Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nike & Colin Kaepernick

(09-09-2018, 10:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 10:47 AM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: Their sales are said to be surging...sounds pretty intelligent to me  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/09/08/nikes-sales-surge-after-releasing-controversial-colin-kaepernick-just-do-it-campaign.amp.html

I don't think anybody ever truly thought this would impact Nike financially in the long run. 

They made a calculated move to target the demographic who eat this kind of crap up.  There are more millennials who look to LeBron James & Steph Curry for their political views than 40 year olds.

Good for them.

Like I said, it doesn't matter what I think, I'm not in their target demographic. The NFL, OTOH, suffered another huge ratings decline for the season opener, something that has to concern them since I am, in fact, their target demographic.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2018, 05:15 PM by mikesez.)

(09-09-2018, 11:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 10:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't think anybody ever truly thought this would impact Nike financially in the long run. 

They made a calculated move to target the demographic who eat this kind of crap up.  There are more millennials who look to LeBron James & Steph Curry for their political views than 40 year olds.

Good for them.

Like I said, it doesn't matter what I think, I'm not in their target demographic. The NFL, OTOH, suffered another huge ratings decline for the season opener, something that has to concern them since I am, in fact, their target demographic.

The Thursday night opener had a rain delay.
Honestly I kind of hope the NFL keeps seeing its ratings decline.
The game used to be over, reliably, in three hours.
They used to be more careful about not scheduling teams from the same region to play at the same time on the same network.
There used to be more big plays. Etc.
The NFL can fix all of these things easily and low ratings hopefully will encourage them to look into it.

Did anyone see the records of Nike's political contributions recently?
like most Fortune 500 companies, the majority of the money they gave went to Republican candidates.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Still Kaps fault or........

(09-14-2018, 12:26 AM)TJBender Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...cord-high/

So racist and America hating advertisements > child labor in sweatshops. Good to know the left aren't as righteous as they believe they are.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-14-2018, 12:26 AM)TJBender Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...cord-high/

Nike is entitled to benefit from the Trump economy just like any other corporation.

(09-14-2018, 07:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Nike is entitled to benefit from the Trump economy just like any other corporation.
Hahahaha

"Nikes stock went down the day after the Kap commercial. Bad idea Nike!"

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 01:11 PM by TJBender.)

(09-14-2018, 07:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Careful! Spin that any harder and you might get dizzy, Strou-Dub.

(09-14-2018, 07:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

So racist and America hating advertisements > child labor in sweatshops. Good to know the left aren't as righteous as they believe they are.

Nah, just leaving that there to watch Trumpettes get their panties in a wad.

(09-14-2018, 01:10 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 07:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Nike is entitled to benefit from the Trump economy just like any other corporation.

Careful! Spin that any harder and you might get dizzy, Strou-Dub.

(09-14-2018, 07:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So racist and America hating advertisements > child labor in sweatshops. Good to know the left aren't as righteous as they believe they are.

Nah, just leaving that there to watch Trumpettes get their panties in a wad.

I'm just glad to see the economy can survive the politicization of everything.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 02:29 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

I never thought the ad would seriously hurt their business, but it was already at record highs before the ad, so I'm not sure returning to those highs means a whole lot. A 3% drop is just a good buying opportunity for investors.

Nike was down 25% from their 2015 high until November 2016. Since then they're up 40%. Does Trump get credit for that one like you gave credit to Kaepernick for this one?

(09-14-2018, 02:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

I never thought the ad would seriously hurt their business, but it was already at record highs before the ad, so I'm not sure returning to those highs means a whole lot. A 3% drop is just a good buying opportunity for investors.

Nike was down 25% from their 2015 high until November 2016. Since then they're up 40%. Does Trump get credit for that one like you gave credit to Kaepernick for this one?
That's the thing. No one is giving credit to Kap here. The point is just proving that Kap has nothing to do with Nikes stock. Whether it goes up or down has nothing to do with him.

(09-14-2018, 02:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Do the Nike execs get any credit?

Maybe it's just a massive bubble? Pretty sure someone said that a couple years back.

You seem to want a totalitarian state. How sad.

(09-14-2018, 07:08 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 02:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I never thought the ad would seriously hurt their business, but it was already at record highs before the ad, so I'm not sure returning to those highs means a whole lot. A 3% drop is just a good buying opportunity for investors.

Do the Nike execs get any credit?

Maybe it's just a massive bubble? Pretty sure someone said that a couple years back.

You seem to want a totalitarian state. How sad.
Yeah, OK.
I guess you'd rather attack me than my point. You didn't even answer my post. You just deflected.

Sure I did. I made funny of your cultism.

So do you give credit for the presidents who helped Trump maintain/build his wealth previously?

(09-14-2018, 11:19 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Sure I did. I made funny of your cultism.

So do you give credit for the presidents who helped Trump maintain/build his wealth previously?

No, you didn't. 

I literally just said the Kaepernick deal wouldn't seriously effect their business but I suffer from cultism? 

You're so unwilling to credit Trump for this economy that you repeatedly go back and try to make me support someone else before you're willing to answer my question. If you want to give examples, then I can answer them specifically. If you want a general yes or no, then sure I'll give credit to every President that helped him maintain / build his wealth. A definition so loose that the standard to "maintain" wealth can be a very low standard but yeah... sure... 

These same Nike executives' business was on a continuous decline until Trump got elected. They traded sideways, after the election, until almost the exact moment they announced that they had a tax plan and would introduce it to the House. After that point, the stock has soared nearly 40%. You want to credit the executives. I'm far more confident that the pro-business policies implemented by Trump is the reason for their success. But maybe you can show me how the executives improved their business.

So, again, does Trump get any credit for their rise?

Kaepernick's agent said that a team is on the verge of signing him

If you're on the opposing defense and you sack him or intercept him, guess what? You're racist!

(09-22-2018, 06:56 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Kaepernick's agent said that a team is on the verge of signing him

If you're on the opposing defense and you sack him or intercept him, guess what? You're racist!

45 yards in penalties for a single path every time he's hit.

Nobody will sign CK for one reason. He sucks at football. But he is a "civil rights leader", so that should continue to pay well.

We’ll never hear the end of it if Kaep comes in for clean up duties and does alright in limited playing time.

(09-22-2018, 12:53 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: We’ll never hear the end of it if Kaep comes in for clean up duties and does alright in limited playing time.

Yet people can't understand why he is like herpes to GMs.