Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nike & Colin Kaepernick

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 01:15 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Whether Nike knows what they are doing or not, or whether their share price drops remains to be seen, but the one thing that is for sure is CK is a complete fraud who lost his talent and fell off the face of the earth after losing the super bowl and now somehow feels entitled to a job and will act like a petulant little kid until he gets one.

I guess if things get really bad, one of the MSM networks will give him a high paying contributor job. When you failed at everything else in your life, I suppose you can always count on the MSM.

Remember, we aren't exactly talking about Aaron Rodgers here. We are talking about a guy who has averaged 177 passing yards throughout his non-illustrious career.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

None of this is being done for the middle generation. I'm not a boomer and I'm not a millennial so nothing is really advertised to us. This is a stupid campaign but boycotts are stupid and mostly hot air. Pepperidge farm remembers when sports were an escape.

Thanks for the Tillman post. There is the guy who sacrificed.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-04-2018, 10:44 AM)The Drifter Wrote: THis is what NIKE should have done

[Image: PTNike.jpg]

Good Call !!

You know what.. It just dawned on me.

Kaepernick is a washed up has been football player who is now a crappy shoe salesman.

LMAO, this guy is quickly becoming Al Bundy.  Laughing

(09-04-2018, 02:19 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: You know what.. It just dawned on me.

Kaepernick is a washed up has been football player who is now a crappy shoe salesman.

LMAO, this guy is quickly becoming Al Bundy.  Laughing

I don't recall CK ever throwing for 4 TD's in a single game.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 03:00 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(09-04-2018, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 12:57 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: You sure like to make a lot of assumptions, like assuming I ever owned a Nike anything.
Try again.  You're batting 1.000 at being wrong.
So you believe they're sacrificing everything for Nessa... or you didn't say that?

For those of you playing at home, Nessa Diab is the SJW destroying the dumb fool Kaepernick's life, telling him stuff like Michael Brown was trying to surrender. He has no voice; it is her voice. Kaep and his agent told the Ravens he would not be kneeling anymore. Nessa said Oh hell yes he WILL be kneeling. Poof goes the contract offer. I guess Kaep does all his kneeling at home now.

Nike is doing some kneeling of their own, at the altar of political correctness while they make billions using slave labor. They gotta be laughing themselves silly at all the ignorant walking billboards in the world. They rounded off a checkmark and convinced 5 billion people it means courage or some such twaddle. I have no idea if the mass illusion will last another day or another thousand years but I'm no closer to joining it.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 04:20 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

[Image: DmM8KEHX0AAfuwT.jpg:medium]

The NFL just doubled down on "Colin":

“The National Football League believes in dialogue, understanding and unity. We embrace the role and responsibility of everyone involved with this game to promote meaningful, positive change in our communities. The social justice issues that Colin and other professional athletes have raised deserve our attention and action.”

You'd think with all these "dialogs" people would have found some common ground. Oh, that's right, the "dialog" consists of virtue-signalling lefties calling anyone to the right of Maxine Waters a "Nazi" and claiming that Nazis don't get a voice. Some dialog.

"“As much as I disagree with the Colin Kaepernick endorsement, in another way — I mean, I wouldn’t have done it. In another way, it is what this country is all about, that you have certain freedoms to do things that other people think you shouldn’t do, but I personally am on a different side of it.”

-Donald J. [BLEEP] Trump

Amazing how quickly this man's convictions disappear when one of his big tenants that pays him a lot of rent takes issue with them.

[Image: takeaknee-jpeg.110087]

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 07:10 PM by My Desired Display Name.)

Dont see the big deal, nike thinks throwing him on an ad campaign will sell some merch...which it likely will...so they paid the man.

I never liked Nike stuff anyway. Their shoes are uncomfortable IMO. I'm a Converse man.

(09-04-2018, 07:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I never liked Nike stuff anyway. Their shoes are uncomfortable IMO. I'm a Converse man.

Converse is owned by Nike.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 07:35 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-04-2018, 07:21 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 07:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I never liked Nike stuff anyway. Their shoes are uncomfortable IMO. I'm a Converse man.

Converse is owned by Nike.

I learn new things everyday.

[Image: 80-did_not_know_that_633a94c88e7d72fb3a8...24152d.jpg]

(09-04-2018, 06:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: "“As much as I disagree with the Colin Kaepernick endorsement, in another way — I mean, I wouldn’t have done it. In another way, it is what this country is all about, that you have certain freedoms to do things that other people think you shouldn’t do, but I personally am on a different side of it.”

-Donald J. [BLEEP] Trump

Amazing how quickly this man's convictions disappear when one of his big tenants that pays him a lot of rent takes issue with them.
I’m shocked! Shocked I tell ya.

NIKE can do whatever they want with their business.  I just don't think their current advertising campaign is a very smart one.  Their "brand" is sporting apparel and I think that it's a mistake to enter the political "sports" arena.  Just my opinion, a better face for their campaign should feature a current athlete who is a "Cinderella story" so-to-speak.  It doesn't really matter the sport... football, basketball, tennis, golf, etc., but a sports "Cinderella story" such as a current athlete that was undrafted and has turned into a star or an athlete that perhaps was drafted low and is currently a star in their sport.

Of course the first one that comes to mind is none other than Tom Brady (drafted in the 6th round).

Recent athletes that come to mind in the NFL are Tony Romo (not currently active), Arian Foster (not currently active) or perhaps our very own AJ Bouye.  Allen Hurns would be another one.  These guys in my opinion would better represent the brand.

NIKE for whatever reason entered the political arena with this selection simply for the politics of it.  Protesting aside, what has Colin Kaepernick ever accomplished in his career as a professional athlete?  The guy can't make a 53 man roster NOT because of his politics, but because he just isn't very good.

As far as me personally, NIKE sneakers tend to be better on my feet than some of the other brands.  With that being said, I am shopping for new sneakers since NIKE dropped the model that I usually buy, and their offerings for what I want are a little bit pricey.  I'll just look at sneakers and purchase what is good for me regardless of the stupid political statement that a company decides to make.

As far as stock prices, first of all for the average person in my opinion you're stupid to buy individual stocks in individual companies (with some exceptions).  I tend to lean towards investing in sectors or market index types of ETF's.  This whole thing with NIKE isn't going to dump the sector that it is in.  I seriously doubt that NIKE is going to be hurt by this long term, but I still think that it's a dumb strategy on their part, and I as a consumer am going to find the product that I want regardless of the brand.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-04-2018, 07:09 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: Dont see the big deal, nike thinks throwing him on an ad campaign will sell some merch...which it likely will...so they paid the man.

They're going in big for the Cuba market.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I'll just stick with Crocs and that pair of old Rockports from the 80s that I wear about an hour a year.

*yawn*

Colin who? He's about as relevant as Pee Wee Herman.

Next.

[Image: 41194478_353825021827360_265053712138266...e=5C2A21B7]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"