out because was having trouble with his eyesight, it wasn't a demotion or anything.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2018, 09:48 AM by DangerousBoy.)

Frank is terrible. I absolutely hate the gaps in his calls. It is like he forgot it is supposed to be play-by-play.

"Jaguars line up at the 25, Bortles hands the ball off to Fournette...
... Fournette tackled at the 34!"
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Frangie started out almost laughably bad. He has worked at it though and gotten better. He's just never going to be a great play-by-play guy. I think I remember they were discussing having Larry Munson do the play by play way back when the Jags first came along. I don't know for that for sure but I would have enjoyed that.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Although I sometimes find Sexton's delivery/demeanor really corny, he's done a great job on these preseason play-by-play calls for the local TV broadcast. He's definitely better at it than Frangie.

Unfortunately, although Freddy T is probably my favorite Jag of all time, he is just not the right guy to pair with Sexton. He provides some good insight, makes some good comments, and the fanbase loves him, but he's just very unnatural with a microphone in front of him.

(08-26-2018, 12:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Although I sometimes find Sexton's delivery/demeanor really corny, he's done a great job on these preseason play-by-play calls for the local TV broadcast. He's definitely better at it than Frangie.

Unfortunately, although Freddy T is probably my favorite Jag of all time, he is just not the right guy to pair with Sexton. He provides some good insight, makes some good comments,  and the fanbase loves him,  but he's just very unnatural with a microphone in front of him.

Agreed.  But I feel that Fred did loosen up a little more this last game.  Wasn’t quite as bad as he was the previous week.

There were at least 3 times that Sexton would call the incorrect player for the play. Yeldon would run the ball and he would say Fournette for 4 yards, or name the wrong guy making the tackle. He has a good voice and delivery, but I just can't take him for some reason.

I think Fred Taylor is the worst announcer. It sounds like he drinks down a fifth of Henny before the broadcast. His voice is so flat toned and boring. He also calls out wrong players and stumbles on his calls.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I like Frank on his show but not as a play by play guy. I'd rather listen to Sexton than Frangie. I wouldn't want to hear any more from Boselli and Lageman than what they already contribute. They just want to talk about what it was like in 1996. Great players in the 90s but its 2018...a very different era of football.

Sexton and Prisco ftw
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-26-2018, 09:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Sexton and Prisco ftw

Now that could be fun.
Signature goes here.