Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pats Thin at OL?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-practice/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2018, 03:44 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-03-2018, 01:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-practice/

Well, we'll find out week one. Houston has one of the best DLs/front 7's in the league.

Maybe we'll soften them up for y'all.  Wink

(09-03-2018, 03:43 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 01:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-practice/

Well, we'll find out week one. Houston has one of the best DLs/front 7's in the league.

Delusions of Grandeur, you have a call on the white courtesy phone.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-03-2018, 03:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 03:43 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Well, we'll find out week one. Houston has one of the best DLs/front 7's in the league.

What's delusions of grandeur?

(09-03-2018, 04:36 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 03:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Delusions of Grandeur, you have a call on the white courtesy phone.

What's delusions of grandeur?

Exactly
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(09-03-2018, 03:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 03:43 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Well, we'll find out week one. Houston has one of the best DLs/front 7's in the league.

Do the Texans not have one of the better front 7s in the league when healthy, or do they not have a chance to soften up the Pats?

Man, thin at OL and then open against a healthy Houston DL followed right up by the Jax DL....

Sorry Brady. Well, not really.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-03-2018, 06:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 03:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Delusions of Grandeur, you have a call on the white courtesy phone.

Do the Texans not have one of the better front 7s in the league when healthy, or do they not have a chance to soften up the Pats?

Best front 7s in the NFL? Nah.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 01:07 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-03-2018, 11:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 06:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Do the Texans not have one of the better front 7s in the league when healthy, or do they not have a chance to soften up the Pats?

Well this guy disagrees with your "expert" opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patriotswir...eek-1/amp/

For Christ's sake, they sacked Brady 5 times last season without Watt (who's been moving around and blowing offensive lineman up like pre-injury Watt since his back got another year off to heal due to a leg injury).. and that was when they had Nate Solder, not the island of misfits they'll be trotting out this season.

They have the best LBer core in this division and even though they're a 3-4 team (3 down lineman) they kept 8 defensive lineman on the roster, because they didn't want to expose a really good player to the waiver wire. It's the most talented and deepest Dline they've had here. Jadeveon Clowney will also have his hand in the dirt the majority of the time this season and then you have the emergence of D.J. Reader in the middle, who's become one of the top NTs in the league.

Houston's front seven is the strength of their team this season and is one of the best. Didn't say "the best" (we'll see how that plays out), but it certainly is one of the best in the NFL.

(09-03-2018, 11:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 06:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Do the Texans not have one of the better front 7s in the league when healthy, or do they not have a chance to soften up the Pats?

I didn't say best.  

But they do have one of the best, even if Watt never gets back to where he was.

20th ranked defense last year. Until they actually play it is merely speculation.

(09-03-2018, 06:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

If Watt is 100% they easily do.

(09-04-2018, 07:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 20th ranked defense last year. Until they actually play it is merely speculation.

After injuries and a Verbal defense where the secondary was allowing receivers run freely.

The year before they were #1 with health and Crennel. (And that was without Watt)

(09-04-2018, 01:05 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 11:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Best front 7s in the NFL? Nah.

Well this guy disagrees with your "expert" opinion.

For Christ's sake, they sacked Brady 5 times last season without Watt (who's been moving around and blowing offensive lineman up like pre-injury Watt since his back got another year off to heal due to a leg injury).. and that was when they had Nate Solder, not the island of misfits they'll be trotting out this season.

They have the best LBer core in this division and even though they're a 3-4 team (3 down lineman) they kept 8 defensive lineman on the roster, because they didn't want to expose a really good player to the waiver wire. It's the most talented and deepest Dline they've had here. Jadeveon Clowney will also have his hand in the dirt the majority of the time this season and then you have the emergence of D.J. Reader in the middle, who's become one of the top NTs in the league.

Houston's front seven is the strength of their team this season and is one of the best. Didn't say "the best" (we'll see how that plays out), but it certainly is one of the best in the NFL.

I feel like every year you watch them is the most talented and deepest group you've ever seen.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 06:18 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-04-2018, 05:33 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 01:05 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Well this guy disagrees with your "expert" opinion.

I feel like every year you watch them is the most talented and deepest group you've ever seen.

Not really, in previous years it was just mainly Watt upfront (Vince Wilfork was the previous best that he played with and he was on his last leg when he got here..Antonio Smith was okay for a couple of seasons). Now we have other pieces and I got that "deepest ever" from Anthony Weaver who played here in Houston and now coaches the defensive line.

Quote:“This is probably the deepest group that I’ve coached in my seven years back in the National Football League,” Weaver said. “That’s a credit to our scouting staff, (general manager) Brian Gaine (and) all those guys who bring those guys in. They brought in some really good football players. Now, the unfortunate part of that though is that it’s a very competitive group and the likelihood is that a good football player is going to get let go. But, they’ll all get better as a result.”

http://www.register-herald.com/sports/te...63ef7.html

But again, they didn't "let that good football player go" and decided to keep 8 lineman despite having a 3 man front. (Possible trade in the future who knows)

But let's get back on track.. I simply responded about our front 7 after another posted scoffed at the idea that it is one of the best in the league. This thread is about Brady's questionable Oline. I simply think that they're going to have to run the gauntlet right out of the gate in weeks 1 and 2. The Patriots are going to know right off the bat what kind of offensive line they'll have this season..that's all I'm saying.

(09-04-2018, 06:17 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 05:33 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I feel like every year you watch them is the most talented and deepest group you've ever seen.

Not really, in previous years it was just mainly Watt upfront (Vince Wilfork was the previous best that he played with and he was on his last leg when he got here..Antonio Smith was okay for a couple of seasons). Now we have other pieces and I got that "deepest ever" from Anthony Weaver who played here in Houston and now coaches the defensive line.

Quote:“This is probably the deepest group that I’ve coached in my seven years back in the National Football League,” Weaver said. “That’s a credit to our scouting staff, (general manager) Brian Gaine (and) all those guys who bring those guys in. They brought in some really good football players. Now, the unfortunate part of that though is that it’s a very competitive group and the likelihood is that a good football player is going to get let go. But, they’ll all get better as a result.”

But again, they didn't "let that good football player go" and decided to keep 8 lineman despite having a 3 man front. (Possible trade in the future who knows)

But let's get back on track.. I simply responded about our front 7 after another posted scoffed at the idea that it is one of the best in the league. This thread is about Brady's questionable Oline. I simply think that they're going to have to run the gauntlet right out of the gate in weeks 1 and 2. The Patriots are going to know right off the bat what kind of offensive line they'll have this season..that's all I'm saying.

I love how you guzzle the Coachspeak.

(09-04-2018, 07:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 06:17 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Not really, in previous years it was just mainly Watt upfront (Vince Wilfork was the previous best that he played with and he was on his last leg when he got here..Antonio Smith was okay for a couple of seasons). Now we have other pieces and I got that "deepest ever" from Anthony Weaver who played here in Houston and now coaches the defensive line.

I love how you guzzle the Coachspeak.
I have two eyes and have followed this team since day 1 and see the talent up front too.

What I love is how you never come up with any legitimate rubbutal to anything I have said other than your wishful thinking that "Houston doesn't have one of the best front 7s in the NFL".

(09-04-2018, 07:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 20th ranked defense last year. Until they actually play it is merely speculation.

Wouldn't go that far.

They lost people to injury last year-Watt and Mercilus, among others.

Even assuming Watt isn't the guy he was, Mercilus has produced a double digit sack season and Clowney has made two straight pro bowls and had 9.5 sacks last year.

Reader is a very good NT, and they have two really good young ILBs in McKinney and Cunningham.

That front 7 is legit.