Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler's Future

It makes me sick that we'd let someone with his talent--someone we drafted--walk.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-16-2018, 08:15 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: agreed, we need to find a way to keep all our D-line, start talking to them now about building a dynasty, and that we want to pay them like they deserve, but if each takes just a little less, we can maybe keep them all

we are fine at RB without high priced guys, same at WR

Lol, yeah

Offer him $7m a year

Add $1m for every time he makes a big play
Take away $1m every time he does something dumb.

(09-16-2018, 08:22 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Offer him $7m a year

Add $1m for every time he makes a big play
Take away $1m every time he does something dumb.

Dude's getting 4 years 60 mil. Y'all need to put the pipes away immediately.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We still trading him? 

Or maybe we can use him.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 08:35 PM by homebiscuit.)

(09-16-2018, 08:15 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: agreed, we need to find a way to keep all our D-line, start talking to them now about building a dynasty, and that we want to pay them like they deserve, but if each takes just a little less, we can maybe keep them all

we are fine at RB without high priced guys, same at WR

Paraphrasing Vic Ketchman, get over the hokey perception that teams are a collective. In reality it's a locker room full of independent contractors. Money, and only money, talks.

Considering we missed CC on a lot of plays today and Fowler played well, coukd the option if cutting CC and keeping Fowler be in play?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Upper gonna say other players pressure are the ones that caused Fowler to get to the QB. It's never Fowler lol

He’s gone after this year.

Yan is better and will be the pass rusher to get paid.

Happy he is playing so well but he is still a backup, if we signed him to some huge extension then we are probably getting rid of Dareus, Malik, and Cambell.....so I will pass on that

lmao, this team is all in for a superbowl, we are not trading a playmaking DE...

we may end up losing him, but we are not trading him in our super bowl run, just stop

I like Fowler but I can't see us matching what he'll get elsewhere

(09-16-2018, 08:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Upper gonna say other players pressure are the ones that caused Fowler to get to the QB.  It's never Fowler lol

Or he'll just completely ignore every Fowler thread/topic for a little bit now.

(09-16-2018, 08:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Considering we missed CC on a lot of plays today and Fowler played well, coukd the option if cutting CC and keeping Fowler be in play?

It has to be if we want to keep Fowler. Also, a DT needs to go as well. I'd pick Dareus and Cambell in order to keep our young core players on defense. Plus, Jack will be paid handsomely. It's going to be an interesting upcoming offseason,  that's for sure.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(09-16-2018, 08:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Considering we missed CC on a lot of plays today and Fowler played well, coukd the option if cutting CC and keeping Fowler be in play?

I'd consider and I'd feel pretty good about it if Taven develops through the season.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 11:37 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-16-2018, 08:37 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: lmao, this team is all in for a superbowl, we are not trading a playmaking DE...

we may end up losing him, but we are not trading him in our super bowl run, just stop

If he has a monster year and we get first round offers, you wanna keep him and only get a 3rd round compensatory pick in return? That's ludicrous!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 11:41 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

If you guys can figure a realistic way to keep him without having to cut important players on the defense, I'm all for it. Good luck!  Wink

(09-16-2018, 08:33 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: We still trading him? 

Or maybe we can use him.

Don't worry, the next time he gets an offsides penalty people will be screaming to trade him again.

That strip-sack-fumble is the exact reason we drafted Fowler. Those situations where we need a fresh DE to make a play during a critical down

If we got rid of big FA money guys like Jackson and Cambpell next year, I think we could keep all 4 (Yan, Fowler, Ramsey and Jack). Dareus is just too important on early downs to let him go, and Bryan should be able to fill in for Campbell in some capacity, those are big shoes to fill though.

If Bryan becomes serviceable over this season, I think Campbell, Darues, and Jackson become expendable for obvious reasons and chances are you are only going to be able to keep one if you plan to keep your drafted stars. I think darues would be the cheapest to keep/convince to restructure his deal. Whoever is willing to re-do their contract will stay, the rest will be let go.