Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nike & Colin Kaepernick

What is Nike doing here? Does anybody believe CK sacrificed anything? Has CK done his part to be added to the likes of Muhammad Ali and Rosa Parks?

What people aren't talking about is how the great Blaine Gabbert caused all of this for being so damn good and beating CK out for his starting job.

[Image: kaepernick-socks-cops-08-31-16.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Haven't bought their crap in decades anyway, so I'm pretty sure they won't face any backlash from their target audience.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 09:08 AM by mikesez.)

I think it's ironic that Nike supplies most (maybe all?) NFL jerseys and they also sponsor Kaepernick now.
I do think, as a player, Colin deserves another chance, but I don't know if he'll be able to make that case in court. NFL teams should never collude to lock out an unpopular player unless they first go through the disciplinary processes described in the collective bargaining agreement. But can Colin prove that they're locking him out? I also question Colin's sincerity, not about his political opinions, but about playing. Does he really want to play again?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I'm sure Nike knows exactly what they're doing.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 09:57 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Re: Nike - I don't get it.

Also, regarding Colin being afforded another chance; it sounds like he was given opportunities but refused to take back-up money and was not guaranteed a starting position.

(09-04-2018, 09:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Re: Nike - I don't get it.

Also, regarding Colin being afforded another chance; it sounds like he was given opportunities but refused to take back-up money and was not guaranteed a starting position.

He didn't want to play so he found another income stream. Funny to see a guy who stands on the shoulders of Che and Castro being willingly complacent in the Capitalist's abuse of the Proletariat and the fools in the Ghettos laud him as their salvation.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-04-2018, 08:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Haven't bought their crap in decades anyway, so I'm pretty sure they won't face any backlash from their target audience.

I’m conflicted. I’m a big fan of Nike Dri-Fit items and participating in childish boycotts was never my thing. Come on, Nike, don’t do this to me.

Their stock has already fallen 3%

THis is what NIKE should have done

[Image: PTNike.jpg]
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(09-04-2018, 10:40 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Their stock has already fallen 3%
Lol so did Adidas and Puma. Also Kaep related or nah?

Loving all these people burning their Nike or cutting off the Nike symbol on their socks. That'll show'em!

(09-04-2018, 10:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 10:40 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Their stock has already fallen 3%
Lol so did Adidas and Puma. Also Kaep related or nah?

Loving all these people burning their Nike or cutting off the Nike symbol on their socks. That'll show'em!

People get way too invested in this stuff. There seems to be no more respectful disagreement. We all MUST do something to show our objection.

So what exactly is Kaep doing for Nike? Is he holding the whip to make sure all of those children working in the sweat shops churning out sneakers don't take a bathroom break?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 11:34 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

Losses of over $4 billion since the ad campaign began.
Does Nike believe their own bovinex? They are sacrificing everything for Kaep's girlfriend's uninformed opinions.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 11:42 AM by Caldrac.)

I don't really understand this move from NIKE. I don't really care what they stand for nor get behind. But it is kind of funny how they'll showcase Kaepernick now as some type of hero when he hasn't been on a football field for nearly two years. He's no longer a star athlete. He's an activist. Why would NIKE cast their selves into his lot and in such a role at this level?

It's especially hilarious when you consider that NIKE is standing behind a man who seeks equality and justice for black people but NIKE in turn uses cheap child labor overseas in other countries to produce their products and reap massive benefits and profits for it. Double standard much?

As far as profits. White people make up the majority of our country's population. Who do you think keeps them in business the most consistently here in the US? After everything that's happened over this nonsense with the NFL you really think this was a great business decision?

I am so tired of this nonsense. Kaepernick's moves that he made on and off the field a few years ago were sensationalized during a time where it appeared many unarmed black suspects were being killed unjustly. I get that. BUT.... Meanwhile you had plenty of other people going through the same exact situations and yet it gets brushed under the rug time after time.

Never thought I would personally say this. But I am reaching that point to where I am just about ready to wash my hands completely from all major sports that cannot help themselves by getting overly involved in politics when they themselves aren't really the squeaky clean corporations that provide perfect people to really be out here preaching this and preaching that. We've come along way since Emmett Till, lynches and hanging trees in this country. It was a dark period in our country's foundation and it's history. But when will the sins of our founding fathers be let go and no longer passed down to it's son's and daughter's? When will the perpetual cycle of self inflicted victimhood end?

These generations out here crying about everything have ZERO [BLEEP] clue how much better they've got it in today's America. ZERO clue. But nobody wants to hear that. Nobody wants to hear men like Larry Elder and Jim Brown REALLY tell you the truth. Nope. We can't have that narrative openly in the MSM. Doesn't fit the divide and conquer narrative that's been in place for decades now. Nope... can't have that.

Over this [BLEEP].
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-04-2018, 11:33 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Losses of over $4 billion since the ad campaign began.
Does Nike believe their own bovinex?  They are sacrificing everything for Kaep's girlfriend's uninformed opinions.
lol You have no idea what you're talking about and clearly don't own any stocks.

Nike didn't just do this on a whim. It's calculated and they know what they're doing.

(09-04-2018, 08:30 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What is Nike doing here? Does anybody believe CK sacrificed anything? Has CK done his part to be added to the likes of Muhammad Ali and Rosa Parks?

What people aren't talking about is how the great Blaine Gabbert caused all of this for being so damn good and beating CK out for his starting job.

[Image: kaepernick-socks-cops-08-31-16.png]

Right-wingers: always the victim. There you go again - bashing capitalism.

The war on Christmas!

I'm eagerly awaiting Drifter's post about the flag in First Man. It's a conspiracy I tell you.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(09-04-2018, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 11:33 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Losses of over $4 billion since the ad campaign began.
Does Nike believe their own bovinex?  They are sacrificing everything for Kaep's girlfriend's uninformed opinions.
lol You have no idea what you're talking about and clearly don't own any stocks.

Nike didn't just do this on a whim. It's calculated and they know what they're doing.

Been trading my own account since 1985 using methods learned from the legendary Grumpy Bob. But what does your personal attack have to do with Nessa Diab?

(09-04-2018, 12:16 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: lol You have no idea what you're talking about and clearly don't own any stocks.

Been trading my own account since 1985 using methods learned from the legendary Grumpy Bob.  But what does your personal attack have to do with Nessa Diab?
You're trying to imply that Nikes stock is down because of the ad campaign.... Which is not true. Or that they are doing this for Nessa which is again, not true.

And that Nike is sacrificing everything which again, is not true. Nike knows what they're doing and if they had any feeling at all that this would lead to the end of Nike, they wouldn't have done it. 

Hopefully you burn your Nike shoes after you take them off your feet.

(09-04-2018, 12:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 12:16 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Been trading my own account since 1985 using methods learned from the legendary Grumpy Bob.  But what does your personal attack have to do with Nessa Diab?
You're trying to imply that Nikes stock is down because of the ad campaign.... Which is not true. Or that they are doing this for Nessa which is again, not true.

And that Nike is sacrificing everything which again, is not true. Nike knows what they're doing and if they had any feeling at all that this would lead to the end of Nike, they wouldn't have done it. 

You sure like to make a lot of assumptions, like assuming I ever owned a Nike anything.
Try again. You're batting 1.000 at being wrong.

(09-04-2018, 12:57 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 12:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You're trying to imply that Nikes stock is down because of the ad campaign.... Which is not true. Or that they are doing this for Nessa which is again, not true.

You sure like to make a lot of assumptions, like assuming I ever owned a Nike anything.
Try again.  You're batting 1.000 at being wrong.
So you believe they're sacrificing everything for Nessa... or you didn't say that?