Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wells played.... Well(s)....

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2018, 09:47 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Apparently he was pretty good against Atlanta. Also, thread title was stolen from a comment on this tweet. 

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...92417?s=19

But I also don't believe he saw time until the 2s
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's good news.

I'm still gonna need a lil more convincing to cure myself of this memory and others like it:

[Image: wellsFAil.gif]

(08-27-2018, 10:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's good news.

I'm still gonna need a lil more convincing to cure myself of this memory and others like it:

100% agree
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-27-2018, 10:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's good news.

I couldn't agree more. I think his performance might say more about the Falcons lack of a pass rush than it does about Wells blocking, because he was god-awful the previous 2 weeks.

Yeah a couple good quarters in the grand scheme of Wells' career thus far falls firmly in "blind squirrel" territory.

Wells isn't good, but he's par for the course for backup linemen in this league. He'll likely be our swing tackle once again.

The jury is still way out on this one. Wells got both our QB's killed a couple of times this preseason.
No pain, no gain.

Wells is a liability if he has to play meaningful minutes against a decent starting unit.

(08-27-2018, 09:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Apparently he was pretty good against Atlanta. Also, thread title was stolen from a comment on this tweet. 

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...92417?s=19

But I also don't believe he saw time until the 2s

A. J. Cann was the best offensive lineman in the Falcons' game. He really turned in an excellent performance and deserves much more appreciation than the dweebs give him. Watch the recording again. A. J. was sealing off extremely well on several long runs and was running interference for the screen plays like a true pro. He was 100% solid all night. 

Norwell was pretty close to the same dominant level.

BTW, Jaguars' defense held Matt Ryan to 5 of 12 for 57 yards AND sacked him 3 times for 9 yards lost. Bortles had a better passer rating than Ryan. (64.4 to 56.6)

I do feel, although I know it's just preseason, AJ Cann is the most improved player

(08-28-2018, 12:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do feel, although I know it's just preseason, AJ Cann is the most improved player

I'm cautiously optimistic. He played well in the preseason last year too, but when the season started, he was the weak link when it came to run blocking. I truly hope he has improved. We didn't draft anyone to replace him, so he's it.

I am most optimistic about Norwell. I think people will be surprised at how much he improves our running game.

Also, I am wondering, has this franchise ever had an All-Pro offensive guard? I can't think of one before now.

Wells -- Buy Low Sell High.

Highest graded Tackle in Week 3 of Preseason. You'd think we'd be able to trade him for a top WR.

(08-28-2018, 01:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I am most optimistic about Norwell.   I think people will be surprised at how much he improves our running game.  

Also, I am wondering, has this franchise ever had an All-Pro offensive guard?   I can't think of one before now.

We have not...
Jaguars All-Pros all time list includes 1 OL (Boselli x3) The only multiple 1st team all-pro selection
once each for MJD
Kevin hardy
and Calais 
Mathis and Ramsey
and Bryan Barker our punter from 97

Vince was no slouch.