Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler's Future

Most everyone assumes the Jags will move on from Fowler after this season barring some unforeseen injury or roster shake-up along the D-Line. 

Still, he's got plenty to prove to his next team after a league suspension and a team suspension this offseason. 

FWIW - he seems to be steering the ship toward a smoother tack compared to the presser he endured following the league suspension. 

Quote:“This year’s really just to show people I’m a franchise player,” Fowler said. “I know I can do that on the field. I just have to show people the past – my three years, that learning experience, that chapter – is over. It’s about being a professional, being a grown man and just being the player I want to be. What will my legacy be?

“I know the production I’ll have. I’ll be ready when I go out there, but it’s really just about character issues.”
While I have no idea if this represents a real shift in attitude for the young man - 
Here's hoping he turns in a season that makes the Jags think long and hard about retaining him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Personally, I like the guy. But his immaturity at times really shows. I mean, there has to be a reason they suspended him and not Yannick. I hope he destroys it this year and we can bring him back. But the dumb penalties and acting up is still recent; so I'm not sure anyone really believes that right now.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Unless he hits double digit sacks and turns into Jevon Kearse in his prime this season I don't see the front office retaining him. But I like the kid as well. He showed a lot of heart in that AFCC game. He managed to get Brady 2.5 times. I would love nothing more than to see this kid and Bortles help our team win our city a Championship.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2018, 06:01 PM by Upper.)

He's been saying this stuff about maturing and being a professional for a long time now. I'm still waiting for his actions to catch up with his mouth.

(08-29-2018, 06:01 PM)Upper Wrote: He's been saying this stuff about maturing and being a professional for a long time now. I'm still waiting for his actions to catch up with his mouth.

But he didn't go to jail!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-29-2018, 06:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 06:01 PM)Upper Wrote: He's been saying this stuff about maturing and being a professional for a long time now. I'm still waiting for his actions to catch up with his mouth.

But he didn't go to jail!

LOL

That rubbed me the wrong way so badly. 
Yay!! You, didn't go to jail this summer, Dante!! Here's a friggin cookie!!

(08-29-2018, 06:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 06:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: But he didn't go to jail!

LOL

TBH, in today’s NFL that really is an accomplishment.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-29-2018, 06:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 06:11 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: But he didn't go to jail!

LOL

And then he took what had been a tough but clean training camp and within two days off being off PUP caused a string of fights that got himself and Ramsey suspended for a week and Yannick led off by the hand by Dave Caldwell. Just a wreck.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 10:36 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(08-30-2018, 10:32 AM)El DIABLO Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 10:28 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We need high character players like Derek Cox and Chris Prosinski in our secondary.

is he good yes maybe the best i was just raised to respect the game and the opponent. just cause he plays for my fav team i should like him no. R.Sherman is made from same mold and i bet most on this site hate that guy.

Before Bouye and Ramsey, I would have take Sherman here in a heartbeat

Trash talk is literally part of the game. Most of the greats were trash talkers in there day.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 01:18 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Well, you're entitled to your wrong opinion.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-30-2018, 11:11 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well, you're entitled to you're wrong opinion.

yes i am ty for agreeing on that point im really not trying to troll i love the jags they mean alot to me. just my thoughts didnt mean to offend anyone.

(08-30-2018, 11:13 AM)El DIABLO Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 11:11 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well, you're entitled to you're wrong opinion.

yes i am ty for agreeing on that point im really not trying to troll i love the jags they mean alot to me. just my thoughts didnt mean to offend anyone.

It's fine. Hot takes are allowed here. As long as you can take a bit of ridicule.

There's needs to be a stupid/talented scale like the hot/crazy girl scale from How I Met Your Mother.

Ramsey is very high up the stupid scale, but even higher up the talented scale, so you deal with it. Fowler is also very high up the stupid scale, but not nearly as high on the talented scale, so we are most likely not going to deal with it once his contract runs out.

(08-30-2018, 12:55 PM)Upper Wrote: There's needs to be a stupid/talented scale like the hot/crazy girl scale from How I Met Your Mother.

Ramsey is very high up the stupid scale, but even higher up the talented scale, so you deal with it. Fowler is also very high up the stupid scale, but not nearly as high on the talented scale, so we are most likely not going to deal with it once his contract runs out.

LOL

Yeah. True, however Ramsey's brand of stupid  pales in comparison to Fowler's particular style of stupidity. 
Heretofore, anyway.

(08-30-2018, 12:55 PM)Upper Wrote: There's needs to be a stupid/talented scale like the hot/crazy girl scale from How I Met Your Mother.

So instead of the "Vicky Mendoza Diagonal" is it the Dante Fowler Line?

Gets arrested
Has 8 sacks in part time
Gets kicked out of practice
Hopefully has 10 sacks
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-30-2018, 01:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

So instead of the "Vicky Mendoza Diagonal" is it the Dante Fowler Line?

Gets arrested
Has 8 sacks in part time
Hopefully has 10 sacks

As of now I would nominate it being called the Josh Gordon line.

(08-30-2018, 03:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 01:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: So instead of the "Vicky Mendoza Diagonal" is it the Dante Fowler Line?

Gets arrested
Has 8 sacks in part time
Hopefully has 10 sacks

That's a good one for sure.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2018, 04:09 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Great take. I couldn't agree more. While Ramsey's mouth frustrates me to no end, he is super talented and he stays out of trouble off the field. In today's NFL, that's an accomplishment. I can easily put up with his antics. In the case of Fowler, he is talented, but he's done some really shady things off the field and he can't even keep from getting into fights with his own teammates. He's buried on the depth chart behind Yannick and Campbell and he's gonna cost us a ton after next year, so I'm either content to trade him for good value and if that can't be done, let him walk at the end of the season.

(08-30-2018, 03:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 01:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: So instead of the "Vicky Mendoza Diagonal" is it the Dante Fowler Line?

Gets arrested
Has 8 sacks in part time
Hopefully has 10 sacks

So we'd have the Blackmon High Point on the Gordon Scale?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I just don’t see how you can let go a 10 sack player. I remember when we couldn’t find a pass rusher to save our lives.

Guys like Aaron Kaumpman, Greg Favors, Paul Spicer, Reggie Hayward, etc.

Fowler has done more than any of those guys while missing his rookie season. 2.5 sacks against the Patriots. That’s big time. He scored a TD and should have had another against the Browns.

This guy is a playmaker and a game changer.

Have we honestly reached a point where “hmmmm, nah we can just let this guy go...he only gave us 10 sacks”

Maybe it becomes a number game with our Dline costing too much. But I’d give up Jackson and Dareus to keep Fowler. That’s just me. DE are hard to come by.