Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which receiver will become BB's favorite target this year?
Moncrief
Cole
Westbrook
Chark
ASJ
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who will become the favorite target for Bortles?

(08-27-2018, 02:17 PM)Matt Jones 904 Wrote: The blitzing saftey

I couldn't help it... I chuckled lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I went ASJ. We've never had a true TE recieving threat and they showed good chemistry through camp. If he stays healthy, I think Blake will look his way a lot.

Second choice is Cole, just because they seemed to connect last year well. Seems like a guy he'll have more trust in, at least initially
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

As long as it isn't someone on the opposing team, I couldn't care less who he throws it to... As long as they catch it.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

I see Grant 60+ receptions... Those who dont literally dont watch the Jags... every other play is a screen. Hate all u want but its screen city here.

(08-28-2018, 04:22 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I see Grant 60+ receptions... Those who dont literally dont watch the Jags... every other play is a screen. Hate all u want but its screen city here.

Laughing

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2018, 08:44 AM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

I think the screen was heavily utilized in the preseason due just having a scaled down playbook for the preseason games. I think it will used during the season as long as it continues to be effective. Don't have a problem with that.

Its interesting to see that besides Chark, the poll is about equal amongst all the receivers. That means that there is no clear cut favorite right now, at least in the eyes of fans.

I voted for Moncrief, as he I remember him filling in as the number 1 years ago for the Colts, when TY Hilton was out. I remember him having some good games during that time. Plus, he had some nice plays the other day during the game against the Falcons.

But honestly, it looks like any of these receivers are capable of stepping up and being relied upon by Blake. They had to do it last year when Robinson and Hurns were out. Right now, ASJ is the biggest bodied receiver that could be Blake's safety outlet. But, it seems that the playbook from last year did not have the TE involved very much in terms of receiving.

(08-28-2018, 04:22 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I see Grant 60+ receptions... Those who dont literally dont watch the Jags... every other play is a screen. Hate all u want but its screen city here.

I would love for this to happen. 

It won't, but I'd love it.

Whoever's open.

Rockman1966Whoever's open.

This is actually what’s up right here^ 

From week to week and game plan to game plan the favorite target will vary according to mismatches, opponent scheme, and Hackett’s script. 

I think ASJ, Cole, Westbrook and Moncrief will all have their days in the sun.

I will say Westbrook when its all said and done. My opinion is he is the most talented WR on the team
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

(08-27-2018, 03:10 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 03:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You post this stuff all the time and wonder why someone dinged you for trolling? Seriously?

It's because you're trolling.

There's another member on here who described the offense the same way.  Can't be trolling if multiple people see as it is.

Actually... there CAN be two trolls

I felt that Cole was underutilized all last year. I am excited to see if he can continue to take advantage of opportunities and get better.

Moncrief or we don't go to the playoffs

I think its clear as day that Moncrief is the man now.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~