Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nike & Colin Kaepernick

I hate the idea that people still buy into this. "We don't have a voice" every Major conservative host that I know has invited Kap and any of the kneeling players on their shows to have a discussion. The president of the United States said, "Okay you have a policy you want to discuss, or a list of people you feel are UNJUSTLY PERSECUTED let's see it?" When its time for steak we get nothing but platitudes and talking points the players themselves don't even understand.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2018, 08:04 AM)jj82284 Wrote: I hate the idea that people still buy into this.  "We don't have a voice" every Major conservative host that I know has invited Kap and any of the kneeling players on their shows to have a discussion.  The president of the United States said, "Okay you have a policy you want to discuss, or a list of people you feel are UNJUSTLY PERSECUTED let's see it?"  When its time for steak we get nothing but platitudes and talking points the players themselves don't even understand.

When you look at the target of Nike's campaign, it all makes sense.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 08:56 AM by Jagwired.)

A company that manufactures and sells knee pads would be a better candidate to have CK as the face of the product.

" When the protesting has your knees screaming racism, Tuff Pads by Husky"
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 09:33 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

[Image: just-do-it-li414t.jpg]

I wish LKap wouldn't appropriate black culture this way. They don't need no white dude sticking up for them, it's problematically paternalistic.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Nike stock is up today.... Weird how yesterday had nothing to do with Kap and today has nothing to do with Kap.

(09-05-2018, 10:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Nike stock is up today.... Weird how yesterday had nothing to do with Kap and today has nothing to do with Kap.

Does that mean the price of a bowl of rice is down in China?

Nike, where child labor...err.. care is free.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-05-2018, 10:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Nike stock is up today.... Weird how yesterday had nothing to do with Kap and today has nothing to do with Kap.

Are you the CEO or something? Good Lord.  Enjoy your Kap jersey.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 11:05 AM by Kane.)

I didn't really support Nike anyway...

For a long time

Meanwhile Nike's stock is taking a hit... So.. whatever.
That's what they get for eating poison.

The fact that people still buy dozens of Jordans is baffling to me honestly. But waste your money how you want I suppose.
Also.. someone made a good point. Burning and cutting up clothing you already paid for is not a boycott.
Donate them to the needy instead of being an idiot.

(09-05-2018, 10:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Are you the CEO or something? Good Lord.  Enjoy your Kap jersey.
Hahaha You good?

I wish I was the CEO of Nike. That'd be awesome! Don't have a Kap jersey and don't plan to buy one.

Up from what exactly? The tumble it took? lol

(09-05-2018, 11:06 AM)Kane Wrote:

You think the tumble was Kap related? UA is down today... is that Kap related or nah?

(09-05-2018, 11:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 10:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are you the CEO or something? Good Lord.  Enjoy your Kap jersey.
Hahaha You good?

I wish I was the CEO of Nike. That'd be awesome! Don't have a Kap jersey and don't plan to buy one.

You are sitting here watching the ticker shaking your leg nervously hoping the market can somehow prove your agenda.

Any normal person knows it isn't in Nike's best interest getting involved in politics. I don't even think that is arguable.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 11:26 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-05-2018, 11:06 AM)Kane Wrote:

Lol, yeah.. it'll be like him losing a 20 yesterday, finding a 5 toady and then telling us.. "Hey guys, I'm 5 dollars ahead!".

Big Grin

To be honest, I wrote off Allen Robinson when I saw the video of his shoe room.
Maybe Islam got one thing right - shoes are for throwing at people you don't like, not for building a museum in your closet.

(09-05-2018, 11:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahaha You good?

You are sitting here watching the ticker shaking your leg nervously hoping the market can somehow prove your agenda.

Any normal person knows it isn't in Nike's best interest getting involved in politics. I don't even think that is arguable.
Lol and what about the people bashing Nike saying their stock is down because of Kap? That's clearly not true. I don't even have an agenda. Just pointing out that their stock is not fluctuating because of Kap. He has nothing to do with their stock. UA is down like 3% today....

How do you know what's in Nikes best interests? I'm sure they've thought this whole thing out and they believe it will have nothing to do with their stock. For every person that stops buying Nike because of their stance, another person will buy it.

(09-05-2018, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You are sitting here watching the ticker shaking your leg nervously hoping the market can somehow prove your agenda.

Lol and what about the people bashing Nike saying their stock is down because of Kap? That's clearly not true. I don't even have an agenda. Just pointing out that their stock is not fluctuating because of Kap. He has nothing to do with their stock. UA is down like 3% today....

How do you know what's in Nikes best interests? I'm sure they've thought this whole thing out and they believe it will have nothing to do with their stock. For every person that stops buying Nike because of their stance, another person will buy it.

Yeppers. Their market is people stupid enough to pay $200 for a pair of sneakers. I doubt this will have any effect on Nike sales.

But maybe by touting Keap the activist crowd will now start overlooking the Asian children slaving away in sweat shops. if so, it's a smart move by Nike.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 12:57 PM by copycat.)

(09-05-2018, 11:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You are sitting here watching the ticker shaking your leg nervously hoping the market can somehow prove your agenda.

I don't see the sneaker department taking a hit in this.  Probably not the sports jersey sales either, those protesters are already boycotting.  I am curious about the other clothing like the golf line and the jogging apparel.  Either way, as you stated it is too early to tell how this plays out.  Time will tell.

(09-05-2018, 12:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol and what about the people bashing Nike saying their stock is down because of Kap? That's clearly not true. I don't even have an agenda. Just pointing out that their stock is not fluctuating because of Kap. He has nothing to do with their stock. UA is down like 3% today....

Yeppers. Their market is people stupid enough to pay $200 for a pair of sneakers. I doubt this will have any effect on Nike sales.

But maybe by touting Keap the activist crowd will now start overlooking the Asian children slaving away in sweat shops. if so, it's a smart move by Nike.

Excellent point, but how much heat has the manufacturing of Nike products really taken?  Besides an occasional drive by I don't really hear about it much.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 01:05 PM by Caldrac.)

Give it time. At this point regardless of our views and/or stances it's all pure speculation. I am sure people will still overpay for their products as we always have. I really don't have a personal stake invested in NIKE or a dog in this race. But again it's comical that a company that's been built off the backs of cheap child slave labor is now attempting to throw it's hat in the ring inside of the political and activist arena. 

We're all hypocrites to a degree. I am not shying away from this fact when it comes to myself as well. But I would like someone from NIKE to at least admit how comical all of this [BLEEP] is and how hypocritical it is. If they care so much now about black activism and being a large voice for the small minority in America then put your money where your mouth is as well. Also, why did it take them this long to hop aboard the the great Racial divide train and false narratives the MSM has spoon fed people over the last few years?

They could start by moving their cheap slave labor factories and their other foreign interests back into the United States and specifically provide more opportunities to the black people and other minority groups that feel victimized and marginalized by Uncle Whitey in this country. Instead of using a face and controversy to stir up the pot through the MSM. Back your beliefs with actual actions.

Because at this point they look foolish as hell when it comes to morality. In other words, do they REALLY give a [BLEEP] about all of this? Because I highly, highly [BLEEP] doubt it. They're just like any other greedy corporation looking to cash on in on sensationalism in this country.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Adidas, Nike, and Reebok's value and sales are directly tied to the talent that they have endorsement deals with and they routinely have "contract wars" between eachother when it comes to signing this talent. I think Nike's strategy behind this plays right into that. I think they inked a deal with Kaepernick so they can put out a B.S. persona that they give a damn about black people's plight in hopes that it'll give them a edge signing star black athletes, thus leading to more merchandise sales..which it probably will in the long run.