Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Take Care Of My Light Work

If we could see what a dog smells small kids would ever get lost.

Hand a known piece of the lost child's garment to a police officer. He or she scans it in and sends the scent vapor spectral result to the police chopper. The chopper scans for a match and locates the child by scent vapor.

Tellers could active a scent scanner when being robbed. This is instantly relayed to police officers, who employ dash sensors as they patrol.

There's a brain out reading this. Take care of it for me. OK?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You need to pass once in a while.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-29-2018, 09:29 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: If we could see what a dog smells ...

In the grand scheme of "big ifs,"  that one is gargantuan. 

And yes, pass more often than you puff.

[Image: source.gif]

I...um...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Well now. A little lunch time puff puff.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I think every office building needs one of these so everyone knows which cubical the fart originated from.

And I thought percocet was scrambling my brain this last week. I think I have competition. Lol.

If we could see what a dog smells...

I'll take "Other dog's butts" for $200, Alex.

Well, this is...something...

Do you scoffers even lift? Seeing what a dog smells has been intriguing to scientists for at least a century. A dog's nose is 10,000 times more sensitive than ours.  Science has discovered a dog's sense of smell is so well-developed Rover can smell the difference between identical twins.

HUMAN SCENT AND ITS DETECTION

Spencer Tebrich

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-t...p_0001.htm

"Since every person appears to have a different odor, it could also lead to a technique for identifying individuals. A more visionary but still potential outcome of the study of human odor could be the development of a "mechanical dog," a device that would automatically detect the presence of an individual by his scent."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent Developments in Human Odor Detection Technologies Sichu Li

http://www.annexpublishers.co/articles/J...logies.pdf

"Technologies covered in this article include: various E-nose technologies; as well as gas chromatography integrated with mass spectrometry, ion mobility spectrometry, or other gas detectors. Other technologies will also be described such as optical sensors that have recently emerged for human odor detection, and the possibilities of exploiting absorbance spectroscopy and hyperspectral imaging."

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 06:40 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

[Image: stoner-thoughts-meme-8.jpg]

(08-30-2018, 06:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [Image: stoner-thoughts-meme-8.jpg]

Which ever language you learned sign language in!! Smile

Characteristic Human Scent Compounds Trapped on Natural and Synthetic Fabrics as analyzed by SPME-GC/MS PA Prada, AM Curran and KG Furton

http://www.annexpublishers.co/articles/J...E-GCMS.pdf

Information gathered from studying an individual’s VOC profile has many applications, including: the diagnosis of disease [11], cosmetic industry [12], mosquito attractant detection [13-16] as well as for biometric purposes in a forensic context [17]. Yet these studies have focused on elucidating the definition of body odor in different perspectives, the effect of fabric properties on odor collection and retention has not been fully exploited.

And THIS is why of all the things regulated in this world, reproduction should definitely be one of them.

(08-29-2018, 09:29 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: If we could see what a dog smells small kids would ever get lost.

Hand a known piece of the lost child's garment to a police officer. He or she scans it in and sends the scent vapor spectral result to the police chopper. The chopper scans for a match and locates the child by scent vapor.

Tellers could active a scent scanner when being robbed. This is instantly relayed to police officers, who employ dash sensors as they patrol.

There's a brain out reading this. Take care of it for me. OK?

So. What you're saying is that dogs have an amazing sense of smell? That's pretty cool. I mean, they're descendants of wolves as well. And various breeds have been used for various reasons. Such as hunting, guiding, guarding and partying. Dogs love to party. Just check this photo out for evidence. 

[Image: phSxLtPuOSPsnJF0obkh5A%2FA_Friend_in_Nee...olidge.jpg]

Look at that! Bunch of good boys up to bad things!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-30-2018, 03:28 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Do you scoffers even lift? Seeing what a dog smells has been intriguing to scientists for at least a century.
Then why are you trying to pass this idea off as your own?

(08-30-2018, 10:29 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 03:28 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Do you scoffers even lift? Seeing what a dog smells has been intriguing to scientists for at least a century.
Then why are you trying to pass this idea off as your own?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11608803]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-30-2018, 10:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 10:29 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Then why are you trying to pass this idea off as your own?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11608803]

There's been a lot of marijuana references to respond to this...
I've smoked a lot of pot... I'm not this 'special'.
Bill Gates smoked pot... he built a technological empire.
Just sayin'... don't blame the pot for JUNGLE CAT'S idiocy. It was apparently born that way... or smoked something much more dangerous, like Meth lol

I don't even have a sense of smell and never have so i can't relate.