Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nike & Colin Kaepernick

(09-05-2018, 11:21 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Are you Chinese? Or is the USA buying all the iron one and coal?

As goes America, so goes the world.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2018, 05:51 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 04:59 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Nike is paying their employees (80% are female) 20 cents an hour and they work 70 to 80 hours a week.  So, $14 - $16 a week for working 2 jobs.  I wonder how Nessa feels about that?  Oh well, she got hers - and his.

Did you care about this issue on this past Sunday?

Of course. I didn't buy any Nikes on Sunday, or last week, last month, last year, last decade or last century.

Ironically, the man who made the REAL sacrifice is the guy who occupies the Oval Office. This man forewent 8 years of continuing to grow his multi-billion dollar empire and chose the path of getting our country back on the track it needs to be on.

(09-06-2018, 04:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ironically, the man who made the REAL sacrifice is the guy who occupies the Oval Office. This man forewent 8 years of continuing to grow his multi-billion dollar empire and chose the path of getting our country back on the track it needs to be on.

He forewent growing his empire, yet he mentioned that Nike "pays (him) a lot of rent."

...hmmmm

(09-06-2018, 04:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ironically, the man who made the REAL sacrifice is the guy who occupies the Oval Office. This man forewent 8 years of continuing to grow his multi-billion dollar empire and chose the path of getting our country back on the track it needs to be on.
You need help.

(09-06-2018, 05:37 PM)TJBender Wrote:

He forewent growing his empire, yet he mentioned that Nike "pays (him) a lot of rent."

...hmmmm

In the real world, tenants pay rent. Cortez and Bernie will fix that problem too.

(09-06-2018, 06:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 05:37 PM)TJBender Wrote: He forewent growing his empire, yet he mentioned that Nike "pays (him) a lot of rent."

...hmmmm

In the real world, tenants pay rent. Cortez and Bernie will fix that problem too.

Sometimes I wonder how you're able to look yourself in the mirror without cracking up.

Then I remind myself that I'm roughly 95% sure you're a J-Dub level troll in this forum.

(09-06-2018, 06:42 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 06:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In the real world, tenants pay rent. Cortez and Bernie will fix that problem too.

Sometimes I wonder how you're able to look yourself in the mirror without cracking up.

Then I remind myself that I'm roughly 95% sure you're a J-Dub level troll in this forum.

Reading that dissertation your "friend" wrote, I remind myself that I'm roughly 95% sure you don't keep very good company.

Wow!  You snuck that one past the foaming-at-the-mouth liberals without a single word of dissent!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-05-2018, 08:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 07:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Trump's economy continues booming while Nike fell 3% over the weekend then closed today back up 0.4%. Time will tell what happens with the Kap thing, but almost every company on Earth  is gaining from the Trump Surge.
Try checking the Nike stock over the past year....

UA was down almost 3% today. Why is that? 
Nike is just fine.

Past year???
This is a new thing... Why would we say "Nike is doing better than a year ago" when talking about a new thing they started a few days ago?

You are actually insane.

(09-07-2018, 11:34 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 08:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Try checking the Nike stock over the past year....

UA was down almost 3% today. Why is that? 
Nike is just fine.

Past year???
This is a new thing... Why would we say "Nike is doing better than a year ago" when talking about a new thing they started a few days ago?
Because he said that Trumps economy is booming but somehow Nike isn't benefiting.... Which isn't true.

Stocks fluctuate all the time so trying to make a claim that they're stock is down because of Kap is false. It's up today which isn't because of Kap as well.

(09-07-2018, 12:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 11:34 AM)Kane Wrote: Past year???
Because he said that Trumps economy is booming but somehow Nike isn't benefiting.... Which isn't true.

Stocks fluctuate all the time so trying to make a claim that they're stock is down because of Kap is false. It's up today which isn't because of Kap as well.

That isn't what I said though.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-07-2018, 01:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 12:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Because he said that Trumps economy is booming but somehow Nike isn't benefiting.... Which isn't true.

That isn't what I said though.
"Trump's economy continues booming while Nike fell 3% over the weekend then closed today back up 0.4%"

You said every company is booming which implies that Nike is not booming. When in fact, it's doing just fine no matter what has happened in the past 3 days.

(09-07-2018, 01:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 01:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That isn't what I said though.
"Trump's economy continues booming while Nike fell 3% over the weekend then closed today back up 0.4%"

You said every company is booming which implies that Nike is not booming. When in fact, it's doing just fine no matter what has happened in the past 3 days.

That doesn't mean that Nike hasn't been benefiting, just that they took what could be interpreted as a PR hit to their stock price in the last few days.

(09-05-2018, 06:50 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I see the snowflakes are upset again.

This is marketing genius by Nike.

Yep Nike is winning on all sides. They ain’t worried about losing a couple million dollars when they probably had 200 million in the coffers anyway.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

NIKE = "Non Intelligent Kaepernick Experiment"

(09-07-2018, 03:23 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 06:50 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I see the snowflakes are upset again.

This is marketing genius by Nike.

Yep Nike is winning on all sides. They ain’t worried about losing a couple million dollars when they probably had 200 million in the coffers anyway.

If Nike only had 200 million in the "coffers", they should probably be worried.

Their sales are said to be surging...sounds pretty intelligent to me  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/09/08/nikes-sales-surge-after-releasing-controversial-colin-kaepernick-just-do-it-campaign.amp.html

(09-09-2018, 10:47 AM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: Their sales are said to be surging...sounds pretty intelligent to me  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/09/08/nikes-sales-surge-after-releasing-controversial-colin-kaepernick-just-do-it-campaign.amp.html

I don't think anybody ever truly thought this would impact Nike financially in the long run. 

They made a calculated move to target the demographic who eat this kind of crap up.  There are more millennials who look to LeBron James & Steph Curry for their political views than 40 year olds.

Good for them.