Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Super Bowl bet

So, there's this girl.  We hang out pretty regularly, and she's a big football fan.  I bet her last night that the Jaguars will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.  If I lose, I have to wear a skirt to work.  I couldn't think of anything adequate to throw into the other side of the bet, so I decided I'd poll the board.  

What should she have to do if the Jags make it to the dance?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-26-2018, 03:58 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: So, there's this girl.  We hang out pretty regularly, and she's a big football fan.  I bet her last night that the Jaguars will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.  If I lose, I have to wear a skirt to work.  I couldn't think of anything adequate to throw into the other side of the bet, so I decided I'd poll the board.  

If you would wear a skirt, have her wear a suit. 
https://www.jcpenney.com/p/opposuits-opp...adType^PLA

I'm still in shock that someone could conceivably make such a bet from just 2 years ago.

“So, there’s this girl. We hang out regularly “

Sounds like you’ve played this all wrong my man. Should’ve said if you lose you’ll take her out to dinner, if you win dinners at your place” or whatever the young more suave “playas” these days say. I been out of the game too long. Just saying the first two lines gives reason to believe you or her or both may be interested in one another.

Aside from that, if your going with work attire, NYC’s idea is good

(08-26-2018, 05:37 PM)Jags Wrote: “So, there’s this girl.  We hang out regularly

Sounds like you’ve played this all wrong my man.  Should’ve said if you lose you’ll take her out to dinner, if you win dinners at your place” or whatever the young more suave “playas” these days say.  I been out of the game too long.  Just saying the first two lines gives reason to believe you or her or both may be interested in one another.  

Maybe they're nudists.

If she loses the bet, she should have to hold a sign up that says I love the Jaguars.

Stand on Phillips hwy

It depends. Is she hot? If she is, make her wear a bikini to work. I'm assuming if a man is allowed to wear a skirt, the dress code is very loose.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 12:36 PM by JaguarKick.)

(08-26-2018, 04:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 03:58 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: So, there's this girl.  We hang out pretty regularly, and she's a big football fan.  I bet her last night that the Jaguars will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.  If I lose, I have to wear a skirt to work.  I couldn't think of anything adequate to throw into the other side of the bet, so I decided I'd poll the board.  

If you would wear a skirt, have her wear a suit. 

This is amazing and awful.  I can't believe there are people who seriously wear this. Good idea.

(08-26-2018, 04:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm still in shock that someone could conceivably make such a bet from just 2 years ago.

I'm a [BLEEP] talker, and she's a Chiefs fan.  She was bagging the Jags for the start of the Falcons game and making fun of our Super Bowl aspirations.  So I made a fun bet.  It's amazing that we're here, I agree. Exciting times.

(08-26-2018, 10:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It depends. Is she hot?  If she is, make her wear a bikini to work. I'm assuming if a man is allowed to wear a skirt, the dress code is very loose.

We don't work together, but this is another good idea.  I'm one of those who asks forgiveness rather than permission, haha.

(08-26-2018, 05:37 PM)Jags Wrote: “So, there’s this girl.  We hang out regularly “

Sounds like you’ve played this all wrong my man.  Should’ve said if you lose you’ll take her out to dinner, if you win dinners at your place” or whatever the young more suave “playas” these days say.  I been out of the game too long.  Just saying the first two lines gives reason to believe you or her or both may be interested in one another.  

I appreciate the relationship advice, lol.  I was already taking her to dinner when the bet was made, so we're upping the ante a little.

(08-27-2018, 12:32 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 04:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you would wear a skirt, have her wear a suit. 

This is amazing and awful.  I can't believe there are people who seriously wear this.  Good idea.

(08-26-2018, 04:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm still in shock that someone could conceivably make such a bet from just 2 years ago.

I'm a [BLEEP] talker, and she's a Chiefs fan.  She was bagging the Jags for the start of the Falcons game and making fun of our Super Bowl aspirations.  So I made a fun bet.  It's amazing that we're here, I agree.  Exciting times.

(08-26-2018, 10:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It depends. Is she hot?  If she is, make her wear a bikini to work. I'm assuming if a man is allowed to wear a skirt, the dress code is very loose.

We don't work together, but this is another good idea.  I'm one of those who asks forgiveness rather than permission, haha.

(08-26-2018, 05:37 PM)Jags Wrote: “So, there’s this girl.  We hang out regularly “

I appreciate the relationship advice, lol.  I was already taking her to dinner when the bet was made, so we're upping the ante a little.

Well now...this could get...interesting.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2018, 07:03 PM by ChiTownJags.)

I would say the Packers

If Jax makes the super bowl I'm going for 70% off face value thanks to TicketScore.com.   God I would love to see the Jags in the bowl