Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which receiver will become BB's favorite target this year?
Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark
ASJ
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who will become the favorite target for Bortles?

With Lee likely out for some extended time, and there being no defined number 1 receiver, what are your predictions for who BB will lean on as his "go to" receiver. The question arose as a Fantasy Football question, and if there is a Jaguars receiver worthy enough to select from a fantasy stand point. I would have been willing to select Lee if he was not injured, but now I'm not so sure. Does Monrief become the "unspoken" number 1 due to his experience, or does Chark impress early on, and become a favorite?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ASJ

ASJ by far. You can already see Bortles scanning for him right off the snap. They appear to have some good chemistry going from what I can tell.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Yeldon because we are a high school screen offense.

Where's the Corey Grant option?

Kevin Byard?
[Image: incredulous.gif]

The opposing defense. *Buh Dum Ching*

It feels like Westbrook already

ASJ has never been much of a receiving threat in his career and Bortles is going to be the guy that makes him one? Ok.

My vote was for Moncrief but there’s probably an equal chance of Westbrook or Cole. Chark might emerge as well but I wouldn’t expect that to happen until later in the season. Moncrief has the most upside potential to me though and his signing is looking like a pretty smart move at this point because I think the WR group as a whole can absorb Lee’s absence.

Grant or Yeldon.

The blitzing saftey

I heard Michael Sims-Walker is only 2 weeks away from being healthy

Mikens and Wynn

(08-27-2018, 01:49 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: ASJ has never been much of a receiving threat in his career and Bortles is going to be the guy that makes him one?  Ok.  

My vote was for Moncrief but there’s probably an equal chance of Westbrook or Cole.  Chark might emerge as well but I wouldn’t expect that to happen until later in the season.  Moncrief has the most upside potential to me though and his signing is looking like a pretty smart move at this point because I think the WR group as a whole can absorb Lee’s absence.

To be real... the only reason he hasn't shown to be much of a threat was that he hasn't been on the field. Whether for injuries or personal conduct.
Dude had 70+ targets last year though in 13 games on a bad Jets team. And when he was in Tampa they really wanted him to be a receiving threat he just couldn't stay out of trouble.

I voted TE because the question isn't about who will become more effective or benefit most from Lee's injury. It is about Bortles' favorite target.
I think we could see ASJ targeted a lot in the middle of the field where Lee was doing most of his damage.

(08-27-2018, 10:30 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yeldon because we are a high school screen offense.

You post this stuff all the time and wonder why someone dinged you for trolling? Seriously?

It's because you're trolling.

(08-27-2018, 03:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 10:30 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yeldon because we are a high school screen offense.

You post this stuff all the time and wonder why someone dinged you for trolling? Seriously?

There's another member on here who described the offense the same way.  Can't be trolling if multiple people see as it is.

(08-27-2018, 03:10 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 03:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You post this stuff all the time and wonder why someone dinged you for trolling? Seriously?

There's another member on here who described the offense the same way.  Can't be trolling if multiple people see as it is.

OK - Are you really stupid enough to state the opinion  (IN PRESEASON NONETHELESS)  that Hackett is running a "high school screen" offense?  

A. Hackett dialed up some really great games last season that didn't involve many screens at all
B. It's [BLEEP] preseason
C. This Jags offensive roster is really good at the screen 
D. It's [BLEEP] preseason
E. You'd be a complete idiot to have Grant, Yeldon and Fournette in your backfield and not use the screen
F. It's [BLEEP] preseason, you dimwit, settle down

I don't think you're that stupid. I think you're trolling. I didn't warn you the last time, or this time. But I will the next time.

(08-27-2018, 03:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 03:10 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: There's another member on here who described the offense the same way.  Can't be trolling if multiple people see as it is.

OK - Are you really stupid enough to state the opinion  (IN PRESEASON NONETHELESS)  that Hackett is running a "high school screen" offense?  

A. Hackett dialed up some really great games last season that didn't involve many screens at all
E. You'd be a complete idiot to have Grant, Yeldon and Fournette in your backfield and not use the screen

I don't think you're that stupid. I think you're trolling. I didn't warn you the last time, or this time. But I will the next time.
hahahaha

PREEEEEEEAAAAACCCCCHHHHHH

(08-27-2018, 03:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 03:10 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: There's another member on here who described the offense the same way.  Can't be trolling if multiple people see as it is.

Stern, but fair.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

You can't complain about the screens because they work. We literally marched down the field against the Vikings running it over and over again. They knew it was coming and couldn't stop it.