Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Trump's criticism of AntiFA RACIST?

Check out this story on CNN: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018...om-vpx.cnn

I've heard some clap trap in my mind, but whose making antics out to be a "largely African American" group or that somehow that would make them immune to criticism.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's a brilliant strategy. Label the opposition racist and you can dismiss their every idea.

The flip side is those gentlemen must condone the actions of antifa.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-29-2018, 10:13 AM)copycat Wrote: The flip side is those gentlemen must condone the actions of antifa.

Hey now, I may not agree with their position but I'll defend to the death their right to break windows over it.

Or some such.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-29-2018, 09:43 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Check out this story on CNN: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018...om-vpx.cnn

I've heard some clap trap in my mind, but whose making antics out to be a "largely African American" group or that somehow that would make them immune to criticism.

Stopped reading at "CNN". AntiFA is a piece of [BLEEP] organization though. Just like the BLM movement and just like any other self proclaiming and Pro-White's Only hardcore based groups that seek to marginalize various groups of people while building up rickety Trojan horses to further divide our nation.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Check out this story at CNN is the quickest way to get someone to not click a link.
That being said...
The Trump is a racist thing has been pushed longer than the Russia thing and there still isn't much evidence to it.

IDK.... TDS is a strange condition.
Wonder if big pharma will have a pill out soon.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018, 01:20 PM by Adam2012.)

Donald's job, with the help of Fox, is to scare the elderly and to play the victim card. So far it's working.

When did the right wing become so soft?

(08-29-2018, 11:46 AM)Kane Wrote: Check out this story at CNN is the quickest way to get someone to not click a link.
That being said...
The Trump is a racist thing has been pushed longer than the Russia thing and there still isn't much evidence to it.

If you don't think Trump is a racist you don't know Donald's history.

Now, I don't blame you for ignoring his back story. It's embarrassing and would not reflect well on you.

Do some research - re the Central Park Five, Donald's father, the Birther Movement, and Donald's cynical use of the immigration issue.

It seems that racists don't think Donald is a racist. Imagine that. Are you seeking medication for TAS - (Trump Adoration Syndrome)? Some on here have it real bad.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(08-29-2018, 01:15 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Donald's job, with the help of Fox, is to scare the elderly and to play the victim card. So far it's working.

(08-29-2018, 11:46 AM)Kane Wrote: Check out this story at CNN is the quickest way to get someone to not click a link.
That being said...

Now, I don't blame you for ignoring his back story. It's embarrassing and would not reflect well on you.

Do some research - re the Central Park Five, Donald's father, the Birther Movement, and Donald's cynical use of the immigration issue.

It seems that racists don't think Donald is a racist. Imagine that. Are you seeking medication for TAS - (Trump Adoration Syndrome)? Some on here have it real bad.

First off, implying a board member a racist is worthy of a ban.

Trump was lauded by Jessie Jackson among other black leaders. I doubt that would be the case if Trump was a racist.

Of your four examples:

1) Donald is not his father, so it's a pathetic reach to ascribe his father's beliefs to him.
2) The Birther movement was started by Hillary and became an issue only because Obama refused to authorize the release of his birth certificate. There is also the belief that Obama claimed to be Nigerian at Harvard (Obama's college records have never been released). In any case the birther movement has nothing to do with Obama's race. There were also claims that McCain and Cruz did not qualify because they were born outside the 50 states.
3) "The immigration issue" is also not about race. Nationality is not race.
4) I'm guessing "the Central Park Five" was about alleged discrimination in renting. Donald Trump was not the one who put the apartments up for rent, he was a figurehead overseeing that and many other minor businesses for his father. Even if you want to ignore the fact that there was never any finding of discrimination and assign all of the blame on Donald, it was 40 years ago. What were you like 40 years ago?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 12:46 PM by Kane.)

(08-29-2018, 01:15 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Donald's job, with the help of Fox, is to scare the elderly and to play the victim card. So far it's working.

That being said...

LOL
Why would Trump being racist not reflect well on me? I didn't vote for the guy.
The Birther movement was pretty silly. Not sure it was a racist one though. The "immigration issue" as you call isn't a race thing it's an economic and societal issue. Where many non racist whites think it should be fixed aggressively.
I don't know if Trump is a racist. But I certainly can't say for sure like all you freak-a-zoids do. (I don't speak in absolutes I can't prove)(i.e. Trump's a racist, all Trump supporters are racist)
I don't adore the guy... but feel free to keep throwing poo hoping something sticks. I agree with a lot of his policies, and some I disagree with. I've said many times over the dude is an [BLEEP]... I just don't care that he's an [BLEEP] hurting a bunch of people's feelings.
Probably cuz I'm an [BLEEP].
But... definitely not a racist. I dislike illegal Canadians as much as illegal Hispanics.

(08-29-2018, 07:42 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

First off, implying a board member a racist is worthy of a ban.

Trump was lauded by Jessie Jackson among other black leaders. I doubt that would be the case if Trump was a racist.

Of your four examples:

1) Donald is not his father, so it's a pathetic reach to ascribe his father's beliefs to him.
2) The Birther movement was started by Hillary and became an issue only because Obama refused to authorize the release of his birth certificate. There is also the belief that Obama claimed to be Nigerian at Harvard (Obama's college records have never been released). In any case the birther movement has nothing to do with Obama's race. There were also claims that McCain and Cruz did not qualify because they were born outside the 50 states.
4) I'm guessing "the Central Park Five" was about alleged discrimination in renting. Donald Trump was not the one who put the apartments up for rent, he was a figurehead overseeing that and many other minor businesses for his father. Even if you want to ignore the fact that there was never any finding of discrimination and assign all of the blame on Donald, it was 40 years ago. What were you like 40 years ago?

lol ... I guess you are all for free speech as long as you agree with it. Otherwise ...

I never said (or implied) that anyone here is a racist. Show me such a post. I will say that Trump supporters don't seem to mind that Donald is a racist.

I see that you don't even know Donald's background, yet you defend the guy. I guess love is blind.

Nice dodge on the Birther Movement. If you won't even admit that that issue is what made Donald known politically you must really be embarrassed for him. But nice try.

The Central Park Five has nothing to do with rent. It has to do with Donald trying to curry favor with some white people in New York by being a racist regarding black men being falsely accused of a crime. He has a long history. Look it up and learn about how sleazy he is.

Donald was partners with his father. They were both charged. I get a get out of jail card by saying I was just a figurehead and it was forty years ago? Cool. I'm sure you apply the same standards to leftist politicians as well.

If you don't think the immigration issue isn't used as a racist dog whistle you haven't read any alt-right literature.

You can obviously support whomever you wish, but it says as much about you as it does Donald. It's not like there weren't more than ten other Republicans to choose from - all across the right wing spectrum. Why select the racist sleaze?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Much like Gunny Hartman, you are all equally worthless in my eyes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-29-2018, 10:13 AM)copycat Wrote: It's a brilliant strategy.  Label the opposition racist and you can dismiss their every idea.

Brilliant? How about hackneyed. It’s been the mainstay of their playbook for the last 40 years. A large contributor to their raging outbursts is the fact that their worn out tactics don’t work anymore. With the MSM emasculated and the weaponized government bureaucracies exposed, they’ve turned into vicious cornered animals who have no option but to keep using old predictable tricks.

(08-30-2018, 01:59 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 07:42 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: First off, implying a board member a racist is worthy of a ban.

Of your four examples:

lol ... I guess you are all for free speech as long as you agree with it. Otherwise ...

I never said (or implied) that anyone here is a racist. Show me such a post. I will say that Trump supporters don't seem to mind that Donald is a racist.

I see that you don't even know Donald's background, yet you defend the guy. I guess love is blind.

Nice dodge on the Birther Movement. If you won't even admit that that issue is what made Donald known politically you must really be embarrassed for him. But nice try.

The Central Park Five has nothing to do with rent. It has to do with Donald trying to curry favor with some white people in New York by being a racist regarding black men being falsely accused of a crime. He has a long history. Look it up and learn about how sleazy he is.

Donald was partners with his father. They were both charged. I get a get out of jail card by saying I was just a figurehead and it was forty years ago? Cool. I'm sure you apply the same standards to leftist politicians as well.

If you don't think the immigration issue isn't used as a racist dog whistle you haven't read any alt-right literature.

You can obviously support whomever you wish, but it says as much about you as it does Donald. It's not like there weren't more than ten other Republicans to choose from - all across the right wing spectrum. Why select the racist sleaze?

Implying that board members are racist is exactly what you did. Read your own message.

Quote:If you don't think Trump is a racist you don't know Donald's history.

When you use the term "dog whistle" it shows how you pathetically parrot the Leftist mantra.

The Birther movement was not about race, and while Donald may have commented on his beliefs there, that didn't make him "politically known." He was famous long before Hillary even invented the Birther thing. I personally never heard about his opinion on that subject until he ran for president and the Leftist media starting writing about it.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 12:37 PM by Kane.)

That being said...

It seems that racists don't think Donald is a racist. Imagine that.

(08-30-2018, 01:59 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 07:42 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: First off, implying a board member a racist is worthy of a ban.

Of your four examples:

If you aren't saying it... You are certainly implying it.

(08-30-2018, 03:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 10:13 AM)copycat Wrote: It's a brilliant strategy.  Label the opposition racist and you can dismiss their every idea.

Brilliant? How about hackneyed. It’s been the mainstay of their playbook for the last 40 years. A large contributor to their raging outbursts is the fact that their worn out tactics don’t work anymore. With the MSM emasculated and the weaponized government bureaucracies exposed, they’ve turned into vicious cornered animals who have no option but to keep using old predictable tricks.

And it has worked for 40 plus years, brilliant.  As for the current trend we shall see.  It this backlash going to be long term or just a blip?  Time will tell.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.