Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A.J. McCarron

Is a bum. Did you see those numbers against players who wont be on a roster next week. Show yourself jungle cat.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Woah 13 of 34......OUCH

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 12:55 PM by Kane.)

I dunno bout JC... (who is a troll of the worst kind, I think)
But I actually was pro McCarron. Coming out of college, as a trade rumor, and as a FA possibility this offseason.

I was wrong... but more importantly I'm glad that our front office knew I was wrong. lol (It seems I was also wrong about McCarron starting for Buffalo this season)

Some hot McCarron takes here:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=27064

Raiders have traded for QB AJ McCarron

The Raiders will send a fifth-round pick in 2019 to the Bills for McCarron, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter

Laughing

(09-01-2018, 04:23 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Raiders have traded for QB AJ McCarron

The Raiders will send a fifth-round pick in 2019 to the Bills for McCarron, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter

Laughing

Big Grin
Gruden...

AJ Brady now on his 3rd team lol.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I have yet to view the Bills' pre-season finale. It's scheduled to DVR soon.

I finally got a DVR recorded. It was a lousy Bears' feed with all the fluffy crud you get with the NFL morning show.

Ignoring that, I did find McCarron to be healthy. There was no indication of a clavicle problem which the Bills were alleging he had. It makes sense that the Raiders traded for A. J. sans passing a physical.

The Bills offense was sloppy. They were in pretty bad shape early. 

McCarron forced a short out which the Bears pick six'd. Other than that McCarron showed fine arm talent. He completed a vast number of footballs twenty yards or more. He is perhaps the most pin-point accurate passer in the NFL from beyond twenty-five yards or more. Time and time again he was putting the ball on his deep threat receiver with relative ease. None of the deep route runners appeared to have exceptional hands. Most all of the balls A. J. threw deep were on target and catchable. One or two did whiz left leading the WR out of bounds.

McCarron's poise and classy approach was evident enough. He worked the officials like a real veteran QB. While Bears' defenders were raining down blow after blow on A. J. he never shook his head, never lost his composure. At one point very late in the game, McCarron scrambled right and ended up tumbling into the Bills sideline. It was terrific to see his team mates picking him up and dusting him off. A. J. fed off that for the rest of the game-winning drive.

When A. J. was given decent protection he picked the Bears apart.  He came out a winner and has nothing to be ashamed about.

Gruden delivered a fifth rounder to the Bills for McCarron. With Amari Cooper on the Raiders' roster, it will be interesting to see how long it takes McCarron to get the nod.

Lmao. Pure gold.

(09-02-2018, 04:28 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: I finally got a DVR recorded. It was a lousy Bears' feed with all the fluffy crud you get with the NFL morning show.

Ignoring that, I did find McCarron to be healthy. There was no indication of a clavicle problem which the Bills were alleging he had. It makes sense that the Raiders traded for A. J. sans passing a physical.

The Bills offense was sloppy. They were in pretty bad shape early. 

McCarron forced a short out which the Bears pick six'd. Other than that McCarron showed fine arm talent. He completed a vast number of footballs twenty yards or more. He is perhaps the most pin-point accurate passer in the NFL from beyond twenty-five yards or more. Time and time again he was putting the ball on his deep threat receiver with relative ease. None of the deep route runners appeared to have exceptional hands. Most all of the balls A. J. threw deep were on target and catchable. One or two did whiz left leading the WR out of bounds.

McCarron's poise and classy approach was evident enough. He worked the officials like a real veteran QB. While Bears' defenders were raining down blow after blow on A. J. he never shook his head, never lost his composure. At one point very late in the game, McCarron scrambled right and ended up tumbling into the Bills sideline. It was terrific to see his team mates picking him up and dusting him off. A. J. fed off that for the rest of the game-winning drive.

When A. J. was given decent protection he picked the Bears apart.  He came out a winner and has nothing to be ashamed about.

Gruden delivered a fifth rounder to the Bills for McCarron. With Amari Cooper on the Raiders' roster, it will be interesting to see how long it takes McCarron to get the nod.
McCarron is not going to start over Derek Carr. Quit trying to make McCarron happen cuz he’s not happening.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

38% comp

(09-02-2018, 07:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 38% comp

Against players who aren’t even going to be in the league no less.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Raiders this offseason :

-Trade away a good punter (King)
-Trade Khalil Mack, future HOFer in his prime, and a 2nd rd pick.
-Trade a 5th round pick for AJ McCarron
-Cut Martavis Bryant (Who they traded a 3rd rounder for)
-Cut Connor Cook (Who they traded up for)
-Cut 2nd round pick Mario Edwards Jr.

[Image: norris-LARGE.gif]

McCarron won the game. He survives and advances.

Stats were meant to be broken.

(09-02-2018, 07:27 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Raiders this offseason :

Meh, new coach means new team.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-02-2018, 09:15 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

McCarron won the game. He survives and advances.

Stats were meant to be broken.

AJ, would you please stop posting here.  You are just not that good, accept it.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Stupid, stupid, stupid Gator fans knocking A. J. McCarron of Alabama out of pure jealousy. You are the TOP REASON the Jaguars have been SSOOOOOO misguided for the past several decades. 

Why not go back to Gainesville where you belong!?!?! ...and never mind stepping over all the dead bodies...they belong to Aaron Hernandez, Tebow's favorite target.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018...e_got.html

Jon Gruden: 'We feel like we got better at the quarterback position' with AJ McCarron

"He had been in Cincinnati with Paul Guenther, our defensive coordinator," Gruden said. "I've been impressed with him when he was put in some tough spots in a playoff drive on a very good football team. He went in there and did some very good things.

"Got signed by Buffalo. I think he got a big signing bonus. Things didn't work out. He's young, he's got some playing experience in big games, and we've got a lot of intelligence on him. (Oakland defensive-backs coach) Derrick Ansley was with him in Alabama. I had him on my little episode; I got to know AJ. And Paul Guenther was with him on a daily basis. So we feel like we got better at the quarterback position, and we've got to prove that, too."

"Hopefully, Derek stays healthy," Gruden said. "That's No. 1. But we have to fast-track AJ. He's in here now working with (quarterbacks coach) Brian Callahan, and he'll be a consistent visitor here at this facility for the next few weeks. He's got a lot of catching up to do, and we'll try to fast-track him the best way we can. 

(09-02-2018, 07:27 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Raiders this offseason :

Lol, that used to be us!

All hail Coughlin!

(09-03-2018, 04:25 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Stupid, stupid, stupid Gator fans knocking A. J. McCarron of Alabama out of pure jealousy. You are the TOP REASON the Jaguars have been SSOOOOOO misguided for the past several decades. 

Why not go back to Gainesville where you belong!?!?! ...and never mind stepping over all the dead bodies...they belong to Aaron Hernandez, Tebow's favorite target.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018...e_got.html

Jon Gruden: 'We feel like we got better at the quarterback position' with AJ McCarron

"He had been in Cincinnati with Paul Guenther, our defensive coordinator," Gruden said. "I've been impressed with him when he was put in some tough spots in a playoff drive on a very good football team. He went in there and did some very good things.

"Got signed by Buffalo. I think he got a big signing bonus. Things didn't work out. He's young, he's got some playing experience in big games, and we've got a lot of intelligence on him. (Oakland defensive-backs coach) Derrick Ansley was with him in Alabama. I had him on my little episode; I got to know AJ. And Paul Guenther was with him on a daily basis. So we feel like we got better at the quarterback position, and we've got to prove that, too."

"Hopefully, Derek stays healthy," Gruden said. "That's No. 1. But we have to fast-track AJ. He's in here now working with (quarterbacks coach) Brian Callahan, and he'll be a consistent visitor here at this facility for the next few weeks. He's got a lot of catching up to do, and we'll try to fast-track him the best way we can. 

What's so funny is how you're gushing today about the guy who is going to use your hero like a teenaged boy's tube sock, just like did all his other quarterbacks, then you'll post how awful he is in two years when AJ is out of the league because of it. Of course that will be the Jacksonville media's fault too, at least in your fevered imagination..
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato